- 9+ Years of experience in IT industry with administering, enterprise support and implementation of WebLogic, WebCenter, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat Application servers.
- Good experience in WebLogic Application Server 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, Tomcat 5.x, Apache 2.x administration under different environments like Unix/Linux, Windows,J2EE/JBOSS technologies (interactive, web services, database, mid - range, analytics, reporting, etc.).
- Enterprise Monitoring Techniques and Practices - ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Splunk, REST API Design - Design Patterns - Linux, Unix Shell Scripting - Web application development techniques, HA Design/Architecture principles working in a DevOps Culture.
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Experience in working as DevOps engineer for release automation of enterprise applications to achieve Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI and CD).
- Experience in setting up the build and deployment infrastructure using Jenkins, Ansible, Hudson, ANTscripts and Maven.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience in working with continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Experience in Build Automation using Maven and Ant scripts.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms - ServiceNow and Amazon AWS.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in Amazon AWS S3
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Responsible for building/deploying Java, Oracle ADF to various environments using Jenkins and ANTscripts, Shell scripts.
- Experience in scheduling the deployment profile creation process using ANT scripts and Cron jobs
- Experience in release management of enterprise web applications using J2EE and Java related technologies.
- Build and Deployment of CI/CD Pipelines. Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Hands on experience in installing and configuring JBoss AS 5.1/6.0/7.x/8.x, IBM WAS 5.x/6.x, Tomcat 5.x/6.x,Apache 2.x Web-server, IIS 6.X, Sun Java System Web-server and IBM HTTP server.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and support of WebCenter Sites.
- Hands-on experience on virtualization software like VMware and Oracle VM Virtual Box.
- Excellent working knowledge in using multiple domains with machines, node managers, managed servers and clustered environments in WebLogic/JBoss/WebSphere application servers.
- Developed shell scripts for administering application servers.
- Deployed Clustered Environments on (Single and Multi Box) using different application server for vertical and horizontal clustering.
- Deployed different WAR, EAR, JAR, J2EE applications in clustered environment and on manage servers using various deploying tools like WLST, Console, WebLogic Deployer.
- Good experience in Middleware services like JMS, JDBC and implemented other services like JNDI, SNMP
- Experience in resolving the issues including Network components like BIG IP, Firewalls and Siteminder, Dynect (DNS Failover over WAN)
- Involved in configuring the security plug-in/Custom Security providers for Weblogicresource protection
- Developed WLST scripts for application server administration to start, monitor and stop.
- Configured and administered JMS Connection factories, JMS Queues, Topics, Distributed Queues and Distributed Topics along with JDBC Connection pools with databases like Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MS Access, My SQL and DB2.
- Experience in migrating the WebLogic/JBoss servers from development to stage and stage to production.
- Experienced in configuring IBM MQ Series as a foreign JMS with WebLogic Server.
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application Database and WebLogic.
- Experience in installing, configuring, administering and managing IIS web server and web sites.
- Experience with Apache Webserver 2.2/2.3 and 2.4, Tomcat 6.x/7.x/8.x.
- Installed and configured Tomcat application server with Apache HTTP Web Server in development, QA, UAT, Pre-Production environments.
- Knowledge of Jboss Messaging Persistence Manager.
- Experience in configuring WebSphere resources like JVM Custom Properties and Java Mail sessions.
- Experience in deploying EJB components of IBM WAS on Linux/AIX environment.
- Good knowledge of JAVA, JDBC, JMS, EJB, Servlets.
- Handled production incidents, queries, problems through remedy ticketing system and non -production issues/tasks/incidents through JIRA ticketing system.
- Actively involved in playing a key role in Level based support (L1/L2/L3) as a L2 Support Engineer interacting with command center/Helpdesk L1 teams and Developers/Architects/SME from L3 Support.
- Good experience in handling load balancing, failover functionality and high availability.
- Resolved issues related to WebLogic products by communicating with Oracle.
- Excellent in analyzing, performance tuning including troubleshooting, monitoring and maintaining WebLogic/JBoss situations and solving the related problems.
- Handled Memory issues, application leak or WebLogic leak or sun java bug by tuning and profiling the memory with third party tools.
- Lightweight virtualization with Linux Containers and Docker.
- Provided support for WebCenter Sites.
