- Around 7 years of experience in IT industry as a DevOps Engineer with proven expertise in Automation, Build/Release Engineering and Software development involving cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google Cloud (GCP).
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Provisioning EC2 instances and have knowledge on all resource areas of EC2 like Instances, Dedicated hosts, volumes, Key pairs, Elastic IP's, Snapshots, Load Balancers and Security Groups.
- Experience on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service provider (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Cloud Platforms Azure (API Management Services, Data Factories, App Services, Data Lake Store, SQL Databases & Virtual Machines)
- Experience with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure.
- Experience in Designing, Architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based web applications using AWS and GCP.
- Good knowledge of UCM ClearCase, ClearQuest and experience with additional version control tools such as SVN, Perforce, CVS and TFS.
- Worked extensively on cross-platforms (Windows and UNIX) with UCM ClearCase, Subversion (SVN), TFS and GIT.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, and Power Shell scripts
- Experienced in trouble shooting, Configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in Websphere, Weblogic, and JBOSS/Tomcat, IIS.
- Installed and Configured the Jfrog Artifactory and Mission Control.
- Experienced in designing and implementing Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Page Object Model frameworks with Selenium.
- Good Expertise at using Selenium Synchronizations with conditional synchronization and unconditional synchronization (Implicit, Explicit) wait statements.
- Good Knowledge on Selenium Cross Browser Testing to check the application functionality and behavior over various browsers.
- Worked on Selenium grid to run multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems in parallel.
- Experience working with Apache Hadoop, Kafka, Spark and Log stash.
- Worked with Apache Kafka for High throughput for both publishing and subscribing, with disk structures that provide constant performance even with many terabytes of stored messages.
- Played a key role in automating the deployments on AWS using GitHub, Terraform, Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Perform server configuration management on apache products, MySql, and Weblogic using tools such as Puppet.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Worked in container based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Knowledge on Deploying Couchbase, Tomcat and Elastic search clusters using Docker.
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Experience with Mongo DB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks. Experience on Vagrant, AWS and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Process monitoring and debugging using tool such as Nagios.
- Create new iterations, new builds and deploy built requests using AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, S3, Bitbucket, and Git.
- Implemented CD pipeline involving Jenkins, Nexus, and Chef, Ansible to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Expertise on shell and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS, Azure Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts through Jenkins (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Efficient in working closely with Development, QA, Product and Business owner teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases across multiple platforms and environments.
- Adaptable, with effective cross-cultural communications skills.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and technical documentation skills and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Operating Systems: RHEL/Cent OS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server
Automation/Build/Configuration Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Puppet, Terraform, Selenium, Chef, Ant, Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Nexus.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Azure, GCP
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Database: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic, JBoss.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Version Control Tools: GitHub, Subversion.
Web Programming: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Followed Agile methodologies and implemented them on various projects by setting up Sprint for every two weeks and daily stand-up meetings.
- Extensively worked on automating infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services, deploying through puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2(AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Creating the file systems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process. Worked with different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Used Flume, Kafka to aggregate log data into HDFS.
- Developed a stream filtering system using Spark streaming on top of Apache Kafka.
- Designed a system using Kafka to auto - scale the backend servers based on the events throughput.
- Automating in Azure for creation of subscription, Storage Account and tables using Windows PowerShell.
- Use of Windows PowerShell scripts to bring up the resources i.e. VM’s, Installation of Dependent Software’s in it, and run up the orchestrated environment.
- Service Management Automation, Microsoft Azure Automation workflows using Microsoft Runbook.
- Responsible for implementing monitoring solutions in Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Worked with GitHub to manage source code repositories and performed branching, merging, and tagging depending on requirement.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and Worked on the GitHub.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS.
- Implementation of TFS Release Management
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Experienced with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.)
- Created continuous integration system using ANT, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Worked in container based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift.
- Point team player on Openshift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, modification of Buildconfigs, templates, Imagestreams, etc.
- Setting up huge Kubernetes platform with clusters and aiding various app teams.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, IBM Clear Quest.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Administered Websphere/Weblogic application Servers Confidential configuration level.
- Developed build scripts using ANT/MAVEN and Gradle as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Managing the Openshift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- Had very strong exposure using ansible automation in replacing the different components of Openshift like ECTD, MASTER, APP, INFRA, Gluster.
