- AWS and DevOpsEngineer with over 7years of Strong experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management, Cloud Implementation and DevOps Engineering.
- Highly Experienced in AWS services such asEC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Route 53, EMR, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Beanstalk, AWS Workspaces.
- Has experience in bash and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins (Jenkins Pipelines for CICD) for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain.
- Has experience in installation, administration, patches, upgradation, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting various Linux and Windows based servers like RedHat Linux 4/5/6, Amazon Linux, CentOS5/6, SunSolaris 8/9/10.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-End automation of all builds and deployments.
- Provided Cloud Migration Solutions and Architecture using AWS.
- Migrate OpenText reports from Hadoop data source to use AWS EMR as data source.
- Strong use of scripting languages like Shell, Bash, Python.
- Process Automation expertise using scripting tools like batch, PowerShell.
- Worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Build and maintain automation tooling for cloud infrastructure in AWS for backups, security and access management, code pipelines, and CI/CD using infrastructure as code written in both CloudFormation and .
- Has experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployment and for hosting tools.
- Proficient in Installation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application integrated with Apache Web server and Postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Has experience in Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml files.
- Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code.
- Has experience in developing and delivering content on the web using JAVA/J2EE.
- Has experience in Oracle and My SQL Database servers DB tasks.
- Good problem solving skills. Deep knowledge of SQL/PLSQL .
- Good knowledge on OpenShift and udeploy.
- Deep understanding of the principles and best practices of Scrum, Agile, Kanban, Waterfall methodologies and Software Configuration Management (SCM).
Amazon Web Services: IAM, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route 53, S3, AMI, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, RDS, Lambda, VPC, Glacier, SQS, Dynamo DB.Configuration Management: Ansible
Database: Postgres, MySQL
Languages/Scripting Languages: Bash Shell Scripting, Python Scripting.
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT Hub
Containerization Tools: Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Build Utility Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Nexus
Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall.
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, Mac, and WINDOWS
Virtualization Tools: Oracle Virtual Box, VMware Workstation
Bug Reporting Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA, Lean Testing.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
AWS /DevOps Engineer
- Expertise in AWS Resources like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Routez53, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Glue, Dynamo DB, RDS.
- Designed Contract Modeling Application Diagram for AWS and submitted Estimation cost for the application.
- Created Git Workflows and automated trigger for code promotion and movement through environment.
- Configured EMR Cluster, used Hive script to process the data stored in S3.
- Created Data-pipelines and configured EMR Cluster to offload the data to Redshift.
- Experience in optimizing volumes, EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances and created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Infrastructure as Code: Automated the infrastructure creation using AWSCloudFormation.
- Working on Docker-Compose and Docker-Machine.
- Experience with Docker, ECS, ECR tohandle Docker deployments .
- Created and managed test environment using Docker, Kubernetes, initiated instances depending upon development team requirements.
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Design and implement the CICD architecture and automation solutions using GITHUB, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible Tower. Deploying to production environment in AWS using terraform.
- Building Docker images and pushing them to JFrog Artifactory.
- Deployed and configured cloud servers on AWS with terraform and chef automation.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWSresources.
- Using Ansible playbooks to configure systems to a specified state.
- Configuring Glue and Using Glue Catalogue to scan the data in s3 buckets.
- Created AMI images of the critical ec2 instance as backup using AWS CLI and GUI.
- Implement Jenkins/GitHub/AWS AMI to manage cloud platform and setup the Continuous Integration and Delivery automation and orchestration automated server build, management, and monitoring and deployment solutions.
- Hands on experience of Build & Deployment phase and usage of Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools, build configuration, Maintenance of build system, automation & smoke test processes, managing, configuring, and maintaining source control management systems.
- Experience in software development, including languages, and frameworks such as Python.
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Using the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Migrated on-prem Cloudera platform to AWS EMR.
- Work on POC with AWS resources like EC2, S3, Glue, Athena.
- Created Architecture diagram for Airflow on AWS.
- Implemented the Airflow Application from scratch.
- Created Git Workflows and automated trigger for code promotion and movement through environment.
- Created CI/CD documentation for other team's reference and uploaded it to Confluence pages.
ENVIRONMENT: AWS EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, EMR, IAM, Code Deploy, Lambda, Cloud Watch, EBS, Directory Services, Route5, Jenkins, GIT, ECS, Docker, Cloud Formation.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
Devops / AWS Engineer
- Worked on Auto scaling , Cloudwatch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), Amazon S3 (storage) and Amazon EBS (persistent disk storage), RDS, VPN, VPC, ELM, Route53.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups- VCP, NAT) and deployment and EC2 Installs.
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch .
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Provide expertise and hands-on help, guidance to other engineers about cloud infrastructure, microservices container, application server configurations, Docker container management .
- Automated CI/CD process using Jenkins, build-pipeline-plugin, maven, GIT.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Created Terraform custom modules used to automate infrastructure deployment.