- Experience in Web Security tools- LDAP Server, SSL Certificates.
Application Servers: WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, JBoss AS 5.1/6.0/7.x/8.x, IBM WAS 5.x/6.x, Tomcat 5.x/6.x
Web Servers: Apache 2.x, Sun Java System, IIS 6.x/7.x, IBM HTTP server
Web Management: Oracle WebCenter Sites
Operating Systems: Unix, Redhat Linux, Solaris, Windows, AIX
Databases: Oracle, DB2, My SQL, MS Access
Programming Languages: C, Core Java, SQL
Java Technologies: JMS, JDBC, EJB, Servlets, JSP, JNDI, ODBC, JTA, XML,Hibernate, Spring
DevOps Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Hudson/Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Nexus, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Salt-Stack, Jabbix, NagiOS, Kubernates, JUnitArtifactory, VM-ware.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy
Tools:: JProbe, App Dynamics, Wily Introscope 6.x/7.x, Netscape, Subversion, CVS.
Cloud Technologies: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Cloud watch
Scripting Languages: Shell script, WLST, Bash script, ANT, WL Shell
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, HTTPS, T3, T3S, LDAP
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Roles & Responsibilities
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Responsible for creating multi-region, multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11g/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured Weblogic domain
- Determined and suggested hardware and software specific to the System and customized as per the requirements.
- Configured Node Manager for running managed servers
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0, Tomcat 6.0, IIS 6 and Sun One Web Servers in various environments.
- Installed and configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request for WebLogic server.
- Experience in analyzing the proxy server log in comparison with WebLogic logs to narrow down the malformed request.
- Performed migration and upgraded WebLogic server 9.x to WebLogic 10.x/11x and to the recent version12c.
- Installation and configuration of Puppet infrastructure.
- Updated JDK’s and installed service packs and patches for WebLogic Server.
- Worked on Oracle Fusion 11g architecture making most of the investment in applications.
- Also installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used Devops, Ansible and Gerrit
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode.
- Using Python Scripting in DevOps users to model and manage the entire application from load balancers to database.
- Experience in Batch-Scripting for automating and reducing the time taken for everyday tasks.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins and DevOps based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Nagios to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in various components including applications, services, servers and network protocols.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications (WAR, JAR, RAR, EAR) on managed servers and cluster environment, maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Created bash and ksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs for timely running programs.
- Configured JNDI as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBCdata source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection pools/multi pools/ data sources on WebLogic server.
- Also responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test products such as Apache Server.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo & JIRA.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Installing of HTTP plugins for Apache, iPlanet and Microsoft IIS.
- Used ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Involved in monitoring error logs, troubleshooting and fixing the problems.
- Handled Memory issues, such as application leak, WebLogic leak and sun java bug by tuning and profiling memory with third party tools.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption
- Configured LDAP server using Sun One Directory server for user authentication
- Configure Siteminder with Web servers.
- Configure F5load balancer with Web servers. Used F5 to capacity, performance and reliability of the applications
- Used OIM for access management, directory services, decision making and strengthening security
- Develop and run UNIX shell scripts and implemented auto deployment process.
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang
- Set up Wily for monitoring, notification, root cause analysis and data reporting
- Performance monitoring and JVM Heap size and EJB monitoring using Wily Introscope and Load testing using Mercury Load Runner and Jmeter with Thread and Heap analysis Using Samuraithread dump
- Used Subversion (SVN) to maintain present and historical source code versions and documentation.
- Used Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Used HP OpenView for managing applications, network conditions and status across the platform
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application and WebLogic server.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic Server and resolved complex issues
- Involved in a team to design a strategy and well organized planning in data center migration using TDS.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 10.x/11g/12c, JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JRockit 8.1, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0/6.1, Sun One/ iPlanet, IIS 6, DevOps, Solaris 8,9, Red Hat LINUX, Windows 2003, F5 Load balancer, Siteminder, Nagios, JMX, Oracle 8i/9i, JDBC, LDAP, subversion, EJB, JSP, Servlets, XML,MS Office, OpenSSL, Secure SSH.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Roles & Responsibilities
- Installed, Configured & Administered WebLogic Server 11g/12c, WebCenter Sites,Apache 2.2 in Linux and Sun Solaris environments.
