- DevOps/Cloud Engineer with 7 years of professional experience in Development, System administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM) including end - to-end code configuration, Build & Release Management, performing duties such as Monitoring, Deployment, Automation, Support, Cloud Engineering and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Linux system administration, DevOps, AWS Cloud platform and its features.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or custom-built.
- Experience in server infrastructure development on AWS, extensively used AWS Code Deploy, Route53, S3, EC2, Cloud Trail, ECS, SQS, Lambda, ELB, AMIs, EMR and IAM.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 in setting up instances, worked closely with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex issues and setting up security groups.
- Maintained the user accounts RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service (ECS) scheduler.
- Expertise in implementing a production ready, highly available, fault-tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Worked on Scheduling, Deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Experience in working with the OpenShift enterprise which allows developers to quickly develop, host and scale applications in a self-managed cloud environment.
- Experience in writing complex Chef Cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City and Hudson for Continuous Integration and for an end to end automation for all builds and deployments.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, JBoss & Apache Tomcat .
- Use d Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Experience in writing Terraform templates to deploy infrastructure on a cloud with EC2, ELB and SGs in JSON.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Team City for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Supported Server/VM provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via Chef.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Developed cloud solutions using IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a Service).
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL installation and support including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Post GRE, AURORA, RabbitMQ, MongoDB.
- Worked with the network team to do the DNS registration of the servers built in AWS.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups for EC2 Servers.
- Created scripts for Sys Admin and AWS using languages such as PowerShell, BASH and Python.
- Worked with VMWare tools like vCenter & vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and also experience working vMotion.
- Play a key role by contributing to the logical design of VPC managed user management layer for Redshift Cluster and various RDS DB engines.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and Scrum .
- Cloud formation to configure and maintaining Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), NAT instances.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
- Experience with the installation, configuration of RAID 0/1/5 volume management using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Install and configured APACHE / TOMCAT/Nginx server for Solaris and Windows connectivity.
- Experience in ITIL processes- Incident, change, problem management tools.
- Managed daily and nightly Integration test builds for Dev Teams sizing up to 15 and ensured the build stabilization for nightly deploys.
- Discuss with Dev, QA and business teams to Release or Deploy highest quality enterprise product.
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
Cloud Platform: AWS, VMWare
Cloud Services: EC2, S3, RDS, EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift, Lambda, VPC, Route53, IAM, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Kinesis, Direct Connect
Build tools: Ant, Maven
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Aurora
Atlassian Tools: Jira, Bit bucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Sqoop
Networking Tools: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, CDN, DNS
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GIT Hub
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx
Programming Languages: Java, Scala, Perl
Scripting Languages: Perl, Power Shell, Python, bash
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, JIRA, Kanban
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON
Operating Systems: Linux, WINDOWS, CentOS, Ubuntu
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Working on migration and managing multiple applications from on-premise cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2, SQS, SNS, VPC, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and Auto-scaling to design cost effective strategies.
- Using AWS S3 service as a Build Artifact Repository to create release-based buckets for archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Mostly working on improvising the performance of operations by creating AWS Parallel and Nested Stacks using Cloud Formation Template (CFT) with IAM users, EC2 and RDS instances in a multi-tier environment.
- Responsible for building out and improving the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Configuring and managing monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk and ELK.
- Creating reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages. Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments using helm.
- Creating several pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs.
- Strong Experience on Configuring the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations and Developing Cookbooks for automating deployments via Chef.
- Installing, configuring and deploying of Java/J2EE/.Net applications in Application Servers like WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss.
- Working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Puppet continuous integration tool.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Implemented common spark jobs using EMR Hadoop framework for each costumer to move data from traditional files to IBM JDM data ware house using HDFS.
- Using AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS .
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Deliver architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services.
- Working with Custom AMIs, created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks and securing a server with Ansible and Provisioning, deployment with Ansible.
- Using Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing puppet manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Deploy LAMP based applications in AWS environment, including provisioning MYSQL- RDS and establish connectivity between EC2 instance and MySQL-RDS via security groups.
- Developing MAVEN and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Logic platforms.
- Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMIs.
- Run code for virtually any type of application or backend service - all with zero administration using Lambda.
- Manage Amazon RDS for backups, software patching, automatic failure detection, and recovery.
- Installed and configuring Apache Tomcat on Red hat Linux, Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, Amazon RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53, GIT, VPC, Route53), Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira, Terraform, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, ELK Unix/Linux, Bash Shell script, Python, Chef, Apache Tomcat, Oracle DB.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Deployed, monitored and maintained AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm’s as required in the environment.
- Developed cloud formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation.
