- Certified AWS Solution Architect Associate, with 7+ years of experience and in - depth knowledge in cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, software lifecycle automation integrating with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment (CI/CD), Configuration Management tools, Build and Release Engineering, Linux and System Administration.
- Experience in configuring Azure web apps, Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, App services, Analyzing Azure Networks with Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure stack, Azure Backup and Azure Automation
- Hands on experience in various Azure Services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles) , Azure Websites , Caching, Azure SQL , NoSQL, Storage, Network services , Azure Active Directory , API Management , Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and Power Shell Automation.
- Well versed in Implementation of Office365 and Azure Active Directory for single sign on, authentication, authorization and Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC) and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, Security policies and routing.
- Expertise in AWS Services VPC , EC2 , IAM , Subnets , Cloud Formation , CloudFront , S3 , SNS , SES , RedShift , CloudWatch , SQS , Route53 , CloudTrail, Lambda , Kinesis & RDS and obtaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance for AWS EC2 instances utilizing the services like ELB & Autoscaling .
- Experience in Building and configuring a virtual data centers in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Experience with Cloud automation technologies such as Cloud Formation and Terraform and experienced in using Terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure and manage existing and cloud infrastructure as well as custom in-house solutions.
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Experienced in writing terraform templates that can spin up infrastructure for multi-tier application and provisioned boot strapped software on cloud with terraform.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and AWS.
- Expertise in Docker , Kubernetes for the Container Security by implementing monitoring/auditing security events on container and implement container network security detection.
- Professed in using Kubernetes Helm charts and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Extensive Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications.
- Experience in configuring and managing Chef master server , upload cookbooks through knife , test recipes in Kitchen and other chef tools like Supermarket, Food critic and Inspect and building workflows with Chef Automate.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Experience in managing software artifacts required for development using repository managers like Nexus and JFrog Artifactory and writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration (CI)and built workflows also used Jenkins for uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working experience in authoring POM.xml files and automatically compile, package, test, build and deploy .NET and J2EE applications to Web Sphere and JBoss Application Server (WAS6).
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms (Ubuntu, Red hat, CentOS) which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics and CloudWatch for Resource, Network, and Log Trace Monitoring, created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS CloudWatch and Lambda. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Experience in Splunk solution design, architect, deployment and configuration of Splunk components like forwarders, Indexers, Search heads etc.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using decentralized SCM tools like GIT, TFS and centralized tools like CVS, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms and Used GITHUB and Bitbucket as source code repositories.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX ( Red Hat Linux ) Systems
- Extensively involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizing JIRA and Confluence to take the forefront of the new systems.
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP , DHCP , DNS , LDAP , NFS , SMTP , HTTP , SNMP .
- Expertise in Linux Administration like RAID levels, Grub, Disk management, patch management, Networking, Scripting, Kickstart, LVM, CRON jobs, Performance monitoring, troubleshooting on different distributions such as Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu and Debian. The file systems that were used were VxFS, ZFS, UFS, ext3 and ext4.
- Experience in creating custom Build & Deployment automation solutions in scripting languages including Python, Shell, UNIX shell, Ruby, Perl and PowerShell.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web services, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, PCF.
CI/CD: Jenkins, VSTS, Bamboo, GitLab.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Ansible Tower
Infrastructure as Code Tools: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
Source Code and Repositories: GIT, Bitbucket, Subversion, Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC)
Security and Encryption Tools: GIT Crypt, Ansible Vault, AWS Key Management Services, Azure Vault
Containerization & Orchestration Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS), Azure Container Service (ACS), Apache Mesos, Docker Swarm, OpenShift.
Logging and Alerting: ELK, Splunk, Cloud Watch, SNS, Datadog, Nagios, New Relic
Repository Management: Nexus, JFrog, Artifactory
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic, Web Sphere
Web Servers: Nginx, Apache HTTP
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Amazon Linux, Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu)
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, Mongo DB, MySQL, DynamoDB
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
Sr. Cloud/Devops Engineer
- Designed capacity and architecture plan to create the Azure Cloud environment to host migrated IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for refactored applications and databases. Deployed infrastructure as a code ( Iac ) applications using ARM Templets ( JSON ).
- Developed Azure ARM Templates for different teams to deploy the .Net based application on to Web roles, triggered ARM Templates from the VSTS to build the .Net based applications and worked on Azure Key Vault to encrypt the data.
- Worked on PowerShell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system in the creation of Resource groups, Web Applications, Azure Storage Blobs & Tables, firewall rules.
- Involved in Backing up and Recovering an Azure Virtual Machine from a Recovery Services Vault and Azure Site Recovery Services. Having a good knowledge of Understanding on Express Route, Network Security Groups, Storage Accounts, and Storage Explorer and Azure Architecture .
