- Coordinated and led all 8 AEM teams at Confidential and created company - wide standards for web architecture. Led Confidential ’s company-wide migration to new AEM version.
- Developed the architecture for HPE’s E-commerce system, and for >10 other companies.
- Designed physical architecture, site & repository structure, page templates & components, taxonomy, & 3rd party integrations.
- Built the initial stage of worldwide video asset system for Confidential .
- Built websites for leading companies in the finance, medical, software, retail, automotive, travel, and communication industries, and the United Nations. Linked all sites with the latest AEM technology.
- Consistently created architecture for content management systems which gave users a single point of contact and enabled them to seamlessly navigate sites. Standardized and optimized company-wide UIs. Generated user stories in most projects.
- Managed distributed teams of architects and content developers for 5 years, and taught junior people AEM. Used Agile in most projects. Managed teams in the U.S., India, China, Russia, Belarus, Mexico, and South America. Managed Web architecture projects from inception to end, including requirements gathering, scoping, risk analysis, scheduling, QA coordination, and stakeholder management.
- Interfaced with executives and managers, presented project plans to them, and consistently provided clear and comprehensive documentation about projects. Spoke in front of large groups. Implemented POCs that showcased AEM solutions to partners in successful pre-sales efforts. Volunteered as the PR specialist for a nonprofit.
- Web Architecture Web Content Management AEM/CQ Site & Repository Structure Design
- Project Management People Management Mentoring Cross - functional Management
- Dispatcher Java JEE JSP Servlets Source Control (GIT/Stash, SVN)
- Agile Waterfall Jira Jenkins Confluence Slack Hip Chat
- Established coordination between all of Confidential ’s 8 AEM teams.
- Analyzed their projects, synthesized best practices, and created model for web architecture and development (including news and employment websites) which all teams use, which adapts to their customizations.
- Extended the communication processes and model to asset management, document management, legal, and newsroom.
- Saved developers time by making code reusable and eliminating redundancies between teams.
Senior Technical Architect
- Led development and deployment of architecture that enabled all of Confidential to use the same video and image assets in a common inventory system all of its internal websites, with >10 TB of data (with many digital assets and a lot of video).
- Built inventory catalog system for managing digital assets, which enabled all teams to reuse them.
- Migrated the entire company from outdated AEM to a new system. Upgraded many systems to the new AEM, and led migration of several terabytes of data.
- Created front-end design that gave all internal web pages the same branding.
- Enabled HPE’s E-commerce product information system to work with Confidential architecture for Hybris—modified Confidential ’s architecture, and finished the company-wide project within 3 months.
- Subsequently replaced HPE’s E-commerce system with Hybris and enabled it to work with AEM in 2 weeks. Managed AEM team in China.
- Played key part in the second development phase for Whirlpool’s AEM, enabling company to manage its brands (including high-profile products such as Maytag). Added Whirlpool sister sites into existing AEM-Hybris site infrastructure (KitchenAid and Afresh). Also enhanced the architecture, including caching.
- Designed and developed custom AEM E-commerce components and DAM enhancements which enabled retrieval and display of product data on all sites.
- Partnered with and led offshore team to revamp the architecture of Confidential ’s internal Hybris AEM interface for all clients worldwide. Improved caching and performance, and enabled easy importing of data for all clients around the world.
- Developed video asset system that enabled users to obtain videos, upload them within AEM 6.1, and convert to many formats.
- Reduced processing needs in video format conversions by designing architecture that enabled offloading of tasks to other AEM systems and returning to original AEM.
- Researched HTML 5, FFMPEG, and AEM solutions to build the video asset management system.
- Created custom workflow process for offloading and processing Confidential ’s video resources.
- Played key part in building out the external employment website (the old site was in HTML), and brought it under the AEM infrastructure within 3 months. Designed and implemented reusable AEM custom components in Java, Sightly, and OSGI technologies. Implemented custom DAM asset workflow that enabled the use of the same assets to display images on many devices.
- Enabled Fossil to enter the E-commerce space for its watches by leading the design of the infrastructure for new AEM 6.1 system. Migrated all internal teams’ E-commerce data onto site, and managed migration of the Skagen site from AEM 5.61 to AEM 6.1.
- Developed efficient caching system for Fossil, which enabled management of pages and resources between AEM and Akami. Also partnered with Sirius team to design and manage integration with Hybris backend used to import product information and display it in AEM on sites’ product pages.
- Developed AEM interface for Fossil which communicated with translation systems for Chinese websites. Established the workflow for putting page into all sites, sending pages to translator, and sending pages back to AEM.
- Led the migration of Kelley Blue Book’s old MS Active X-based website to AEM; provided the online environment for its authors. Saved developers time by building page templates which eliminated the need for them to interact with authors. Also created the interface between video management software and AEM.
- Led migration of Toyota Challenge (a sub-site of Kelley Blue Book) from MS Active X site to AEM infrastructure.
- Developed a functionality that enabled Kelley Blue Book to post only selected comments from users—eliminated the need for third-party vendor to manage the process.
- Enabled Polycom to generate more sales by creating a customizable table component for all products in its website. Also designed and implemented OSGi module that imported product data into AEM.
- Designed and implemented corporate web infrastructure for Pioneer Investments, which included 70 websites (in many regions and languages). Enabled all sites to be managed through AEM multisite manager; designed integration with ADS, LDAP, and AEM to personalize content for customers.
- Created the interface between Pearson Assessments’ indexing system (Solar) and the AEM system. Indexed thousands of pages, speeding up access for all users.
- Formed a disaster recovery plan for Thompson Reuters, and coordinated with team to implement plan for the first phase, and the development roadmap for later phases.
- Developed web architecture for Stryker and MVP.
- Played key part in creating presales demos for Virtusa, which helped it land clients in the healthcare and medical products industries.