- Over 5 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer.
- Proficient in creating clean user driven single page applications in React, Angular 2/4/5/6, Node.js, Express.js.
- Expertise working with Angular 2/4/5/6 to change the appearance and behavior of elements within my Angular application through implementing Routes, Lifecycle Hooks, Router Guards, Directives (structural and attribute), APIs, HttpClient Mods.
- Expertise with HttpClient within Angular 5/6 in which to gain data from a database to GET,POST,PUT,PATCH,DELETE the acquired data.
- Expertise in enabling and disabling certain rights to a user through Angular router guards.
- Expertise in working with a given database to set the confines of a user’s authorization rights to be authenticated.
- Expertise with the 8 Angular lifecycle hooks to step into key times in the processing or change of data within my applications.
- Expertise in creating front end designs for user experience through a seamless user interface using Flexbox, Bootstrap, CSS Grid, Media Queries.
- Experience in open source libraries such as React Bootstrap, Bootstrap, Angular Material.
- Experience with server side programming using Node.js and NPM Modules such as Express.js.
- Experience in relational databases like SQL and PostgreSQL as well as NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience using Mongoose to connect my MongoDB database.
- Experience using Jira project management tools in and Agile work environment.
- Experience in deployment to AWS, Heroku, and Now hosting.
- Experience with the following text editors Visual Studio Code, Sublime, Spring.
Front End Libraries and Frameworks: React.js, Redux, Angular js /2/4/5/6/7,Angular Material, jQuery, Axios, Bootstrap, React Bootstrap, Material UI, Flexbox
Back End / Database: Node.js, Express.js, Ruby on Rails, Mongoose, MongoDB, SQLite3, PostgreSQL
Version Control & Proj Mgmt: Git, Github, Bash, JIRA, Skype, Slack, Balsamiq Wireframes.
Confidential, Newark, New Jersey
- The main objective of our project was to convert and existing AngularJs app to an Angular 5 application for our frontend, which also implements Angular Material and Bootstrap 4. Our backend is Node.js.This new application is a rewrite/migration from our previous internal JAVA application.
- Due to having to run some old internal applications that were based on JAVA and AngularJs we were pulling some information from them, for our new project. I am comfortable working within Spring Tool Suite (STS) and spinning the Tomahawk Server within spring .
- Working with Angular 5 directives such as *ngIf and *ngSwitch, the user was given new elements or some elements were removed such as input fields.
- These input fields that were populated based on these Angular Directives had the need for validation. Using Angular Form Builder to create an instance of a FormGroup directive. Validation was checked with Angular event binding to bind the FormGroup for validation when submit was clicked.
- Communicated and connected to this new MongoDB database with Mongoose.
- Worked with the HttpClient Module to set up GET,POST,PUT,PATCH,DELETE functionality for the user.
- During the time of changing data and deleting of acquired data . I implemented Angular Lifecycle Hooks NgOnChanges and NgOnDestroy.
- The need to hit the database and bring back data was prominent within the project many times to get and update patient/client profiles at many different stages.
- These needs pushed for the use of services through dependency injection to be consumed at any time when the user subscribed and can use the service, for getting data from database and deleting the data.
- Since the last writing of the internal system. The company and needs for different teams and sectors have grown. Based on this, there was the need to write many extensive router guards to be given to different users during authorization for new and old users.
- To give these users the proper authorization and to properly authenticate these users I worked through the steps of creating. Sending, receiving, and storing of JSon Web Tokens.
- In house the company has its own RESTful APIs built out. I created services to consume these RESTful APIs. Using the HttpClient Module that I imported into my project I was able to access the internal API.
- Actively participated in the design from the beginning stages through extensive SCRUM meetings. Our SCRUM meetings were comprised of 4 teams of vastly different sectors of the company.
- Within these meetings we all worked to ensure proper exchange of dialogue to keep a large group on track to meet the needs of the business and factor out and unnecessary time wasted while working in an AGILE environment.
- Considering the size of the application and the needs of so many sectors of the company that will be using the app. All members of all teams were required to put together extensive Wireframes and User Stories and present them to upper management or our team - lead, before writing any key functionality components.
- Implemented Balsamiq Wireframes to present the given information and be sure to stick to the given style guide of the company.
- Communication was frequent inside of our internal messaging system specific to Confidential Blue Cross Employees. We were also responsible for our own Bug fixing, QA, and problem solving.
Confidential, New York, NY
Full Stack Web Developer
Technologies Used: JIRA, Github, Angular 6,Angular Material, Bootstrap 4,CSS3, Express.JS/Mongoose, MongoDb, Json Web Token.
