- Around 5 years of Experience as DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer and Linux System Administrator and hands on experience with Configuration Management tools, Build, Deploy, Release Management, and other tools on UNIX, LINUX and Windows Environment.
- Good Experience in working on version control tools like Subversion (SVN), Git and used source code management client tools like Git Bash, Bit bucket, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications.
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Dev, Test and Pre - production and Cloud Automation through open Source DevOps tools like Terraform, Chef, Pupp et, Build Forge, Jenkins & Docker.
- Experience with automating release process using Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA and Gerrit as tools in diversified project environment.
- Used Ant/Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines.
- Experience in windows Azure and Azure internal tools for monitoring network and server health.
- Extensible experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Process using Shell, Perl, Python and Batch Scripts.
- Good Experience of Amazon AWS Cloud Service (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, Cloud Watch).
- Experience in development and configuration with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Build Server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of Devops tools like Puppet.
- Established Chef best practices approaches to system deployment with tools like vagrant and test-kitchen and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and version controlled.
- Expertise in deploying JBoss, tomcat and apache servers through the Devops pipeline including tools Github, Jenkins, Artifactory and CA release automation.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Kubernetes, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Good Experience with virtual machines like VMWare or VirtualBox and Docker container.
- Deployed applications on to OpenStack and used its services for managing Images, snapshots and Virtual Machines.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server for data integrity.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Wily, Sensu, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and Change Management (CM) solution using TFS, Rational Clear Case, Jira, Remedy, ClearQuest (Change Control tool).
- Delivered 24x7 operations through a customer-focused approach including Pagerduty and troubleshooting problems with Remedy Ticketing System.
- Experience in configuring and setting up Virtual Environments using VMware, OpenStack, and AWS.
- Quick analyzing and identifying ability of operational issues including good understanding of backups, deployment and load balancing techniques.
SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT, Perforce, Clear case, Tortoise SVN, Bit Bucket, TFS
Build/CI Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, Build Forge, Anthillpro, TFS Visual Studio Build, Gerrit
Bug Tracking & Testing Tools: JIRA, Rally, Fisheye, Crucible, Remedy, Bugzilla, Clear Quest, JUnit
Automation Container: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos Marathon
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Cloud Service: OpenStack and Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, RDS, S3, ROUTE53, IAM, Cloud front, API Gateway, Lambda, Elasticsearch, CloudFormation, EBS, ELB, Cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk and Cloud trail
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Sensu, OEM
Scripting Languages: UNIX, Shell Scripting, Perl, Ruby, and Python
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat, CentOS, Red Hat Satellite 6), solaris, Windows
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE
Database: SQL, MySQL, Mongo Db, Cassandra DB
Confidential, New York, NY
Cloud Devops Engineer
- Cloud Automation Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Worked extensively with AWS Services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Autoscaling Groups, Route 53, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, SNS, and RDS.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Created and troubleshooted Ansible scripts used Kubernetes and YAML files to deploy CI/CD applications automatically and Idempotently to reduce time costs.
- Enabled Auditing for Kubernetes Cluster and Monitoring logs locally, depending on namespaces required through metadata level.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. & Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Used ELK, Sensu and Nagios for monitoring and logging of different application logs.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMI's.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Connected continuous integration systems with the GIT version control repository and continually built as the check-ins came from the developer and Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams and created proxy Nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of VMware platform. Performed capacity analysis of existing physical production environment using VMware vCenter Operations Manager.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using Technologies like Splunk, Shell scripts, GIT, Maven, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Junit, Ansible.
- Used Elastic Load balancer (ALB & CLB) for pinging Ec2 instances in round-robin process and health checking of EC2 instances along with Route 53.
- Experience in Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes & Ansible in build automation pipeline and production deployment.
- Extensively used Jira and Kanban boards for workflow visualization in agile development.
- Automated testing using JUnit integrating with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control EC2 instance operations.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures with Bitbucket, Github, Git & eclipse.
