- DevOps Engineer offering 7+ years’ experience solving complex problems with creative solutions, troubleshooting, automating, Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Experience in working with development engineers to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Expertise in build automation tools like ANT and MAVEN.
- Extensive experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features: EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation, Auto scaling, CloudFront, IAM and S3.
- Designed AWS custom VPC’s for Cloud Infrastructure and joined different VPC’s through VPC peering and created custom subnets for public and private instances to protect databases and application servers from internet.
- Designed AWS cloud formation stacks for infrastructure setup to make infrastructure replication easier for testing purposes.
- Created and maintained AWS Route53 record sets for targets like Elastic Load Balancer, Cloudfront distributions.
- Experience in deploying Confidential Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSP’s, and Servlets in Staging and Production.
- Administered and Implemented CI/CD tools Hudson, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Team City for automated builds.
- Hands on experience in setting up and implementing the Continuous integration and Continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes using AWS cloud services, GIT/SVN, Jenkins, MAVEN and Chef.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef CM.
- Automated software installations, configurations using Python, Bash, Perl scripting.
- Experience writing docker files for deployments by following certain industry best practices.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Expertise in Repository Management tools Jforg Artifactory and Nexus.
- Experience with setting up Kubernetes cluster and configured flannel as a networking solution for Kubernetes and deployed containers in to it.
- Experience in executing Organization DevOps methodology in different situations of Linux and Windows servers alongside adopting cloud procedures based on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in working with Ansible. Wrote playbooks to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Experienced in project analysis, gathering user requirements, technical design and training customers.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Experienced in using Build Automation tools like MS Build and CMake.
- Experience in writing terraform templates and managed state files for better co - ordination among developers.
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues on 24x7 basis.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Cloud Services: AWS EC2, VPC, RDS, Auto scaling, Cloudformation, Terraform, Route53, S3, IAM, Cloud watch, SNS, SQS, ELB, AWS Config.
Scripting and automation: C, Shell, Perl, Python, Power shell
Source Control/Versioning: SVN, GIT, TFS.
CI/CD and CM Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, cmake
Application servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, Windows Server 2008, 2012
Databases: Oracle 11g, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL
Container orchestration: Kubernetes
Protocols/Services: LDAP, DNS, BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS/SSL, DHCP
Confidential, Salem, NH
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using Nagios and Cloud Watch.
- Worked closely with EC2 infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Managed users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances and their CPU, Memory, IOPS, Network Usages and suggest appropriate instance type for the same.
- Designed custom Virtual Private Cloud(VPC) to have fine grained control over the infrastructure and for better security.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Chef roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Migrating present Linux environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL's, attached profiles and roles using terraform modules.
- Create and manage S3 buckets; Enable logging in S3 bucket to track the request who is accessing the data and enable versioning in S3 bucket to restore the deleted files.
- Created Cloud Front distribution network to speed up the distribution of web content.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
- Designed and maintained GIT Repositories, branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Infrastructure set up for Chef: Installing Chef server, chef-manage and bootstrapping of nodes, creating roles and environments for infrastructure and assigning proper run-lists for them.
- Created Chef cookbooks for configuring internal applications for load web servers, application servers and load balancers.
- Worked on developing scripts for automation of various tasks like “sending details of daily pushes in different branches for various git repositories.”
- Experience in solving production side issues for Confluence, git and SVN.
- Worked on a project which allows release managers to start official builds on different remote servers from one Master Jenkins server.
- Automating the tasks using Ansible playbooks, Shell scripting and Python.
- Migrating servers with the required configurations changes and testing and deploying the machines using Ansible commands.
- Created various modules and Manifests in Ansible to automate various applications.
- Used Chef to manage web applications, Environments and configuration files, users, mount points and packages.
- Worked on developing containerized Docker architecture solutions and maintaining containers on a Docker Hub.
- Containerized applications by writing docker files and deployed application containers in Kubernetes clusters.
- Involved in peer reviews by creating a pull requests in GitHub with the other team members.
- Implemented static code analysis tools like Coverity and Food Critic for linting the code.
- Worked on setting up Kubernetes clusters and set up networking using flannel service for better management of nodes.
- Created extensive documentation, including straightforward how-to procedures for common administrative tasks.
- Proactively monitor the operations of the production system and help in resolving any live problems detected/reported.
- Review the production support issues assigned and do due diligence - troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and provide resolution on a timely manner.
Tools: Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Jfrog, Shell and Perl scripting, Chef, GitHub, EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, TFS, Continuous Delivery.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Sr. DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef Server. Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and can quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Involved in configuring S3 versioning, lifecycle policies, backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment. Created virtual environments via vagrant with chef client provision.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs.
- Experience in using test kitchen in Chef to test configuration before running chef0clients on nodes.
- Experienced in Azure IAAS and PAAS services, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, reserved VIP, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Cloud Services, deploying Web Apps and creating Web-Jobs.
- Implemented high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Confidential and Cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity, and availability best practices.
- Leveraged "Azure Automation" and PowerShell, Chef and Ansible to automate processes in the Azure Cloud.
- Worked on writing playbooks to manage Web applications, Environments, configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Worked on Ansible to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- Wrote wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Monitored remotely run scripts via Nagios Remote Plug-in Executor.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube and Puppet.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Used Wire shark to examine data from a live network or from a capture file on disk.
- Provided on call support for production systems.
Tools: Redhat 5, Ubuntu, AIX, Puppet, AWS, Maven, SonarQube, Nagios, Shell, Jenkins, Hudson, Python, GIT, Apache Web server, JBoss, Windows, Chef, JIRA.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
DevOps /Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications per the agile process.
- Performed role as Automation Engineer for Developing Build and deploy tool (like Jenkins).
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Involved in working with AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked with Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Puppet.
- Experience in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN.
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Created Roles and Data bags to implement them on nodes.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors changes in the project requirements.
- Implemented a Python module to query data from a PostgreSQL table to display aggregated data from Map Reduce jobs.
Tools: Java, Chef, AWS, Puppet, Docker, Nagios, Jenkins, Bash, MAVEN, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Oracle 11g, JIRA, Python Scripting, GIT, Windows.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Defined branching & merging strategy, checkin policies, improving code quality, defining backup and archival plans.
- Coordinated with resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Involved in planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Creating Jira Projects, Confluence spaces.
- Overhauling the source code in SVN, adding static code analysis tests like coverity, findbugs, pmd etc. and configuring unit tests to run as part of builds.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Involved in writing cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Jenkins and multiple AWS tools.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the Confidential server.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
Tools: SVN, CVS, Ant, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, AWS, Tomcat, Perl, Nexus and JIRA, confluence, puppet.
Release/ Build Engineer
- Automated build process with Continuous Integration Tool Hudson, Bash/Perl.
- Involved in designing/automating proof of concept projects and version control tool migrations and handling Version Control activities in Clearcase.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS to Subversion repository.
- Configured application servers(JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Utilized Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds. Deployed the EARs and WARs in JBOSS Application server using ANT script.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool and worked on GIT for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring GITHUB repositories.
- Used MAVEN as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required.
- Created and configured jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Worked on Atlassian confluence a team collaboration software for creating the design documents and sharing the documents within the team members.
- Installed Buildforge software and configured database and application server settings within the Management console.
- Integration of Linux/Solaris with Active Directory (LDAP).
- Used IBM Rational Clear Quest for tracking the changes and approval process.
- Worked on deploying ERP (Oracle) applications.
- Worked in creating WebSphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical servers.
Tools: Linux/Unix, Centos, ClearCase, Active Directory, Nagios, Java/J2EE, .Net, SQL, TFS, Python, DNS, Logs