- Tasks daily while working within our Angular 5 application was consistently using *NgIf and *NgSwitch directives to change the dom based on the conditions set forth in my written code.
- Working with the HttpClient Module in Angular 5 to fetch data from the database and work to give get, post, put, patch, and delete functionalities to the user to be interacted with on the front end with full CRUD capabilities.
- Most of our User Interface came from Angular Material as well as Bootstrap 4 and CSS3 to ensure responsiveness across different devices and screen sizes.
- Implementing proper Angular Routing methods we had a need for many new routes. Our once single page application gave the capabilities and functions of a multi-page application. The idea was to give the user the option to save by bookmark different pages to visit exact points at later times.
- Using Angular Form Builder to create an instance of a FormGroup directive using Angular event binding to bind the FormGroup for validation when submitted.
- Worked with Reactive Forms to perform form validations. One aspect of the project components I worked on was . When creating a new log-in profile all of the fields were required, plus the email field must be a valid email address, and password field must have a min length of 6 characters . When submit was pressed the form would validate these aspects.
- Based on these validations I would alert the user through prompts, alerts, and confirm dialogue boxes.
- My team and I were tasked with writing new functionality components while interacting with our MongoDB backend. Such as fetching certain data in the extensive data held for each customer so a worker in the field could quickly access the required information to fulfill the needs for the job.
- We were interacting with the database by way of Mongoose through the application.
- The new applications main need was authentication and authorization rights, for workers in the field who were installing our product.
- By creating a Json Web Token and working through all of the fundamental steps of storing and sending this token. We ensured proper authentication and authorization access rights and created a Json Web Token based user session meeting the highest level of our applications needs.
- Involved in daily SCRUM meetings with teams and upper management to delegate tasks and speak on our progress throughout various stages of the application.
- Tracking and updating this progress in JIRA was strongly enforced.
- Communication was held via our Slack channel.
Confidential, New York, NY
Web Developer - Full Stack
- The application was already standing upon my onboarding, as a well flushed out React application.
- Based on the business needs given to me by upper management. I worked within my local React Application, implementing React Bootstrap to give multiple renditions to my team lead of my components ideas to meet these needs.
- Our existing Node/Express/PostgreSQL backend database structure was interacted with to create new option to a user’s profile.
- For example were able to set new options to logout functionality times. Based on our field studies users were logged out to fast before being able to get their debit or credit cards to be imputed to profile.
- We daily would meet for meetings to share the day’s workflow and tasks by communicating and sharing our work with Slack and Skype conference calls with our team across many states and time zones.
- We consistently used JIRA to update at the moment different stages of completion across the project.
- We all had our own local versions shared by Github and were pushed by team lead to commit at three different points of the day and make sure before moving on no merge conflicts existed.
- Bug fix, QA, problem solve.
Confidential, New York, NY
Technologies Used: Wireframes/Mockups, Github, Sublime, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Bash Shell, Crud, SQLite3, PostgreSQL, Bug fix, QA, Heroku, AWS
- Our main internal application that we were working to bring to market was built with Ruby and Ruby on Rails and we were pushed to use Sublime Text Editor 3.
- We chose this environment because we found it easier to start a full CRUD environment just with Bash command line commands. And our applications needs were mainly functionality to CREATE,READ,UPDATE,DELETE.
- Our SQLite3 default database was switched to PostgreSQL for better hosting when the time came. We also found it better for creating profiles with the “CREATE USER” statement is a PostgreSQL extension.
- We were responsible for our own bug fix, QA, and problem solving.
- We worked on an internal ticket system to our IT Support team if any bugs were unresolved.
- We used Heroku hosting to host local version before moving to our main AWS hosting platform.
- Daily I created wireframes/mockups and presented them to my managers and higher ups as part of our workflow process in order to gain approval for my ideas to start being brought into production stages.
- Working alongside my managers daily and interacting throughout every stage. Allowed us to seamlessly be able to move from task to task and we shared all of the necessary information in Github.
Confidential, New York, NY
Junior Web Developer
- My team and I daily would partake in full staff meetings, which would consist of every member of the office.
- My main duty was developing new components to our webpage for our users to receive up to date information across our two companies web pages
- I was working alongside the team to create forum style articles to be hosted to our website for users to gain their desired information.
- We also implemented local JSON files to act as receiving backend data and used some JQuery in functionality.
- Working also with our BA we would daily update any local business’s profile and set up functionality to eventually bring into practice the ability for the client to update their info and push for it to be reviewed and hosted.