- 8+ years of experience in continuous integration(CI) and continuous deployment(CD) as well as responsible for monitoring, build and troubleshooting web - based applications primarily using Java, JEE based technologies and open source framework on Redhat, Linux and windows platforms. Profound knowledge of AWS Infrastructure services and DevOps processes.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Expertise working with the various AWS broad set of global cloud-based products such as Compute-EC2, Networking-VPC, Scalability-ELB, Auto Scaling, Storage and Archiving-EBS, S3, Glacier, Monitoring-Cloud Watch, Security-IAM, Management-Cloud Formation, AWS CLI-Filter, Query etc.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in Configuring IAM users, groups and roles to delegate access to users for required AWS resources.
- Experience with deployment, data security and troubleshooting of the applications using AWS services.
- Experience in provision of automation tools like Chef in addition to deployment tools like SVN, GIT, PVCS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Cruise Control and Jenkins.
- Experience in CI/CD system with Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy, Opsworks, and Packer.
- Involved in migrating team with the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with GitHub, Jenkins, and AWS AMIs.
- Have expertise in Cloud, Security, DevOps Automation, Linux, Windows, Active Directory, Exchange 2010.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell, Perl, Python, Bash and Ruby Scripts in merging, branching and automating the processes across the environments.
- Good experience for DevOps tool like Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS
- Designing and configuring the AWS Secure Notification Service (SNS) and Secure Email Service (SES) architecture of the solution and working with a client.
- Good experience with application monitoring tools like New Relic and Varnish Cache.
- Intermediate level working experience on ecommerce SAP Hybris platform.
- Knowledge and intermediate experience on DOCKER Containers.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA, Confluence and ServiceNow.
- Experience with Managed environments Dev, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies
Amazon Web Services: IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, SNS, SQS, SWF, OpsWorks, RDSCloudFormation, ELB, NACL, Security Groups, CloudWatchRoute53, Kinesis, Lambda.
Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Chef
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss
CI/ CD Tools: Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Nexus and Hudson
Containerization: Docker / Kubernetes
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
Programming Languages: Python, SQL
WebServers/App Server: Apache HTTP Server, Ngnix, Websphere App server
Network Protocols: : TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, Telnet, SSH, IPsec, SSL etc.
Operating System: Linux, Cent OS, Red Hat, Linux and Windows.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python
Sr. Devops/AWS Engineer
Confidential - Raleigh, NC
- Worked in the Agile development methodology.
- Worked with AWS components like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, launch Configurations, S3, Glacier, Lifecycle rules for storage, VPC, Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud Trial, Redshift, Volume and Snapshot management, SNS, IAM and Roles.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, LAMBDA, DynamoDB, Route53, EBS, EMR, AWS Aurora, Redshift, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling groups.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security groups, Auto-Scaling, Load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Guiding different teams to use the chef and its best practice.
- Working with configuration management tool CHEF, Responsible for writing cookbooks (ruby), managing roles, environments and data bags using CHEF.
- Responsible for making robust cookbooks using Rspec, Inspec and Rubocop testing frameworks.
- Responsible for configuring the kitchen and then testing cookbooks with internal cloud servers VRA (vRealize Automation).
- Working with JFROG Artifactory as repository management tool for managing artifacts and managing chef private supermarket.
- Working with chef compliance to manage several nodes. Configuring Audit cookbook with chef server and chef-compliance for continues compliance scanning.
- Responsible for managing and configuring Gerrit (GIT) as Source code management tool for code review and team code collaboration.
- Developed Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Jenkins was used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Implementing Jenkins for continuous integration and using Jenkins pipelines for testing cookbook's static code analysis and deploying the cookbooks.
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to deploy J2EE applications to Application servers from one environment to other environments.
- Worked with Docker containers. Worked on maintaining Docker repositories and images.
- Worked in the Agile development methodology.
Environment: Gerrit, Jenkins, Docker, Sonarqube, JFROG Artifactory, Chef, Chef-Compliance, VRA (vRealize Automation), and Oracle Virtual box, AWS.
DevOps / AWS Engineer
Confidential - Alpharetta, GA
- Oversaw distributed computing instrument AWS and the code in the Git (rendition controlling).
- Participated in outlining and sending a vast applications using the greater part of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) concentrating on high accessibility, adaptation to non-critical failure, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Git.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- In DNS have worked on the security services for a specific network that requires reverse name resolution to make it more difficult to launch successful attacks to launch the services.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Managed the Release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Worked using DHCP server which can assign Ip addresses to the clients.
- Helped in preventing an unauthorized laptops from using a network that uses DHCP for dynamic addressing.
- Managed IAM approaches, giving access to various AWS assets, plan and refine the work processes used to allow get to.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) stage cases utilizing Puppet, Chef Configuration administration.
- Create implementations and oversaw sending forms by means of Linux Deployment Management System and Puppet.
- Utilized Tomcat, servers for arrangements.
- Automated OS constructs and Application Installation through Puppet and Chef.
- Used Nagios for application and equipment asset observing.
- Composed new modules in Nagios to screen assets.
- Experienced on working and getting the data into a Splunk instance via forwarders.
Environment: GIT, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Ruby, Linux, Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Docker, Nagios, Splunk, Tomcat, Apache, Chef, Puppet, JIRA.
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Installed/ Configured/ Managed Puppet Master/ Agent and wrote custom modules and manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge and up gradation or migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Maintained and administered GITHUB Source Code Tool.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (