- 7+Years of IT industry experience with focus on Middleware Systems Engineer/Oracle WebLogic ServerAdministration.
- Extensive experience in handling all the aspects of Installation, Configuration and Administration of OracleWebLogic Server versions 8.x./9.x/10.x/11g/12c on Windows, Red Hat LINUX and SUN Solaris operating systems.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting, Load Balancing, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Middleware Performance Tuning and Maintenance of Applicationsand Web servers.
- Extensive experience in setting up MultipleDomains, Configuring, Monitoring, AdministeringAdminServers, Managed Servers, and NodeManager.
- Used WLST to administer and monitor WebLogic Application Server, Performed regular performance tuning and monitoring in WLST.
- Proficient in Shell Scripting and Performance Tuning of UNIX systems with proven skills in UNIX System Administration.
- Well - versed in defining and configuring Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications and EJB’s.
- Configured Virtual Hosts and Work Managers in WebLogic server to manage resources.
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Experience in Administration / Maintenance of source control management systems such as GitHub and Subversion SVN .
- Experience in setting up the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD) for Release Automation of Java and Oracle Fusion Middleware Applications (Oracle ADF, Oracle SOA, OSB)
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience in working with ANT Scripts, MAVEN for deployment and running test suites for various firm wide applications
- Well versed with deployment of J2EE applications such as WAR, JAR, EAR, and RAR in clustered environment using Adminconsole, Shell scripts & WLST scripts.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from between various version control systems like SVN to Git.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins and Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites
- Experience in working with Software Configuration Management tools - Puppet and Chef
- Expertise in the Administration, Installing, Configuring Servers like Apache 2.0, JBoss 5.0, Tomcat 6/7/8.
- Strongly experienced in the Installation, Configuration and Administration of JBoss Application Server versions 5.x/6.x/7.x.
- Extensive experience in Installing and Monitoring performance parameters through JON 2.4 and JConsole for Jboss.
- Experience in configuring and administering JDBC resources (DataSources, connection pools), JMS resources (Queue, Topic, connection factory) in WebLogic and JBoss.
- Excellent working experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes and Garbage Collector Parameters during performance monitoring and performance tuning of WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Proficient in analyzing Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs and Plug-in logs for troubleshooting and problem determination to resolve issues.
- Created and modified the existing ANT scripts, creation of custom tasks definitions, dependent targets, targets for multiple environments
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tool
- Strongly experienced in the installation, configuration and administration of Apache 2.0 HTTPWeb Server, and Tomcat 6/7/8.
- Extensive Experience in creating and configuring Clustered environments to maintain load balancing and high availability of applications on Oracle WebLogic Server/Tomcat/JBoss.
- Experience in collecting Thread Dump, Heap Dump and analyzing them by coordinating with development team.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration and deployment of virtual servers through VMWare.
- Experienced in Web Security, Open SSL, SSO, SOAP, SAML 1.1 and Monitoring Tools. Packet traces using Ethereal/Wireshark or equivalent TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Good Experience with Protocols and Utilities like TCP/IP and HTTP/HTTPS.
- Working experience on different Databases like Oracle, DB2, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Experience in 24/7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to OracleWebLogic, Apache, Tomcat and JBoss servers.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
Middleware: Oracle WebLogic Application Server 8.x./9.x/10.x/11g/12c, Apache-HTTP Server 2.0/2.2/5.x, Apache Tomcat 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x/6.x Oracle RAC, Sun One Webserver 6.x (iPlanet 6.0), MS IIS server 4.x/5.1/6.0, IBM MQ-series, MySQL
Programming Languages: C++, SQL, PL-SQL, Java
UNIX, Solaris, Red Hat LINUX, HP: UX, Unix-AIXWindows 98/2000/NT/XP/VISTA.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB and Applets.
Web Technologies: JDK 1.4/5/6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX, Eclipse.
Performance Monitoring & Testing Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, JProbe, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, Oracle Identity Management, RSA Access Manager and Identity Manager, TDA, Sitescope
Scripting Languages: WLST, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), LINUX, Perl Scripting, PHP Scripting, ANT Scripts.
Packages: JDK 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/6 , JSDK 2.0, J2EE
IDE s/Utilities: Eclipse, Oracle WebLogic Workshop, MS Visual Studio 2005, SSH, OpenSSL, Putty, and WLST.
