Experienced I.T. professional with engineering background. In a front page article dated July 29, 2013 The Minneapolis Star Tribune stated that firms needed IT workers but companies complained that everyone was "an IT generalist." The article pointed out, however, that the IT industry is only about 15 years old and has been constantly revolutionized. The article argued that what companies should look for is candidates who show an aptitude for learning and embracing emerging software technologies. I would argue that since my background is engineering, but I've learned and used all these computer languages and scripts, that should put me in the "good candidate" pool.
I.T. SKILLS SUMMARY:
Significant Exposures: Web service client apps, Perl, UNIX, Business Objects, MVC, XML
Currently working with: Backbone, Twitter Bootstrap, Requirejs, Routes, Web SPA, HTML5, CSS3, web page DOM, jQuery, JSON, Ajax, Spring, Hibernate, Swing, RESTful, some PHP
I.T. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Web Commerce Analyst Designer Developer
Confidential, Arden Hills, MNSenior I.T. Analyst Developer
- Developed complex SQL queries (1000 line) for ad hoc reporting and analytics for a pharmaceutical client.
- Created data dictionary by self-querying the database.
- Pulled marketing campaign/coupon data. Migrated existing SQL queries from Oracle to Netezza.
- At first did the work by hand, later wrote an Excel macro to automate the process.
- Produced an Eclipse Java application that read report formatting from a database table and then ran hundreds of SQL queries to produce a Java-created Excel spreadsheet with ten report tabs.
- Wrote an Excel front end to one of FICO's main products. Input from Excel was written to Access and the back end was triggered, which wrote back into Access and was picked up and displayed in Excel.
- This involved 11 Excel sheets and had over 70 subroutines.
- Worked sixty days in a row in an attempt to meet an impossible deadline agreed to by the project manager.
Confidential, Maplewood, MN
Senior I.T. Analyst Developer
- Project lead for multiple webMethods client applications projects for Confidential .
- Championed requirements input output model to increase efficiency and streamline testing.
- Troubleshot webMethods client application, used Wireshark to show cause of network timeout errors.
- Learned Siebel data model and produced complicated custom SQL for Business Object reports.
- Wrote a Java application to parse Siebel eMarketing logs and write data to MS SQL Server database.
- Troubleshot Confidential web forms and process where Confidential customer data was fed to the Siebel back end. Served as a Siebel Enterprise administrator. Set up and administered a CVS repository.
- Built and maintained Microsoft factory servers used by Optical Division’s defect recognition systems. Installed factory software and assisted users with all computer issues, including network issues.
Advanced Analyst Developer
- Gathered extensive requirements and produced web front ends to the Medical Division databases using
- Developed one-half of a large web application utilizing Java, JSP and Java Struts. Created master Xcel macros (VB6) to produce monthly Medical Div.
- Configured and served as the administrator for Medical Division’s iPlanet web server.
- Wrote a web application letting customers see factory inventories using Java servlets, sever-side
Advanced Analyst Developer
- Revamped InfoMyWay v2 monthly report, creating SQL and Unix scripts to tally actual database data. -
- Converted International Price Page data from Excel spreadsheet format to Sybase database format using
- Excel macros, Powerbuilder, and Unix.