- Designed the data model and created the schema on SQL Azure and configured Azure Cosmos DB and exposed the service as Web API . Worked on Configuration Internal Load Balancer, Load Balanced Sets and Azure Traffic Manager.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer and configured Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to automatically build and deploy to Azure web apps or cloud services and configured an automated multiple-stage deployment and managed the release process.
- Devised ARM templates for required resources in Azure platform and defined specific parameters and used in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to Azure SQL Databases using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Showcased in assigning the Azure services on to locations, specific to integrate with web-apps and key-vaults and involved in deploying workloads on Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Virtual Machines . Used Continuous Integration tool Jenkins to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to Azure Cloud and OpenStack using build pack.
- Involved in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) clusters for running microservices. Took several microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods .
- Created a Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro-services builds out to Docker Hub and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and configured Kubernetes Replication controller.
- Good working knowledge on OpenShift platform in managing Docker Containers and Kubernetes clusters . Bootstrapped Kubernetes with Tectonic and used Terraform to deploy highly available clusters.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local clusters and deploying application containers . This was achieved by using helm charts which provided POC for packaging and deploying the applications using Docker File .
- Worked on App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry like Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks
- Worked profoundly on Ansible Tower to write custom templates for configuring the desired inventories and specifying the playbooks written in YAML to execute the jobs on destined nodes. Downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy to automate the infrastructure.
- Developed Build and Deployment Scripts using build tools like MAVEN in JENKINS to migrate from one environment to another environment and utilized SonarQube for performing continuous inspection of the code quality and detecting the code bugs.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server using Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) Tools like JIRA, Trello to track the progress of the project.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and maintained log analysis generated by various systems including security products
- Worked with application/database team to resolve issues for performance Tuning and Management of Linux servers.
- Created snippets that allow developers to share code segments and generated pulled requests for code review and comments using BitBucket . And maintained GIT repositories in the BitBucket for the services we developed for the company project and set up automated testing and deployment using either Concourse-CI.
- Planned and built Splunk Cluster environment with High Availability resources. Worked with Splunk dataflow, components, features and product capability.
Environment: Azure (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, SQL Migration Wizard, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Resource Groups, Office365, RBAC), OpenStack, Ansible, Chef, Python, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Jira, Trello, ELK, App Dynamics
Confidential, Carlsbad, California
Sr. Cloud/Devops Engineer
- Provisioned infrastructure using cloud formation templates for custom-sized VPC , subnets , EC2 instances, ELB , security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front , cloud watch , RDS , S3 , Route53 , SNS , SQS , Cloud Trail.
- Experience with Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using CloudFormation templates & Route53 weighted routing policy to redirect traffic from the old environment to the pristine environment via DNS .
- Used Terraform for deploying the modified server-less architecture through AWS Lambda from existing infrastructure. Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Integrated Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure, designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate the backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java , PHP , Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache , and IIS .
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline for J2EE , Node.js and python applications as well as Docker containers using tools such as AWS Code Build, Code Deploy, and Code Pipeline .
- Created clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes (k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code onto Google Cloud , create new namespaces , creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud .
- Worked on various Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like compute engine , cloud load balancing , cloud storage , cloud SQL , stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager .
- Experience on Kubernetes for creating Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside and creation of Pods and clusters through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs and deploying them using OpenShift .
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, managed Kubernetes manifest files and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application.
- Configured Kubernetes Replication controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins master server in multiple minions.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using WebHooks and Slave Machines.
- Experience in deploying some critical applications using Docker images and Docker containers and used Kubernetes to deploy scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name ids.
- Experience in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos and OpenShift along with the development of microservices architecture using Spring Boot including distributed SSO Authentication and Authorization, Distributed Session Management with REST, JSON, or similar protocols.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Experienced in orchestration & Migration of CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation, Terraform Templates & Containerization of Infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPC’s.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure using Ansible playbooks which includes checking the health status, monitoring and gathering facts about the EC2-instances , elastic load balancers , auto scaling groups and other AWS resources.
- Used Ansible to deploy microservices in Docker containers in Docker machine env's for scalable applications and to automate the configuration management to manage web applications, configuration files, database, user mount points and packages.
- Worked with Bash and Python included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run Python scripts and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Installed and configured ELK stack in both legacy and Docker swarm mode and pipelined application logs from App Server to Elastic search through Logstash.
- Created Log collection in ELK ( Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana ) installed File Beat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash . Applied filters on log data before sending to Elastic Search .