Database: Pointbase, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/10.x, MS SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access and DB2.
Networking &Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, SSL, IDM 6.0 and 7.0
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, AWS, Amazon EC2
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Version Controlling Tools: Subversion, Perforce, GIT,CVS
Other Tools: Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, MS Office.
Sr. Middleware Weblogic administrator/Devops Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases.
- Worked with the Amazon AWS EC2, S3, Glacier, IAM and VPC services
- Responsible for operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud and public cloud.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3 using S3 CLI tools
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Set up the Jenkins CI/CD process for over 60+ applications and Jenkins master slaves for the entire CI/CD infrastructure
- Experience in maintaining, executing, and scheduling build scripts to automate DEV/QA/UAT builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Java based applications using custom ANT Scripts
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, MAVEN.
- Deployed JAR, WAR & EAR files in Weblogic 11g/12c, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1/5.1.0/6.2/6.4 and SJSAS 9.1 application servers hosting clustered environments.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds
- Created Jython and Weblogic WLST scripts to automate the deployment process
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications.
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Worked on extending the Python WLST scripts for WebLogic server.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Worked with SVN and GIT version controls.
- Setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases.
- Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Managing the database DDL, DML scripts in SVN and GIT.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon WebServices.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts.
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment and CentOS for the POC environment
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in multiple environments.
- Experience in creating users, groups and roles in LDAP server
- Experience in writing the re-write rules in Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0
- Setup the JMS and JNDI on the WebLogic servers
- Created multiple Python, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks
- Experience in working with various authentication providers in the Weblogic application server environment
Environment: Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, AWS, OpenStack, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Chef, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Sonar, UNIX, JIRA, Ansible, Jython, GIT, Jython.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Sr.Middlware weblogic admin / DevOps Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures using agile/scrum.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies for different parallel development teams
- Designed and implemented Subversion and CVS metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/CVS.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins and Hudson for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Configured JDBC and JMS Queues in Weblogic 9.2/10.3/11g/12c, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1 EAP.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Coordinated the Development Team, QC and Application Support in Deploying the Code to the right System Test Environment using Hudson Tool.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the CD
- Involved in Development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GITHub.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring SVN repositories.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Integrated Eclipse with Selenium Server for doing the automated smoke testing of the application standalone URL’s related to deployed package after the build and deployment process.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Clear Case, Clear Quest, UNIX, Junit, Chef, Puppet, Apache, AWS, GIT Hub, SVN, Hudson
Confidential, St.Louis, MO
Sr. Weblogic Administrator/Middleware Administrator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installation, Configuration & Administration of Clustered WebLogic Server 10.x/11.x/12c on Production Environment.
- Creation of WebLogic domains and setting up Admin & Managed servers for JAVA/J2EE applications on test and production environments.
- Installation, configuring and monitoring of JBoss 6.1 servers and integrated SunOne Web Server to work with the Application Server.
- Deployed the EAR, JAR, WAR applications on multiple WebLogic Server Instances and JBoss servers.
- Involved in working with Load balancing/Firewall to achieve failover and high availability.
- Configured JMS resources Queues, Topics, and JDBC connection pools and data sources for WebLogic/JBoss server instances.
- Configuration of Horizontal and Vertical Clusters.
- Created Domain Templates to replicate the environment on new WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Worked with WLST scripts and Shell Scripts to automate frequently done tasks like deployments.
- Experienced in analysis of thread dumps, core dumps, server hang and high CPU utilization conditions in WebLogic and JBoss.
- Optimizing the memory usage by tuning Garbage Collection.
- Monitoring WebLogic/JBoss Server health and security.
- Analyzed Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs and thread dumps for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic/JBoss Application Servers.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 7/8 on Linux.
- Installed and configured HTTP Proxy Plug-ins on Apache Web Server to send traffic to request dynamic content from WebLogic Application servers.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption.
- Configured LDAP using Active Directory for user authentication and authorization.
- Installed, configured and deployed virtual servers through VMWare on Windows environment.
- Installed and configured Jrockit Mission Control (JRMC) in production environment to monitor system critical parameters such as garbage collection, memory leaks, CPU utilization, file/network I/O.