- Created and monitored multiple domains with multiple manage servers, machines, Node manager and cluster environment.
- Configured Clustering of EJB objects, JDBC connections and JMS connection factories.
- Configured and created JMS servers with various JMS Modules like Queues, Topics, Connection Factories, and Distributed Queues and Distributed topics.
- Configured and monitored Data sources for different manage servers in clustered environment.
- Configured and established connection to file stores and JDBC stores.
- Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor all databases centrally.
- Deployed various WAR, JAR, EAR, J2EE applications on clustered environment using WLST and GUI.
- Involved in configuring and maintaining Collabnet Subversion for version control.
- Managed and monitored server instances and automation using WLST.
- Configured web server plug-ins Apache 2.2 for WebLogic application servers.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache 2.2 / 2.3 and Apache Tomcat 6.0 / 7.0 on Linux.
- Migrated WebLogic server applications from 9.2/10.0 to 11g/12c.
- Installed patches to applications and Weblogic application servers.
- Played an actively role resolving the environment issues, handling Incident management/ Problem management being part Level 2 Support team.
- Wrote Shell scripts and to automate routine tasks like log parsing, auditing and patch audits
- Strong production support experience with issue management, outage management, root cause analysis, monitoring and resolving the issues.
- Involved in support for production environment and WebLogic server hanging and server crash issues.
- Involved in tuning the heap size parameters and JVM's Garbage collector for WebLogic application servers.
- Involved in providing support for troubleshooting WebCenter Sites.
- Actively participated in team meetings for day-to-day reporting and status reporting.
- Performed QA, Integration, Staging & Production releases of application packages, server and application configuration changes and patches to the middleware components.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic server 11g/12c, Webcenter sites, Apache 2.2, Sun One Web- server, Linux, Sun Solaris, Infor ERP systems, Subversion, JDBC Connection pool and data sources, EJB, JMS, JNDI, JDK 1.5/1.6, Wily Introscope 6.0, WLST, LDAP, ANT.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Roles & Responsibilities
- Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Maintenance of WebLogic Server 8.1 sp6, WebLogic11g, SOA11g, OSB11g and Apache.
- Configure and tune WebLogic domains/applications for performance, scalability and reliability.
- Perform On-call support of production WebLogic application infrastructure.
- Provided support to Production, Staging, QA, Development environments for code deployments, changes and general support.
- Deploy SOA Composite application/services and worked on IIS Administration.
- Involved in the migration of WLS from 8.1 to 10.3.3 and SOA Suite 11g.
- Configuration and Administration of OSB, OBAM and Oracle SOA Suite 11g and its components.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune (OSB) Oracle Service Bus, Oracle SOA Suite 11g components.
- Configured and tuning JDBC Connection pools, JMS configurations and JVM tuning.
- Configured Security authenticators, managed security realms, users and groups.
- Maintained clustered environment for various projects.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, and OEM12c Cloud Control.
- Worked on various deployment tools such as Jenkins.
- Work closely with vendors to facilitate appropriate changes when needed.
- Identifying root causes for the outages and apply appropriate fixes.
- Deploying applications to various production environment using deployment tools.
- Involved in 24/7 On-call support for production environment and UAT environment
- Configuring SSL in Apache and WebLogic servers.
- Automated various tasks using Shell scripts and WLST scripts .e.g. OSB export and import scripts, SOA application deployment scripts, WebLogic Deployment scripts.
- Monitoring of the environment using Wily, Site scope and Topaz.
- Work closely with the Linux team to set up the load balancer for the WebLogic/SOA/OSB domains.
- Provided Root Cause Analysis documents for various middleware issues.
- Document backup and DR procedures, logs retention policies, domain build process, SOA/OSB/WLS installation and verification steps, file system and directory layout.
- Work closely with DBA in creating SOA 11g schemas using RCU tool and implementation of SOA purge scripts.
