- Over 7+ years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environments like AWS, Azure and GCP. Experience in the areas of Containerization, Configuration management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline), Build and Release management, Linux/Windows administration and support.
- Experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS & SaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, Azure OMS, Key Vault, Cognitive Services (LUIS) and Cloud Services, Resource Groups, ExpressRoute, Load Balancing, Application Gateways.
- Expertise in creating and managing data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, copying data, configuring data flow in and out of Azure data lake stores according to technical requirements and in services like compute (Web roles, worker roles) caching, API management scheduling, Azure batch application, Azure WCF relay, Azure scheduler, Azure wire data.
- Expertise in migrating the existing v1 (Classic) Azure infrastructure into v2 (ARM template), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as possible and migrating as well on premise to Windows Azure in DR on cloud using Azure Recovery Vault and Azure backups.
- Hands - on experience Designing, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem applications to Azure Cloud (ARM templates), configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack (Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, AzureSQL, Cloud Services and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Extensive experience on AWS services like VPC, EC2, API Gateway, IAM, S3, NACL, Route 53, Redshift, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), AWS Kinesis, Lambda, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, Network Connectivity troubleshooting, Hybrid Environments and VPC peering.
- Experience on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using Terraform templates along with (CI/CD) with AWS Lambda and AWS Code Pipeline.
- Expertise in creating functions and assigning roles in AWS Lambda and provisioning AWS Infrastructure to run python scripts and Terraform scripts from Jenkins and through CloudFormation templates to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Experienced in GCP services such as compute Engine, Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, Cloud Build, Container Registry, Deployment Manager, IAM, VPC, Network Services, Network Security and Monitoring service with stack driver.
- Hands on experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build, test and deploy applications on Google's very adaptable and solid framework for the web, portable, and backend arrangements.
- Expertise in deep development/enhancement of OpenStack components such as Nova, neutron, designate, Cinder, Swift, Image, Horizon & Identity, and Ceilometer.
- Experience in architecting solutions for Developer Productivity, Operator Efficiency, Comprehensive Security and High Availability in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Expertise in using Kubernetes for running/managing containers, images and container snapshots, while providing a platform for automating, deploying, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experience in building and deploying the applications using Kubernetes and CLI and schedule the jobs using Kube scheduler. Managed Kubernetes(K8s) charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes apps.
- Experienced in working on Docker hub, Docker swarm, Docker compose, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Expertise in Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker hub and installing and configuring Kubernetes.
- Experience in Ansible vault and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and verify functionality, also have hands-on on Ansible Roles, Ansible inventory files and Ansible Galaxy.
- Highly skilled in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles , group variables and inventory files and copy and remove files on remote systems using file module .
- Expertise on creating Chef Recipes, Chef Roles, Chef handlers, Templates, Attributes, Cookbooks on Workstations and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise Chef Server.
- Experience in developing puppet modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of puppet master, git, R10Kwrapper, Openstack (Horizon), Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripts for continuous Integration and building workflows, used by Jenkins for uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository and experienced in automating various day-to-day administration task by using Bash, Ruby, JSON, PowerShell, and Python Scripts.
- Proficient in static code analysis tool SonarQube right from setup to configuration in Jenkins and also in analyzing the different programming languages like Java, C#.
- Solid experience in building Artifacts using various build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle and store back to Nexus, JFROG Artifactory and efficiently run environmental jobs by using provisioning tools like Docker and Vagrant.
- Strong hands on knowledge of designing & implementing distributed and centralized version control systems, SCM topics of branching, tagging, labeling and merging product variant management, process implementation, Software Integration, Setup, configuration and Administration by using different SCM tools like SVN and GIT.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining application servers like WebSphere and Web servers like WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache, HTTP, Tomcat on Unix and Linux server for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server and mail servers
- Experience in setting up and managing ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers and in creating geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with Azure Monitor and Functions.
- Experienced on search and analytic tools like Splunk, Nagios and in developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Experience in all phases (Requirement gathering and analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance) of software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall model).
- Proficient in installing, configuring, tuning Database Servers (SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB) maintained and performed required DB tasks.
- Proficiency in DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, and involved in their installation, configuration, maintenance and implementation of services like NFS, LDAP, Apache SMTP, SSH, HTTP and RPM management, for administrating Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Uptime and Response time analysis.
- Experience in performing various Linux operations like Package administration, disk management and patch management configurations on different Linux distributions like Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux and CentOS.
Cloud Services: Azure, Amazon Web Services(AWS), Google Cloud Platform(GCP)PCF, Open stack, Terraform
Container Tools: Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Gitlab, Octopus deploy, Blue green deployment
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bit bucket, SVN, VSTS, TFS
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Cloud watch, Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, Nagios
Scripting: Bash/Shell, Python, Ruby, power shell, Json, YAML, Groovy
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle, DB2, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) Cosmos DB, DynamoDB
Web Servers: Apache HTTP, Nginx, Apache TOMCAT, JBOSS
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
IDE Tools: ECLIPSE IDE, NETBEANS
Operating Systems: LINUX (RHEL,CENTOS,UBUNTU),WINDOWS, MAC
Bug Tracking tools: Jira, Bugzilla, HP ALM, IBM
Virtualization Tech: VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box, Vagrant
Confidential - San Jose, California.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Designed and maintained containerized microservices and worked on configuration/maintenance of private container registry on Microsoft Azure for hosting images and used Windows Active Directory to secure an Azure Active Directory AD domain services and managed the domain with LDAP's.
- Involved in configuring continuous integration (CI) from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)/Azure DevOps tools and configured continuous delivery (CD) to automate the deployment of ASP.NET applications to Azure web apps and configured backend databases SQL and Cosmos DB.
- Designing, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem applications to Azure Cloud(ARM template), configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack services and utilities focusing on Automation. Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and PaaS.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment. Migrated SQL Server database to Windows Azure Redis and updated the connection strings based on Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service(AKS) to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal with the Azure CLI and PowerShell and used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform.
- Created clusters in Google Cloud and managed them using GKE Kubernetes(k8s). Used Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, created new namespaces, docker images and pushed them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools, leveraging PowerShell allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and Kubernetes deploy services.
- Used Kubernetes as an open source platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of applications containers across clusters of hosts and provided container centric infrastructure.
- Collaborated on building Java based REST API as a Microservice and deployed those using Docker containers and Kubernetes and used Docker to run and deploy the application in multiple containers Docker Weave for auto discovery. Virtualized the servers on Azure using the Docker and created the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment.
- Created Ansible cloud modules for interacting with Azure services which provides the tools to easily create and orchestrate infrastructure on Azure and automated cloud-native applications in Azure using Azure micro services such as Azure functions and azure Kubernetes.
- Implemented Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge and delegation to Ansible powered environments. Wrote Ansible Playbooks using Python SSH as Wrapper for Managing Configurations of my servers, Nodes, Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python.
- Involved in using Terraform and Ansible in migrating legacy and monolithic systems to Azure and managed Ubuntu and RHEL virtual servers on Azure by creating Ansible Nodes.
- Developed Restful API's using Ansible YAML Scripts and python. Involved in building a Microservice architecture with spring boot, Docker and implemented CI/CD for all the Microservices through Maven build tool using Deployments through Ansible server.
- Created Jenkins jobs and distributed load on Jenkins server by configuring Jenkins nodes, which will enable parallel builds. Performed automation of CI/CD pipeline in private cloud using Jenkins shared libraries and multibranch pipeline and automated the static code analysis through SonarQube in Jenkins pipeline for checking code quality.
- Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where 'Groovy Jenkins Plugin' and 'Groovy Post-Build Action Plugin' is used as a build step and post build actions. Worked on Maven as a build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds and also created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml
- Managed Version Control Systems tools like Git, Gitlab and GitHub to implement revision control systems to track, document and control changes to the repository source code.
- Installed an ELK agent (file beat) with Ansible playbook, setup the Elasticsearch ELK Stack to collect, search & analyze log files from across the azure virtual machines and evaluated system logs using ELK software stack and created ELK Dashboards and Parsing logs in Graylog.
- Planned and built Splunk cluster environment with high availability resources working with Splunk dataflow, components, features and product capability and also set up Cronjobs and Splunk agents in the azure virtual machines and initialized Splunk forwarding to the Splunk dashboard.