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elastic search, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, Cloud Formation, RDS, Dynamo DB, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, RedShift), Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Jenkins, GIT, Python.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
- Administered security and configured user access and setting up limits using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) by creating new profiles and policies for user management by customizing the JSON templates .
- Configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the VPC networking in a cross-domain, including VPC peering, limits and pricing and architects within AWS cloud populated by infrastructure, platform, and application services that share common security and interconnection and AWS Lambda and AWS config.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using AWS Cloud watch and New Relic .
- Experience in Deploying and configuring Chef server including bootstrapping of Chef-Client nodes for provisioning and created roles, recipes, cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS, Applications, Services, Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Highly proficient in configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation and written ruby scripts for chef automation.
- Maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS and involved in Knife and Chef Bootstrap process, converted production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using chef recipes.
- Used Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS , Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Integrated AWS with other systems like Jenkins, Chef and HP service Manager to develop CI/CD pipelines for automating Prod deployments using REST APIs.
- Maintained Bitbucket Repositories which includes Jenkins and JIRA Integration, creating new repositories and enabling GIT to ignore, branching, merging, creating pull requests and the access control strategies from Bitbucket.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Built dynamic routing/load balancing capability enabling large application scaling, used ingress rules and Ingress Controllers.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT and MSBUILD for building of deployable Artifacts such as (war, jar) from Source Code.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Ant and Maven in Linux environment.
- Indulged in creating scripts for system administration, automating the builds and deployment process using languages such as BASH and Python .
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Chef, Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Tomcat, Splunk, Nagios, JBoss, WebLogic, Ruby, Bash, Linux, GIT, LDAP, NFS, NAS, MS Share point, XML, Windows, Splunk, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Docker, Kubernetes.
Build and Release Engineer
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and UDeploy to orchestrate changes across servers and components.
- Built and Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools as Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Chef and Maven in Linux environment.
- Involved in Python scripting for deployment of Java applications and implementation and automation of Shell scripts for release and build automation.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python and Ruby , shell script and Logstash automated it using Jenkins .
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Ant and written Maven pom.xml build script.
- Managed build and deployment using Ant, Bamboo, SCM tools and managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile CI environment and automated the whole process.
- Creation of Jenkins configurations to generate project artifacts as part of packaging and deployment activities.
- Manage all CM tools (JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, ANT, Git, GitHub, Visual Studio) and their usage process ensuring traceability, repeatability, quality, and support.
- Managed tools like Subversion , Jenkins , JIRA and performed maintenance and troubleshooting of build/deployment systems.
- Implemented and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus .
- Worked with New Relic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Incorporating LINUX/UNIX system builds, administration, installations, upgrades, troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL and performed User Administration like (setting up and maintaining accounts).
Environment: Linux, Nexus, Web Logic, Artifactory, Jenkins, Bamboo, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Sub Version, Confluence, Visual Studio, Vagrant, SVN, Maven, Ant, UNIX, LINUX (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, RHEL).
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Manage users and groups in Solaris & Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues.
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting and python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks. Involved in writing Python, Perl, and Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Develop automated deployment scripts using Ant and python to deploy war files, properties file and database changes to development server or QA server and Staging/Production server.
- Experience in deploying Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and created Modules for Protocols configuration and managing them using Puppet automation.
- Worked on Jenkins , GitHub , Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration of SSH to enable secure access to servers, Antivirus, deployment of VMs, Snapshots, and templates.
- Developed various bash shell scripts to automate resource, job monitoring and alerting.
- Created tickets to track, diagnose and resolve new and ongoing incidents using Nagios ticketing system.
Environment: Kickstart, Nagios, Oracle, MySQL, Crontabs, Linux, LVM, LAMP, Apache Tomcat, Jira, VM Ware, Oracle, MySQL, RedHat, Sun-Solaris, RPM, SMTP, FTP, SSH, Fedora, GitHub, Perl, Python, ELK (Logstash and Kibana).
- Allocate specific permissions to the user groups and managed them while administering the user accounts (setting up and maintaining accounts).
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux ( RedHat and Oracle ).
- Responsible for design and configuring Anaconda kickstart configurator for Linux servers. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT / staging .
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP , DHCP , DNS , LDAP , NFS , SMTP , HTTP , SNMP .
- Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls and handling the day-to-day operations, troubleshooting& Solve Server Problems in LINUX on networks (LAN/WAN).
- Yielded expertise in handling OS like UNIX , RHEL , Centos and Windows .
Environment: Yum, RPM, Putty, Cyber duck, DNS server, Cron-tab, Unix, RedHat Linux, Apache, VMware, LVM, kickstart, NFS, FTP, and HTTP, Unix, CentOS and Windows.