Environment: Solaris 2.8/5.8, Red Hat 6.4.x WebLogic Server 10.2/11g, App Dynamics, WLI 8.1, OSB11g, SOA11g, Apache 2.2, F5 Big-IP Load balancer.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Roles & Responsibilities
- Installed, configured and administered BEA WebLogic 9.x/10.x, Microsoft IIS6.0, Apache 2.0/2.2 web servers in Sun Solaris 8 and Sun Solaris 10
- Managed IIS 6.0 Web servers and hosted web sites by creating and configuring new internal and external websites (HTTP and HTTPS)
- Managed website content, application release management and heath check of the IIS web servers
- Configured WebLogic server with Oracle 9i/10g database
- Created security roles, user authentication, authorization and group policies
- Configured single cluster, multiple clusters and deployment in clustered environment
- Configured and monitored JMS (Queues, Topics, Distributed Destinations, Connection factories and Bridge Destinations), JDBC Connection pools, JNDI
- Deployed different types of applications on manage servers using admin console and WLST
- Configured node manager to administer manage servers and established SSL communication between admin server and node manager
- Developed Startup, Shutdown and bounce the WebLogic server scripts
- Handled production incidents, queries, problems through remedy ticketing system and non-production issues/tasks/incidents through JIRA ticketing systems
- Interfaced with helpdesk L1 teams to author the runbooks needed to resolve simple production issues and user queries
- Actively involved in discussion with L3 team for permanent resolutions, rearchitecture and redesign of applications
- Developed Shell and WLST scripts to handle complex automation
- Dealt with issues like Application Deadlock, High CPU, Server Hang-up and profiling the memory with third party tools like JProbe, HP OVO
- Involved in investigating WebLogicServer Hang Application Deadlock
- Configured LDAP using Netscape directory Server for user authentication
- Involved in troubleshooting multicast issues using WebLogic Java Utility Multicast Test
- Worked on External LDAP Server, SSL Certificates and client authentication
- Provided support in maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues by interacting with vendors for better performance.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Application Server 9.2/10.3, Microsoft IIS6.0, Apache 2.0/2.2 web servers, Sun Solaris 8, Sun Solaris 10, Oracle 9i/10g, WLST, JDK 1.4, JDBC, JMS, Servlets, JProbe, LDAP server, Netscape, JNDI, SSL, F5 Load Balancer, WinSCP, Siteminder.
Confidential, Lebanon, TN
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installed, Configured and Administered BEA WebLogic Application Servers 6.x/7.x/8.x and Apache Web-server on Microsoft Windows 2000, 2003 Server Platforms
- Installed and configured Jboss Application servers for development, QA and production systems
- Used configuration wizard and configuration builder extensively to create and manage WebLogic/JBoss domains
- Involved in setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic/JBossServer
- Configured Node manager to administer the Managed servers
- Configured JDBC connection pools and data sources for the applications
- Configured JMS Connection factories and Queues for messaging applications
- Provided complete migration support in WebLogic Server 6.x 8.x
- Involved in WebLogic/JBoss server performance testing and analyzing performance metrics
- Deployment of various application packages including JAR, WAR, EAR, RARand properties using custom scripts in development
- Deployed applications from Admin Console of JbossEap 5.1 as well as done the hot deployment
- Tuned OS parameters like Swap and virtual Memory settings to improve the Jboss performance
- Installed, Configured and used Hermes JMS to interact with WebLogic JMS providers, discover WebLogic queues and topics, copy/delete messages, and drop XMLs in WebLogicJMS queues and IBM MQ queues
- Involved in WebLogic/JBoss Cluster configuration for Load Balancing and Failover conditions
- Secured the WebLogic/JBoss system resources like JDBC, JNDI, JMS by defining security policies and by configuring custom security authorization providers
- Created bash and korn shell scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, monitor number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs
- Actively involved in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication
- Created the Data Source, Connection Pool and test the Connection to connecting the DB or not
- Created scripts to deploy applications from command line and automate log archiving
- Involved in working closely with BEA to resolve products issues/bugs and acquired patches for the same
- Administered performance tuning capabilities in solving environmental/configuration issues that customers have in web server plug-ins, Cluster setups, JMS Bridge configurations, Connection Pools setup etc., these involve third party products interaction with the WebLogic/JBoss Servers
Environment: BEAWebLogic Application Server 6.x/7.x/8.x,JBoss 5.x, Apache web server, Microsoft 2000/2003, JMS (Bridge Configurations, Queues, Topics, Connection Factories), Hermes JMS, JDBC Connection Pool and Data sources, JNDI, F5 Load Balancer