- Worked with bug tracking tool like JIRA and generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to share the artifacts between the teams within the company and created SonarQube reporting dashboard to run analysis for every project, also developed microservices on boarding tools using PowerShell and VSTS allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs.
- Developed Apache KAFKA Queue System to collect log data without data Loss and publish to various sources also used Kafka for publishing and consuming the updates to the inventory and calculate the immediately sellable quantity.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Managed Active Directory Services created service accounts and monitored Windows event logs to identify issues and troubleshoot. Configured & administered LDAP, NFS & NIS in Linux & implemented Samba for sharing of resources between Linux & Windows environment.
Environment: Azure, Microservices, Azure Active Directory, VSTS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP),Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Python, PowerShell, Yaml, SonarQube, Groovy, Maven, Git, Gitlab, ELK, Splunk, Jira, Nexus, Kafka, Tomcat, Github, Linux
Confidential - Irving, Texas
- Configured and maintained the AWS Lambda function to trigger when there is a Jenkins build kicked off, which internally gets stored on AWS S3 bucket for everybody to access. Created Route53 to route traffic between different regions and worked with Security groups & Network ACLs.
- To trigger changes made in AWS Dynamo DB integrated it with AWS Lambda, created Cron jobs for initiating our daily batch data pulls, executing our continuous integration tests done under Jenkins & backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Worked with AWS Code Pipeline to build CI/CD env for containerized applications based on python scripts to deployed on ECS and orchestrated with EKS . Converted applications into container images which are stored in ECR .
- Designed AWS CloudFormation Templates (JSON/YAML ) to create custom-sized VPC, Subnets, Route Table, NAT to secure the public and private subnets with app, web servers and database servers.
- Supported 300+ Linux servers in production/stage/development environment. Built and Configured LINUX Servers in AWS Cloud Environment and built .NET 4.5 applications from Ubuntu Linux Bash.
- Managed OpenStack Infrastructure upgrades, expansion, scaling, troubleshooting and debugging for large and medium OpenStack deployment sites.
- Migrated applications to OpenStack cloud & created instances using Chef automation. Designed & implemented an auto backup & disaster recovery script for OpenStack Cloud.
- Created Terraform scripts to provide application load balancers in AWS and to create and delete S3 buckets also worked in interpolating files & modules of created Jenkins jobs containing Terraform code.
- Extensively worked on AWS templates for infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Implemented Terraform Modules for deployment of applications across multiple Cloud Providers.
- Worked on implementing microservices on Kubernetes Cluster and configured Operators on Kubernetes applications and all its components, such as deployments, ConfigMaps, Secrets and Services and used Rancher PaaS, container management and orchestration may be undergoing a polyglot effect, whereby customer demand, open source software and integration.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of Amazon EC2 instances using KOPS and managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local clusters and deploying application containers. Worked on Docker-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts using Kubernetes.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment. Configured the servers, deployed software, and orchestrated continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Deployed and managed many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers with the Chef Platform and wrote cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize project configuration.
- Created various Roles & Environments & used Chef Handlers for auto kick-off requirement jobs. Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Created infrastructure in a coded manner (infrastructure as code) using Chef for configuration management of virtual environments, and Vagrant for virtual machine and resource control. Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Improved in virtualization of servers using the Docker for the test environments and worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, and GitHub and so whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Integrated Jenkins with GitHub private repositories to build artifacts to the repository by using Automation tool Maven for pushing successful build code and written shell scripts for running the unit test on different occupations on Jenkins.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services, includes web servers, ELB, CloudFront Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration. Python scripts creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Automated Cassandra DB Builds/Installation and migrated several databases from the on-premise data center to Cassandra on AWS infrastructure. Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the Artifacts.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS cloud watch .
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux kernel , memory upgrades, and swaps area. Installed RedHat Linux using Kickstart & Sun Solaris with JumpStart . Configured DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8, 9 & other Network Services.
Environment: AWS, Lambda, Jenkins, S3 bucket, Route53, SQL, AWS Kinesis, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Code Pipeline, AWS ECS, AWS EKS, AWS ECR, NAT, Openstack, Chef, AWS ALB, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Vagrant, Jira, Cassandra, Apache Tomcat, JFrog .