- Experience with Docker, ECS, ECR to handle Docker deployments .
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Strong experience with CI (Continuous integration) and CD (Continuous deployment) methodologies with Jenkins.
- Extensive experience on build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts to generate war & jar from source code.
- Experience using Terraform for Server Provisioning.
- Manage the development, deployment and release lifecycles by laying down processes and writing the necessary tools to automate the pipe.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and bash scripts .
- Using Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Creating Cloud Formation Scripts for hosting software on AWS Cloud and automating the installation of software through PowerShell Scripts.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins .
- Worked extensively with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA and Bugzilla .
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured kubernetes .
- Knowledge on DevTest and JMeter Performance testing tools and Dynatrace APM tool.
- Performed unit tests and integration tests of backend server using Java to ensure the platform reliability .
- Experience of Migration&deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Applications.
- Worked on Various Confidential Tools like, Artemis, BladeRunner, Hygieia, Hyperloop Pipeline, Bogie pipeline.
ENVIRONMENT: AWS EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, Redhat 6, IAM, Code Deploy, Lambda, Cloud Watch, EBS, Directory Services, Route5, Jenkins, GIT, ECS, Docker, Cloud Formation, Dynatrace.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Devops / AWS Engineer
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS , Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) , Auto Scaling groups.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups- CIDR's, VCP, NAT) and deployment and EC2 Installs.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2 and created detailed AWS Security groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWSEC2 instances.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python and Docker.
- Configured pipelines using Jenkins server as per application SDLC model.
- Worked with team of developers on Python applications for RISK management.
- Used Unit Test Python library for testing many Python programs and block of codes.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Involved in authoring Terraform scripts to automate and deploy AWS cloud services.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson3.3.3/Jenkins2.0 Continuous Integration Tools.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained New Branching strategies for development teams to support trunk, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, checkin policies, improving code quality, Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Maven3.3.9 as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Monitored the metrics such as response times and server resources such as Total Processor Time, Available Bytes and Process Bytes by using Performance Center Monitors, monitoring tool Dynamic and Dyna Trace.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk6.6, Nagios4.2.0 for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool TrendMicro Deepsecurity .
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker 1.12.1 coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx1.11.8.
- Ability to build automated scripts and coordinate with the software development team Comprehensive knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Worked on Apache2.2.34 and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking.
- Workflow collaboration and tool-chain automation.
Environment: : Java, RHEL, Amazon Linux AMI, Jenkins, SOAP, SOA,Ansible, Hudson, Maven,Kubernetes, Nagios, SQL, AWS, Terraform, Python, Subversion, Docker, Bash, NT Command Shell,Dyna Trace, Java/J2EE, Git, JIRA, XML.
Build and Release Engineer
- R el ea se Eng i ne er f or a t ea m t hat i nv ol v ed di f f er e nt dev el opm ent t eam s and m u l ti pl e s i m ult an eous soft w ar e r e l ea ses.
- Automate infrastructure using puppet to manage and deploy private cloud instances.
- Setup and Install Puppet workstation, Puppet Server and bootstrapping the Puppet Clients.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and deployed Linux and Ubuntu on AWS environment and Expertise in migrating applications onto AWS.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autoscalling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3.
- Resource management like installing packages, manage services needed to run, user management, cron job setup etc.
- Manage Puppet server in pushing the configure changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Redhat Kernel OS Patching.
- Redhat kernel upgrades storage provisioning/config and fix the boot issues using rescue mode.
- Use Veritas CLI operations in creating Disk Groups, Volumes, Plex and Subdisks.
Environment: Eclipse, RAID, Toad, Git, Tomcat, Apache, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, Openstack, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWSCloud Watch.
Build and Release Engineer
- Implemented a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline with Jenkins and GitHub
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Apache Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI server.
- Automated the bundling process and reduced all the manual intervention needed and merged that to the Jenkins job.
- Used Puppet for Configuration management spanning several environments and Created Puppet manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginxand other applications
- Used puppet to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a bamboo, Sonar server and Vagrant the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven etc.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Resizing volumes to meet customer requirement, dealing with logical Volume Manager (LVM) performance issues.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring on Red Hat Linux Systems.
Environment: Chef, Ruby, Puppet, IAC, TDD, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Jenkins, SVN, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN,Nginx, JAVA, J2EE, MySQL, Oracle WebLogic, LDAP, ACL, NIS, DNS, DHCP, FTP.
Junior Java Developer
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for Portal Applications.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps
- Good command in writing ANT scripts for making all the files local to the server.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Created deployment tickets using JIRA for build deployment in Production.
- Upgraded and maintained servers, operating Systems and patches.
- Monitored and fine-tuned system and network performance for server environment running Red hat Linux.
- Involved in working with WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that rise during the deployments to different environments.
- Implemented Clear Case and Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Communicated with all levels of engineering, management, development and test teams
Environment: Java, Tomcat, Tortise SVN, Ant, Jira, Java Beans, JDBC, Clear Case.