- Write terraform scripts from scratch for building Dev, Staging, Prod and DR environments
- Experience monitoring the servers using Nagios, Cacti and New Relic. Configured Docker containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, GIT, Terraform, GitHub, Kafka, Subversion, Python, Shell Script, PowerShell, Linux, ANT/Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, Agile, JIRA, RHEL, AWS, Tomcat, Bash Scripting, Groovy Scripting.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Strong hands-on on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Working on Migration of on-premise data to AWS RDS - MS SQL server and database.
- Integrated AWS DynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values items and backup the DynamoDB streams.
- Worked with application teams to install operating system, Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades as required. Integrated Kafka with Spark in sand box Environment.
- Responsible for Installing, setup and Configuring Apache Kafka and Apache Zookeeper.
- Create develop and test environments of different applications by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on AWS using Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Used Terraform scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances that were launched before.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Installed and Configured the Jfrog Mission control and integrated with different environments of Artifactory instances.
- Worked in automation of Software Configuration Management (SCM) including repository setup, branching, merging, release management processes.
- Installation and Configuration and Testing of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS.
- Worked on CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies by creating the master-slave architecture and integrating the Jenkins with various tools such as GIT, Sonar Qube, Junit, etc. by using different types of plugins available in Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins to create CI/CD pipeline for Artifactory using the plugin provided by Jfrog
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef. Automated centralized configuration using Puppet.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Wrote playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using Ansible. Ansible-vault encryption mechanism.
- Setup Chef Servers, Chef Workstations, and ChefNodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef Nodes. Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to Chef Nodes.
- Scripting in multiple languages on LINUX and Windows Batch, Shell script, PowerShell.
- Monitored System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
Environment: GIT, GITHUB, AWS, IAM, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Nginx, Ant, Maven, SonarQube, Microservices, Tortoise SVN, Bitbucket, Github, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Java, Agile, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF), Jboss, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python.
- Creating automated build and release environment using CI/CD Tools Jenkins/Rundeck/Chef.
- Created Chef Recipes for automating the deployment process.
- Written cook books to install JDK and WebLogic.
- Managed roles, environments, data bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Worked on Various AWS services like EC2, IAM, Cloud watch, RDS, Lambda, Route53, S3, SNS.
- Worked on Designing and approving the AWS architecture diagrams and release models.
- Managed Amazon Web Services infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible and Jenkins
- Monitoring the logs and security Using Ansible.
- Installed and Configured Tomcat Application Server on Solaris, AIX, Linux.
- Created and Maintained GIT repositories, branches and tags.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Designed and implemented subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Enforced development policies using GIT hooks and other metadata.
- Customized monitoring with Nagios & PNP4Nagios Graphs for both legacy and new environments.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Build Forge and deployed using workflows.
- Maintained and tracked inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Working closely with product engineers to prepare and automate the deployment of applications via Docker containers.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, and managing the directory structures and managing containers.
- To overcome the loss of Monolithic applications launched several Microservices which helped to maintain scale, deploy and resilence.
- Implemented Apache Jmeter and AppDynamics for testing the performance of applications/server/protocols.
- Perform the task of building script issues, implementing release deployment standards and fixing compilation issues.
- Handle the task of identifying and assisting in the design and implementation of necessary build tools to increase release efficiency.
- Worked with JIRA and Alfresco for ticket management and documentation for our Sprints.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Worked with UNIX and RHEL LINUX for enterprise environment for the POC environment.
Environment: GIT, GITHUB, Nexus, Maven, Gradle, PowerShell, AWS, CloudFormation, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python.
UNIX/LINUX Systems Administrator
- Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers.
- Installation and configuration of WebLogic and WebSphere application server.
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux Servers.
- Scheduled Various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using corntab.
- User Account Management, Group Account Management, configuring dumb terminals, adding modems, formatting and partitioning disks, manipulating swap, local and remote printer management, taking and restoring backup, scheduling jobs.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of Oracle database, EBS consisting Oracle Financials
- Troubleshooting backup and restore problems and performed day-to-day trouble shooting for the end users on Solaris and Linux based servers.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux / Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Expanded file system using Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in the fly in Solaris boxes.
- Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, cron jobs) UNIX based shell, Perl.
- Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the VMs on VMware vSphere 4.0.
- Decommissioning of the old servers and keeping track or decommissioned and new servers using inventory list.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Request Tracker) created.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24X7 technical supports.
- Configuration and troubleshooting - LAN and TCP/IP issues.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Oracle, Weblogic, Shell, MS Windows 2003 server.