- Overall 6 years of experience as a Build/Release Management and Deployment/Operations (DevOps) engineer with a strong background in Linux Administration and best practices of SDLC methodologies like Migrations and DevOps/Cloud
- Experienced in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Experienced in designing AWS models for Infrastructure - as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53, Lambda, Key pairs, SQS.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, virtual private cloud (VPC’S) and security groups
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS systems using BIND, Route53 (AWS), Powering.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Strong base knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). In depth knowledge about Agile, Waterfall and Scrum methodologies. And developed an ability of choosing best methodology depending on projects nature.
- Experience in branching, tagging, releasing and maintaining the versions across the environments using version control systems like GIT, GITHUB, SVN on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experienced in working with continuous integration technologies Hudson and Jenkins. Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet & Chef.
- Hands on experience with Ansible to automate the deployment process, configuration management and infrastructure.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining auto-scaling AWS stacks using cloud formation templates (CFT).
- Experienced in working with VM Ware and installing Dockers using Docker toolbox.
- Experience in implementing Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker swarm and Docker container Network
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Experience in integrating JIRA with CI/CD pipeline as defect tracking system and configured workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking.
- Experience in using Docker, Kubernetes and clustering frameworks.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Expertise in configuration management and automation using the industry-leading tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Managed and dealt with system performance and monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Hands-on experience in using AWS - Cloud Watch and created alerts for instances.
- Used AWS IAM to create and maintain user accounts, profiles, network security and security groups.
- Created Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Centre (ESXI), hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box
- Worked on Performance, Log Monitoring Issues, Role Mapping, Dashboard Creation, Data models, using Splunk.
- Knowledge of using various routed protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience in Firewall management, hardening OS security, scheduling job using Cron and strong understanding of advance TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv4 sub netting, IPv6.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of Jboss, Apache Tomcat Web Server, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Documented release builds and source control processes and plans for J2EE applications.
- Worked with multiple teams like Development, QA, DB and middleware administrators in automating various tasks
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS, NT, Perforce, Stash, Team Foundation Server, IBM Clear case
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Sonar, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, IAM, R53, ASG), MS Azure, OpenStack
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBoss 4.22. GA Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Database: Oracle 9i/10g,11g,12c SQL SERVER, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, Cassandra
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, CISCO Routers/Switches, Palo alto, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper, Cisco
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, AnthillPro, BuildForge, uBuild, TeamCity
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker and Splunk, Vagrant, Terraform
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, NodeJS, Bash shell, Power shell scripting
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), Web Sphere4.0/5.0
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, MS Build
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen
Volume Manager: VERITAS volume manager, LVM with Linux
Monitoring, Alerting: Nagios, Keynote, SPLUNK, Log Stash.
Confidential , MO
- Technical leader to align processes and tools, such as branching, source control structure, dependency management, Linux\Windows hybrid build infrastructure, code review, and check-in policies, that are developed and instrumented by DevOps teams across projects globally.
- Migrated and automated cloud deployments using API's, chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud formation templates.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Used Git & Subversion (SVN)as source code repositories, managed for branching, merging, and tagging the files.
- Worked on Cloud formation to create cloud watch metric filters and alarms for monitoring and notifying the occurrence of cloud trail events.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, Elasticsearch, Cloud front, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances using API's.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances
- Experienced in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Maven.
- Deployed and scaled java web applications on to Apache servers using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Involved in setting up and operating AWS Relational database service (RDS) & Nosql Database Dynamo DB(DDB) services.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as database dictionaries.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Expertise in configuration of Chef Enterprise, workstation, bootstrapped nodes, developed recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to chef server.
- Worked on the Rest API to process the data to database using python scripting.
- Researched and Designed the Docker POC for the application and infrastructure.
- Made extensive use of Chef, GitHub and ansible to manage build / deploy tasks, including Continuous Integration.
- Configured Jenkins to create docker image for build and performed tests on a docker container.
- Installed Red hat Linux (RHEL) using Kickstart and applied security patches for hardening the server based on the company's policies.
- Expertise in terraform for multi cloud deployment using single configuration.
- Extensively used chef & Ruby and ansible for Continuous Deployment.
- Worked on confidential for deploying application with zero downtime in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for pipeline.
- Good Experience in dynamo database and Cassandra database for decentralization and replication.
- Worked closely with development team and Quality Assurance team for product releases.
- Automated the contiguous process writing code using shell, Bash, python scripting languages
- Extensively used jira for workflow visualization.