- Create and determine what happens in each phase with a build cookbook.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS.
- Managed and worked with various instances of EC2 , creating AMI s, and managing EBS volumes and configuring security groups, Elastic IPs etc.
- Created nightly AMI s for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation Templates to simplify provisioning and management on AWS.
- Migrated applications from internal data center to AWS.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Deployed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the system to build, test and deploy.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test and deployment environments and performed configuration automation using Docker Containers.
- Configured Docker Container for branching purposes and implemented Docker automation solution for CI/CD model.
- Mostly used Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- Implemented the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Installed, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Installation of JIRA , and customization of JIRA for workflow, look & feel, fields, user & group management.
- Created read replicas of AWS-RDS- MySQL Db in various regions and AZs using backups and snapshots and scale out AWS-RDS- MySQL instance to additional AZs and regions based on requirements using DB snapshots.
- Have implemented chef provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using the Chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Used Chef to automate the deployment workflow of JAVA applications on Apache Tomcat and Oracle WebLogic servers.
- Deploy and configured Git repositories with branching, tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
- Created VMware Lab setup as per Internal QA team's requirement using VMware ESXI servers.
- Involved in the installation, monitoring and support of Unix based servers, firewalls, Cisco networks, perimeter security technologies, Internet technologies and remote office WAN/ LAN connectivity.
- Perform all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
- Scale a distributed in-memory cache environment in the cloud using elastic cache.
- Co-ordinates the execution of multiple computing devices with Amazon SWF.
- Manage automated backups and create own backup snapshots when need.
- Support and help to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
- Deploy builds to production and work with the teams to identify and troubleshoot any issues.
- Automate Merging of branches as requested by developers.
- Configure Linux environments in both public and private domains.
- Configure and schedule the scripts to automate the module installation in the environment.
- Extract the data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and loaded data into Cassandra.
- Apply redirection rules in Apache based on redirection conditions provided by developers.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, SVN, GIT, AWS, Docker, Tomcat APACHE, Vagrant, Ant, Python, Agile, Maven, CoreOs, Jira, Nagios.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Auto-scaling groups and OpsWorks.
- Performed S3 Buckets creation, creating custom AMIs, tags and modified AMI permissions.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database. Also created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Installed and managed Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Worked on Artifactory repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, installed workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes.
- Wrote recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-Server, Managed on-site OS/Application/Servers/Packages using
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, MAVEN in multiple environments.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration tool using Shell and Ruby scripts for automating releases to different environments.
- Worked on GIT Bucket for creating new users, branching, merging the changes and Pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as DynamoDB.
- Performed installation, configuration, upgrades, Package administration and support for Linux.
- Also, a part of Linux group to setup servers Power Path software installation, configuration, upgrade and administration on UNIX and Linux Servers.
Environment: Solaris and Windows, AWS, Splunk, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Python, Ruby, Shell, SVN, JIRA, Artifactory.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Jenkins for automating Deployments and providing an automation solution and Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process & used Jenkins for automating Builds & Deployments.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet which includes the installation and configuration of the Puppet Master and admin control workstation.
- Wrote Puppet Manifests for configuration management and code deploying of .Net and java applications.
- Test, Review and Merged pull requests in GitHub created by other Puppet Engineers.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to another.
- Used Jenkins to run puppet on VMs in Openstack cloud.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition Jira issues from within Bitbucket server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket server.
- Developed and maintained build framework in Pearl and Unix Shell for automation of activities on Workflow execution steps.
Environment: Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, Jira, Nexus, Shell Scripts, Apache Tomcat, Bash, PowerShell.
- Successfully processed Unix/Linux requests and tickets(incidents)
- Performed Dev, QA and Prod Unix system troubleshooting, security analysis for system alerts and incidents.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x and Solaris 10/11 operating system on physical servers and virtual machines for development and test environment.
- Installed and configured SSH, SFTP, NDM, EMC Power Path, Oracle Client, DDNS, LDAP integration.
- Implemented the jumpstart in Solaris servers and Kickstart in Linux Servers to mechanize the server works for numerous profiles.
- Installed, Configured and Administered CentOS and Ubuntu on remote and desktop servers.
- Worked on Linux Logical Volume (LVM), created volume groups, logical volumes, file systems and troubleshooting.
- Worked with Apache Web Servers and managing JBoss, Apache Tomcat and Web Sphere application servers.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Installed, configured and managed VMWare ESX server.
- Performed server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM and YUM
Environment: RedHat, Shell Scripts, Apache Tomcat, Linux, DNS, Oracle, WebSphere, SSH, VMware ESX 3.5.0.