- Responsible for 24x7 production support of mission critical applications running on WebLogic and Apache/Tomcat Middleware.
Environment: WebLogic 10.x/11.x/12c, JBoss 6.1, Apache 2.2, Oracle Jrockit 6, VMware, JDK, J2EE, JDBC, Tomcat 7/8, Red Hat Linux, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installed, configured and administered Oracle/BEA WebLogic Server 8.1/10.0/10.3 in various environments like Development, QA, and Production on Solaris, Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Installed and Configured JBoss Application Server 4.3 GA on Red Hat Linux 5.5.
- Installing Apache Http Server, configuring apache plug in for Weblogic and hosting application using virtual host features in apache.
- Responsible for creating Weblogic domains in Development, QA, Production from scratch.
- Performed process automation via scripting (Perl, shell scripts)
- Involved in migrating the setup from WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x.
- Deployed different types of applications like WAR, JAR and EAR files in Weblogic 8.x/10.x and JBoss 4.3.
- Configured Node manager to administer the Managed servers.
- Setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic Server integrated with multiple workflows.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Multi Pools/Data Sources on WebLogic Server 8.x/10.x.
- Created and Configured WebLogic JMS Servers, JMS Modules and Bridge to provide interoperability between WebLogic JMS and IBM MQ Series.
- Configured and administered Weblogic server with Oracle10g/Oracle RAC database.
- Developed Startup, Shutdown and Bounce scripts using WLST.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts that automate the WebLogic Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc.)
- Developed scripts to monitor JVM Heap Size, JMS Messages in the Destination queues in the production environment.
- Dealt with troubleshooting issues like Server hang, Application Deadlock, Out of Memory Issue, High memory usage and High CPU.
- Provided support for production environments in activities such as load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Configured and managed secured environments using SSL and Digital certificates.
- Installed and Configured Ldap Server and integrated with Weblogic Application Server.
- Worked on Configuring channel secure CA/Netegrity Siteminder with webservers and Weblogic Applications.
- Upgraded all Production and Non Production systems to WebLogic 10.3.3(11g) from WebLogic 8.1 SP2 successfully and installed DST patches.
- Developed Crontab scripts for timely running jobs and provide server status.
- Configured BIG IP F5 Load balancer to provide high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Administrative documentation for Installation/Configuration Procedures for future use.
- Log files analysis such as WebLogic server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs, thread dumps, verbosegc logs for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Maintained documentation of systems configuration, procedures and practices.
- Using Remedy as the trouble ticket and change management tool.
- Worked on coordinating teamwork with the offshore application teams and Operation teams.
- Worked as a Level2/Leve3 Escalation point for any issues regarding with Weblogic for a Very High Visibility Project.
- Co-ordinate with Oracle Support team to solve the issues on time.
- Provided 24/7 on call Production Support.
Environment: Solaris9/10,RHEL4.6/5.2,Windows Server 2003/2008, WebLogic Server 7.x/8.1 SP2/SP6/10.0.0, MP1/11g,Apache 2.0/2.2,Bluestreak,JBoss4.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x, iPlanet/SunOne 4.x/6.x, IIS, JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6, JSP, Servlet, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, IBM MQ Series, HP Site Scope, BMC Remedy, Ant 1.5.1, SQL, XML, BIG IP F5 Load Balancer, Luna, Oracle coherence.
Application Development/Support Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Requirements analysis, design and development.
- Worked on preparing the detailed design document.
- Developed the User Interface using Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets and Front Controller.
- Database design and connectivity done by using JDBC Bridge
- Wrote SQL Queries and PL/SQL procedures for the application.
- Used Eclipse for the development purpose.
- Building and Deployment of WAR, JAR files on test, stage and production servers.
- Involved in tracking and resolving Production issues.
- Configured and maintained WebLogic server with JDBC Connection Pool, JMS, JNDI, SNMP and J2EE Services.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat and Sun ONE (iPlanet) Web Server.
- Troubleshooting, Load balancing, Testing and Code Profiling to measure the performance of the various applications deployed in WebLogic Server.
- Developed many shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebLogic and recover the backed up WebLogic configuration.
Environment: Java 1.4, WebLogic Server 8.1, Apache Tomcat, Sun One, J2EE, Web Services, LDAP, XML, Windows, SQL Server