- Used Ansible to manage web applications, configure files, database, users, mount points and packages.
- Contributed to decreasing need for downtime by developing and improving procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios and Splunk and repositories nexus and artifactory.
ENVIRONMENT: Jenkins, Cloud formation, Confluence, RHEL, Cloud watch, Chef, Docker, RDS, JIRA, DDB, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nexus, EC2, Artifactory, Git, Aws Lambda, Elasticsearch, Ruby, Ansible, shell/Perl, API Gateway, Amazon VPC, Json, RDBMS oracle, MySQL, Bash, bitbucket, sonar qube, Python, Pom.Xml, Linux, Windows.
Build and Release Engineer
- Migrated all the source code from subversion to GIT.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Configuring Jenkins for developers to bounce the application container, to get the application, container, and access logs by using ANT scripts.
- Used the continuous integration tool Hudson to automate the daily processes.
- Migrating J2EE applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and Jenkins.
- Integrated automated build in Jenkins.
- Update Maven scripts to use Artifactory repo instead of local repositories.
- Managing GIT version control system in creating branches, tags, merge, resolving conflicts.
- Created Shell scripts using Python and PHP for test automation.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, Jboss, Web Logic and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments.
- Driven forces for implementing Jira and Confluence for ticket and issue tracking, Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in-house systems to Virtual servers and cloud services.
- For applications that are developed in a regular pace, builds and deployments were as per request.
- Develop and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts.
- Automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool Jenkins.
- Upgraded and Migrated to Jira from Clear Quest for bug tracking and project tracking.
- Created Web Hooks which triggers builds in Jenkins for the legacy products.
- Developed & improved build communication, documenting build processes & procedures.
- Deploy production packages to web servers and application servers according to business needs.
ENVIRONMENT: Subversion, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, GIT, Chef, Accurev, Apache Tomcat, Web sphere, Java, Spring MVC, JSF, Struts, Python, PHP.
DevOps/Build Release Engineer
- Worked with the fast pace of Agile Development team building software systems.
- Coordinated with Architects, Systems, Network, Software & QA Engineers, to continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of Build and Deployment processes to support every phase of development including production releases.
- Responsible in understanding of the interdependencies and structure of systems and implement this knowledge to improve the build and release processes which allow rapidly evolving product offerings.
- Improved continuous integration environment, monitored builds, maintained configuration & automated processes.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Handled the development of reporting metrics and to provide reports to Management on different levels of statistics.
- Worked on requests for adhoc deployment supporting multiple environments.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash Scripting
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Configured project dependencies in maven file to use reusable artifacts from Artifactory.
- Configured Red Hat Kick start for installing multiple production servers.
- Managed Code Repository by administering database baseline, improved practices of branching and code merge.
- Used ANT & MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to build and move from one environment to other.
- Used shell scripts to automate build & release process; managed Maven project dependencies.
- Built & deployed Java/J2EE to WebApp Server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated process
- Integrated JIRA with Stash and created automated release notes using bash scripts.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- By using JIRA/CONFLUENCE we maintain our product release wikis on confluence. And administer JIRA and manage tickets raised by keeping a close eye.
- Performed periodic customer releases through Git pushes to shared, private and public servers. We use cron tabs, automated scripts to do continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
ENVIRONMENT: Subversion, GIT, SCRUM, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, AWS, Puppet, Ansible, Maven, Nagios, Artifactory, VMware, JIRA, Stash, Linux, Apache, Bash, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
- Responsible for operations in UNIX and Linux Server Environments.
- Managed and carried out system maintenance, hardware replacements and upgrades. Performed system patch and software analysis, installs and configuration.
- Installed and Configured RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris 10 on Intel and AMD hardware
- Configured hands-free installation using Kickstart and PXE.
- Participated in upgrading and migrating 3.x to 4.x and 5.0
- Perform Linux and UNIX Kernel tuning for web, database and application servers.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs using SH and bash.
- Managed user accounts and groups for corporate UNIX and Linux users.
- Managed and support corporate UNIX and Linux Development servers.
- Responsible for OS installs, system configuration and upgrades.
- Manage and perform change control and administration on application servers, web servers, LDAP servers and database servers in the company's mission critical production, staging and development environments.
- Provide responsive off-hours support in a 24 /7 environment and ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications.
ENVIRONMENT: Linux, Apache, Bash, Perl Scripts, RHEL 3/4/5, Shell scripts.