Chubb - Chicago, Illinois.
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS) which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with EC2 instances in the AWS cloud. Implemented NAT gateways for web applications hosted on private subnets.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Worked on multiple AWS EC2 instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) & AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost-effective, fault-tolerant & highly available systems.
- Extensively Worked on Docker service rolling updates to implement zero downtime PROD deployments. Worked with Docker Trusted Registry as repository for our Docker images and worked with Docker container networks communications using Docker Weave.
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images to the Docker repository for further use and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error. Migration of all nodes from ansible configuration system to Chef system.
- Managed both enterprise as well as on premises chef server and installed chef client using bootstrap script and created run list using terraform module for chef provisioner.
- Configured Jenkins master with necessary plugins and slaves to support scalability and agility and configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log to include daily changes.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on Polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git, and Maven.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool for Java projects and written Maven POM files from scratch for multi-module projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Migration of the Source Code from Apache Subversion (SVN) to Github, and the migration from Github to Bit Bucket. Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies Used sub modules in GIT and trained the new users on working with sub modules in GIT.
- Used ELK stack with X-pack features for log monitoring. Created various index patterns geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana to show customer locations in U.S based maps.
- Integrated defect tracking tool JIRA with Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging, tracking & documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, web servers like Apache, IIS, mail servers like SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and file servers on RHEL servers.
Environment: AWS EC2, Cloud front, Docker, Docker weave, Jenkins, Chef, Ruby, Ansible, Maven, Java, Subversion( SVN), Github, Bitbucket, Linux, ELK, Jira, RHEL, Terraform, NAT Gateways .
Build & Release Engineer
- Administered Bamboo servers which include install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing the local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Developed and implemented build and deployment process using Bamboo in various environments such as QA, UAT, PROD using Bamboo.
- Used Puppet to manage web applications, Config files, Database, Users Mount Points and Packages and using Puppet developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift.
- Designed and scripting using ANT for J2EE, Web Services, Reusable JARS, Web Client and Open Source in creating Master build.xml build Properties & pom.xml files and provided technical support to the development team for compilation problems.
- Used Puppet for creating scripts, deployments for servers, and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance. Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and GIT.
- Wrote, maintained, and documented modules, manifests, Git repositories for Puppet enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Reviewed existing manual Software builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risk using Perl and Shell Scripting.
- Administered Nexus server which includes installing, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Used Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using KickStart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise prod, QA, and UAT/staging.
Environment: Puppet, SVN, GIT, ANT, Jira, Perl, Shell, Bamboo, RHEL, Windows, Bugzilla, Nexus.
Sr. System Engineer
- Used Jump start for OS installation with support of Jump start server and configured large file system with Solaris ZFS and built Yum and RPM repository Server for development team to upload packages.
- Worked on deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators and worked on volume/File system management using LVM.
- Created and maintained build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Shell for Web-sphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- Wrote Shell scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking of WLST scripts or admin console deployments.
- Developed custom solutions in Java to validate availability, consistency, and compliance with environments, and created artifact documents through the source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Involved in developing the application using Java/J2EE platform and implemented the Model View Control (MVC) structure using spring.
Environment: Solaris, Yum, RPM, Routers, Switches, Load balancers, VPN, NFS, Windows, Linux, Java, WLST, Nexus.
- Managed users, groups, and permissions configured LDAP and given SUDO Access in test and development servers and allowed password less logins for authorized users on servers. Worked on NIC bonding on Linux Enterprise servers for high availability, redundancy, and Increased bandwidth.
- Responsible for setting up and managing user accounts , security , updates , disk space , and process monitoring for RedHat Linux servers.
- Performed system configuration/hardening using IP tables, SE Linux, TCP Wrappers, ACL and traditional permission on Linux servers as well as restricting access to terminals, disabling unnecessary services and securing.
- Excellent experience on automated deployment scripts using bash to deploy war files, properties file and database changes to development server or QA server and Staging/Production server.
- Created scripts in Shell to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and wrote shell scripts to automate the process of adding SSH-keys, generating passwords in python.
Environment: LDAP, NIC, Linux, LVM, RAID, TCP, ACL, Bash, SSH, Java, Shell, API