Looking for Angular development opportunities in the San Francisco to San Jose areas, and the East Bay area. Remote opportunities welcomed
- I am responsible, self - directed, quick learner, confident, forward thinker who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus, discipline and minimal supervision.
- As a software engineer, I am passionate about building web applications that help and empower people.
- Working skills: Angular, TypeScript, AWS, Ajax RESTful API, responsive web design, unit testing.
- I have over 10 years of experience as a UI and full stack developer.
- My most complex project, in a leadership role, involved working with business analysts, managers, and understanding user’s requirements, to develop a custom application for the accounting department of a large bank.
- I am looking for a contract or full-time position as a software engineer where I will be challenged daily. Ideally, my assignments will involve learning new technologies and working with a team to solve real problems.
State Management Libraries: Angular-NgRx and NgRx-Data.
Component-oriented UI development: services, DI, inter-component communications.
Testing Frameworks, libraries and tools: Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, and Cypress.
CSS Preprocessor/Framework: SASS, Bootstrap, Material Design, Materialize CSS, Familiar with traversing and interacting with the DOM and manipulation techniques.Experience with Web UI Performance optimization for fast page load times. Experience interacting with JSON-based restful services. Familiar with Web Security concepts and Authentication models JWT and OAuth2. Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments.
Asynchronous programming: Observables, Promises.
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Senior Front End Application Developer
- Developed unit tests for Angular 6 using Jasmine, Karma, and Protractor for end-to-end.
- Working knowledge of debugging tools such as Chrome developer tools, Firefox, Safari.
- Interacted and effectively communicated with business partners and other IT staff.
- Acted as an information resource by providing assistance and support to team members.
- Used Angular 6, TypeScript, ES6, JS, HTML5, and CSS3 to style complex SPA pages.
- Used Angular Material Design and Bootstrap CSS Frameworks.
- Agile development shop, 2-week sprints, grooming stories, worked off product backlog.
- Used JIRA for managing stories; Bitbucket and Git for version control, pull requests, etc.
- CI/CD - Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using Jenkins, Webpack, Gulp.
- Various AWS on backend to support Angular HttpClient and RESTful APIs.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Angular UI Developer
- Worked on the Solutions Engineering team using Agile/Scrum development process.
- Used Angular 6 and Adobe Experience Manager to build custom templates and components for authoring and publishing web pages.
- Coded the design in CSS3 and LESS. UI elements included images and text.
- Used Angular 6 to create components containing the templates.
- Built templates that was used by authors for building web pages.
- Familiar with major capabilities of AEM, sites, assets, mobile, forms, and communities
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked on the Spark Engineering team.
- Researched feasibility of converting a published Spark web page to an Accelerated Mobile Page using Google’s Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) technology.
- Wrote scripts using NodeJS to execute and control the process of converting Adobe Spark Pages to AMP enabled pages.
Confidential, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Developed websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface.
- Tracked visitor traffic using Google Analytics.
- Hosted sites on my own domains and debugged any configuration issues by working with Internet hosting providers; webpages were monetized with Google Adsense; used SEO to optimize page rankings in the Google search engines; used social bookmarking and many other strategies for increasing high quality traffic to target web pages.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Residential Real Estate Development
- Worked as real estate developer, buying land, remodeling residential homes, and selling my properties.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Developer
- Designed Visual Basic application to map large mainframe flat files to MS SQL Server, Excel Reports.
- Files contained customer electronic checking account records for merchants - PayPal and eBay transactions.
- Worked with business analyst and accounting managers to design the application from concept to delivery.
- Migrated the generation of reports to digital from a paper-based system.
- Trained the managers to use the system.
- Trained developers to maintain and evolve the system.
- I volunteered with a non-profit organization that provides training for adults wanting to transition into the IT industry.
- I served on the Board of Directors, and helped to establish an alumni association network, keeping graduates connected with the organization and to serve as mentors for the students.