- QA Automation Engineer with 6 years of extensive experience in software Automation Testing in analyzing, reviewing and understanding Business / Functional requirements and skilled in writing Test Plan , Test Strategy , Test Scripting , creating Test Scenarios. Expertise in developing and executing test cases manually as well as generating automated scripts using Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI and Rest Assured while serving various domains such as Health care, Retail and HRM.
- Expertise in various types of testing like Software Automation Testing and Manual Testing. Extensively worked with SeleniumWebDriver, Grid for testing web applications.
- Good knowledge of Java Development and proven experience in using Java for Automation.
- Designed and created Test Suites using different frameworks like Data driven, keyword driven and hybrid framework for Java based applications.
- Worked Extensively with TestNG Testing Framework. Has implemented cross browser testing and Data driven testing using @parameters and @DataProvider annotations.
- Implemented test automation for handling Popups windows and Alerts using WebDriver and Alert interface class.
- Used AutoIt, WebDriver in automation for Mouse movements, Keystrokes, Window control manipulations and print pop - ups.
- Has ability to perform switch over to elements in iframes using WebDriver.
- Proficient in handling the SSL certificate error using Desired Capabilities in all the web Browsers.
- Ability to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Android, Mac OS.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources in order to feed test data sets into the test scripts.
- Involved in Manual testing &Defect Management using JIRA .
- Created complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from GitHub to regression report generation.
- Experienced in using Forms, tables, links, Keyboard Mouse Events, Uploading Files using Selenium WebDriver, AutoIT.
- Familiarity with one or more high-level programming language such as C, Java.
- Experienced in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, java,Cucumber and TestNG frameworks.
- Proven ability in developing BDD with Cucumber and writing step definitions, features in Gherkin format.
- Knowledge of SoapUI for testing SOAP, RESTful Web services . Used SoapUI assertions to verify the API response.
- Knowledge of Rest Assured Framework to test Restful Web Services including Http GET, POST. Used Basic Authentication for API Security testing.
- Performed Mobile Testing using Appium on Android, IOS platforms. Tested Native, Web Apps on Real Devices and Emulators.
- Ability to connect with the Database to execute SQL statements for validating data in the data table (Database testing).
- Analyzed requirements documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plans,Test Cases and developing Test scripts.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Packages, Collections and much more.
- Expertize in Integration, Functional, Regression, System testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Quick learner and excellent team player.
- Experience with Database queries using TOAD.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in timely manner.
- Experienced in all levels of Testing such as Positive testing, Negative testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black box testing, Browser testing.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools.
- Expertise in Test Case/Test Procedure Design, developing Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing when necessary and recommend certification of software changes for use by location users in the field once the software meets the business requirements.
- Extensive experience in working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Suggested probable risk and risk mitigating strategies along with creative solutions to the management team.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Server, Selenium Grid, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, Gherkin, SoapUI, Rest Assured, Postman, Groovy, QC, Appium, Android, IOS, Appium Desktop
Bug Reporting Tools: JIRA,TFS.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL, SQL Server, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Mac OS X
MS Office Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Test build, Integration Tools.: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, GitHub.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model(POM)
Utilities: Eclipse, Firebug, Fire Path
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions, Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG , analyzed Test Results.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium WebDriver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and implemented Regression Test to verify the existing functionality is not affected and to check the configuration settings of the code.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox where multiple tests were run parallel.
- Managed the project build and the project dependencies using Maven.
- Developed and Implemented Hybrid, Page Object Model/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG @Data Providers, @parameters Annotation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run parallel testing by creating Groups, and categorizing test cases.
- Experience in Drag and Drop, Scroll Down, Synchronization, Double Click, CheckBoxes using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Selenium API for Mouse movements, Keystrokes, Window control manipulations and pop-ups.
- Ability to handle multiple windows using web drivers.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits .
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link Attributes, Tagname and Classname attributes.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Wrote Cucumber Runners to launch execution of BDD features. Configured Cucumber Options.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool . Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Used Appium to test the Enterprise Mobile App on Android Platform using Real and Virtual Devices.
- Changed the status of JIRA during the testing and also update the story based on functional requirement.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Configured Build Jobs on Jenkins.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL Queries on Oracle database.
- Trouble shooting the errors. debugging the failed scripts
Environment : Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium Grid, Jenkins, SoapUI, Soap, Restful, Rest Assured, HTML, XML, JIRA, Cucumber, Gherkin, Eclipse, Appium, IOS, Android, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, Agile, Oracle, SQL, XML, CSS, XPath.
Confidential, Boston, MA
QA Automation Engineer
- Used Selenium Web Driver to test the web application.
- Designed and developed test automation artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations.
- Performed Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and End-to-End Testing .
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and implemented Regression Test to verify the existing functionality is affected and to check the configuration settings of the code.
- Involved in developing Selenium Automation Framework using Page Object Model.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and Mac and on different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Tested Application UI Pages with Text Fields, Radio Buttons, Checkboxes, Drop Downs, Links, Alerts, Multiple Windows, Mouse Movements as part of Functional Testing using Selenium .
- Performed Regression testing after each build release of the application and Configured build Jobs using Test Scripts built with Selenium, Maven , TestNG.
- Involved in the use of BDD and ATTD based Step Definition, Scenarios and Features inGherkin language using Cucumber.
- Implemented automation test scripts in SOAPUI for web service testing.
- Configured Jenkins build jobs to perform CI and automatically schedule Regression.
- Maintained the Selenium and Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like Git for improvements and new features.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using Jira as tracking tool.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL Queries in order to view successful transactions of data and validating data.
- Worked with developers to Create and update the defects, resolve and track their status using JIRA.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
Environment :Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Jenkins, SoapUI, Soap, Restful, HTML,XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Gherkin, Appium, IOS, Android, Eclipse, Junit,Maven, TestNG, Agile, Oracle, SQL, XML, CSS, XPath.
Confidential, Rockland, MA
- Analyze the Business Requirement document and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarification addressed.
- AJAX was used to perform simple XMLHttpRequest callbacks for retrieving data dynamically into the client pages.
- Used Selenium Grid for Cross Platform and parallel processing of test cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Extensively used Selenium(data-driven, XPath locator ) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium WebDriver and JUnit. Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNGfunctions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property.
- Unit testing before checking in the code for QA builds.
- Involved in Production Support.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven .
- Handled Global parameters with java code by data driving paramaterization from Properties File .
- Used AutoIT with Selenium to handle File uploading by inspecting the window pop-up.
- Involved in daily Defect Triage meetings with Project Managers and developers during System testing and UAT.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Performed mobile testing using Appium on Android devices.
- Preparing the daily automation status report.
- Reviewing the automation script.
- Providing automation demo to clients.
- Providing training to newly joined engineers or responsible for providing automation KT.
- Preparing the automation documents.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, SQL Server, HTML, XML, JUnit,TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, JIRA, Maven, TFS,