- Implemented the setup for Master-slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Expertise in JIRA in issue tracking, project management, Change Management and Release Management.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Maven, Docker, EC2, Elk Stack, Kubernetes, Agile, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Ansible, Confluence, AWS ELB, SonarQube, Terraform, Dynamo DB, Jira, Linux, AWS lambda Cloud watch, RHEL, IAM, Nexus, Splunk, Sensu, Bamboo, Elasticsearch, Artifactory, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Bitbucket, Python, TFS, SCM GIT, API Gateway, Jenkins, Tomcat, Java, J2EE
Confidential, Denver, CO
Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
- Automated infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services. Deployed puppet to completely provision and manages AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Virtualized servers using docker for the test and dev environment needs. Automation using Puppet and Docker Containers.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Performed daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet Modules and Manifests.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Integrated Delivery (CI and CD process) using Jenkins, Nexus and puppet.
- Worked on building application and database servers using AWS EC2 and created AMIs as well as used RDS for Oracle DB. Wrote Shell scripts for automating logs backup and archiving.
- Implemented Continuous Deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes.
- Managed VMware Infrastructure clusters on Production, Pre-production, Test/Development environments.
- Created and Executed automated test scripts in TDD using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, Cloud front, VPC, AMI, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances using API’s.
- Worked on Cloud formation using templates to create cloudwatch metric filters and alarms for monitoring and notifying the occurrence of cloud trail events.
- Automated local Dev, QA & PROD environment using Puppet.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning and migration expertise on to AWS cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Managed OpenStack dashboard in controlling the resources and deployed applications.
- Deployed and scaled java/J2EE web applications on to Apache servers using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Extensively used Docker to automate deployment of applications inside container for efficient usage of underlying systems.
- Expertise on architectural level of Docker and Kubernetes in container-centric development.
- Extensive knowledge in continuous integration tool Jenkins with different plugins like Github, Artifactory, etc.
- Managed Subversion (SVN) repositories for branching, merging and tagging later played a role in migrating it over to Git.
- Created python, YAML and Bash scripts and automations to streamline.
- Experience in compiling and deploying the different applications (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) on different Linux and Windows servers through Devops pipeline which includes Puppet, Jenkins, Artifactory and OpenStack.
- Extensive experience designing and developing Restful APIs & SOAP web services using Apache.
- Worked with Jira & Rally as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and Depended on Confluence for documenting about the progress of Projects and Sprints in Rally.
Environment: Jenkins, Confluence, Subversion(SVN), Ant, Puppet, Docker, Github, JIRA, Rally, Remedy, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, Nginx, TFS, AWS, RHEL, Clear Case, Cloud formation, Maven, Nexus, Kubernetes, JBoss, Git, Rest API, SOAP API, Ruby, shell/Bash, Splunk, OpenStack, MySQL, AWS, SQL, BitBucket, SonarQube, Python, selenium.
- Worked on key projects like creation of POC in Azure for Financial application, Migration of applications to Azure from on premises to cloud.
- Hands on experience in using Elastic container services / Azure Container Services.
- Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Built Chef based CI/CD solutions to improve developer productivity and rapid deployments.
- Contributed in building our cloud infrastructure in A zure.
- Developed Chef recipes using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Automated Cloud deployments using chef, python and Azure Container services.
- Worked on Migration and Managing the private cloud Environment using Chef.
- Developed automation framework for Application deployments to the cloud environments.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning and migration expertise on to Azure Cloud, Integrating with Chef.
- Used Chef for creating recipes & cookbooks and stored configuration data on chef server for managing nodes. Bootstrapping, provisioning nodes using chef server and managing run-lists.
- Worked on administration of Linux servers that included installation, configuration, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual servers.
- Proficient in configuring JumpStart and Kickstart servers to initiate installation of RedHat Linux and Solaris on several machines at once.
- Worked with Jenkins, Github, chef and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Worked with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy and Clear Quest.
- Automated application with Vagrant and Chef for development and test deployments.
- Used Microsoft Azure cloud services in scaling and health monitoring the application servers.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Responsible for monitoring various server’s performance ensuring security and stability with the help of available UNIX utilities.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
- Assisted developers to establish and apply appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT, source control.
- Worked on configuration and Administration of application server JBoss and Web Server Apache.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments
- Experienced in Installing and configuring performance-monitoring tools Nagios
- Worked with various scripting languages like Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash.
Environment: LINUX, API, Chef, Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, JIRA, Remedy, GITHUB, Python, Perl, Bash, ANT, GIT repository, Apache Web Server, JBoss, MYSQL, Nagios.