- 8 years of work experience in IT industry including Linux System Administration, Build/Release management, Amazon Web Services and DevOps.
- Extensive understanding of the principles and practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity and Build Forge.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins and Hudson. Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Experience in writing build scripts using ANT, MAVEN.
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging and tagging through GIT and Subversion.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management)
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Skilled in administering and automation using Chef.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experience in working with F5 load balancer, ELB, Web Logic Application Server Clustering.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.)
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Extensive experience working on the monitoring of the servers using tools such as Nagios, Splunk.
- Utilized PowerShell and Python scripts to perform administrative tasks.
- Experience in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2, EBS, VPC, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, Route53, ELB, IAM.
- Experience in writing SQL scripts for Oracle 10g, 11g and SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with JIRA for Project Planning/Management.
- Worked on setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Experience in working with code repositories like TFS and automation of configuration management tasks.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis in Designing, Developing, Implementation, Deployment and Support of distributed enterprise scalable, secure and transactional J2EE applications.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, and RedHat Linux.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, and Bamboo
Database: MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and MySQL
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, vagrant, Docker and Puppet
Configuration Integration Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, and Bamboo
Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center 8.2, Bugzilla, TFS, and JIRA
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef Server.
- Involved in managing cloud computing tool AWS using the AWS console and AWS CLI
- Experience in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Highly involved in Configuring and monitoring distributed and multi - platform servers using Chef.
- Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Created cloud stacks using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Development of Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Setup different environments for build, (Development, Test, Pre-production and Production).
- Worked with Development Team Leads and testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
- Experience in creating, maintaining and cleanup the containers on Vagrant and Docker.
- Used MAVEN for building the applications and developing the build scripts.
- Responsible for the Parent Pom.xml which will be inherited by 120 different applications.
- Setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, GIT, Junit, MAVEN and ANT.
- Deployed Core OS Kubernets Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files
- Installed and Configured Jenkins, TFS and Cruise control for CI/Automation of Build and Release activities. Responsible for Upgrading, administering, plugin management, User Management and Job creation in Jenkins.
- Wrote Shell and Python scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking off WSADMIN scripts or admin console deployments
- Performed database deployment activities like execution of Database scripts
- Used JIRA for monitoring the work and Change Management.
- Migrating and tuning of TFS server and administrated builds.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also, gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos and kubernets.
- Worked in an Agile environment with 2-week sprints.
- Integrated JIRA with GIT Repositories to work with pre-commit and post-commit hooks.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS. Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements. Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Design and developed business logic using C# and VB.Net, Developed system services SOA applications for web utilizing .net services.
- Integrated Bamboo with GitHub repository and Maven build tool and created different environments like Dev, QA, Stage, Prod on Bamboo.
- Involved in migrating the architecture from regular VM’s to AWS Cloud Management.
- Implemented SonarQube for generating code coverage with Checkstyle, PMD, Find bugs and Jacoco plugins.
Environment: UBUNTU, Linux, AWS, Docker, Jenkins, TFS, Kubernets, Chef, Bamboo, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, GIT, Shell scripting and Python scripting.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Involved in maintaining user accounts (IAM), SQS, SNS Services on AWS cloud.
- Designed puppet modules to manage configurations and automate install process.
- Supported both Java and .NET development teams/environments.
- Automated deployment modules of IIS web applications, bindings and configuration settings using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Puppet.
- Extensive experience in implementing Continuous integration systems for Java based projects using Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Hudson.
- Deployed Kubernets Cluster on cloud/on-premises environments with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services like pods, deployments, auto scaling, load balancers, labels, Namespaces, Config Map, etc.
- Design and Implement WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure. This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS)
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Used Kubernets to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Responsible for Open stack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems and developer tools.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Building, testing, packaging, dockerizing and socializing across the team.
- Implemented Docker based Continues Integration and Deployment framework.
- Involved in Migration activities from IBM Clearcase to Subversion.
- Created puppet automation with multiple modules as per component like Kafka, Zookeepers, MySQL, Logstash, HTTP collectors & Schema registry to install & configure EC2 instances to create/update Kafka cluster.
- Experience with version control tools like GIT and integrated build process with Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in automating builds and deployment process using Shell scripting.
- Utilize Cloud formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Coordinated Kafka operational and monitoring (via JMX) with DevOps personnel. formulated balancing leadership strategies and impact of producer and consumer message(topic) consumption to prevent overruns
- Installed and configured LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) for different applications.
- Build and Administered the Bamboo Continuous Integration servers.
- Setting up cron schedules for backups and monitoring processes.
- Diagnosing and resolving systems related tasks in accordance with priorities setup in dealing with trouble tickets.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on WebSphere, Tomcat, Weblogic application servers Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Demonstrated expertise in configuring, managing and troubleshooting variations of DNS, IP and Networking.
- Monitored and maintained for continuous integration and nightly builds.
- Monitoring the health of the servers through Monitoring Tools.
- Implemented Policy Stores to utilize Sun ONE Directory Server (LDAP) as the user and policy repository on Linux.
- Maintenance of source-code repository through SVN and Deployment code through GIT repository.
- Creation and maintenance of Release documentation in co-ordination with DEV/Testing Teams and Business.
- Work with Site to create and publish a quality release plan/schedule for multiple releases.
- Co-ordinate with Site and other involved Teams during outage
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Kubernets, Docker, Maven, Ant, VMware, Git, Shell, Python, and RedHat Linux.
- Part of excellent team whose primary goal is to implement Release/Build as a practice across the Organization covering around 30 projects.
- My Responsibilities include Searching, Learning, Training and Documenting on new DevOps tools which would fit in our current Eco-System.
- Handle escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure IaaS platform.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Have done various POCs to explain and demonstrate the possibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Developed Jenkins Plugins which integrates our In-house tools with Jenkins.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) from Jfrog Arti factory are deployed into a Apache Tomcat app server using PowerShell Scripts.
- Implemented E2E pipeline in Jenkins which would do the below activities:
- Poll the SCM for new Commits. (SCM- TFS, SVN etc.)
- Build the code using build tools. (Maven, Ant, MSbuild etc.).
- Do static Code Analysis using SonarQube.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
Environment: TFS, CI/CD, Hudson, SCM, Docker, Maven, Ant, VMware, QA, and SonarQube, Jenkins.
- Responsibility for cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines.
- Responsibility for conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components.
- Lead of a small project team.
- Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work
- Experience in team project in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction, and liaising with construction and installation
- Knowledge to verify/review right of way requirements, conductor sags/tensions, transmission line plan and profile drawings and construction documents
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost estimates
- Experience with scheduling
Environment: Troubleshooting, Installation, Modification, Implement, Monitor, Read and Record data, NESCASCE and IEEE standards necessary to design transmission lines.
- Responsible for installation of BTS equipment
- Experience in Radio installation
- Have worked with Fibber optic connections and Fibber Optic testing
- Have the knowledge in identifying RFDS elements and implementation on the ground
- Experience in troubleshooting with the tower crews
- Skilled in installation of power conduits
- Have energizing BTS equipment
- Experience in Software and Firmware updates
- Knowledge in: Call testing, Speed testing, Drive testing, Bench-marking
Environment: Radio systems and sub-system implementation, Drive Testing, Call Testing, RFDS, BTS, Fiber.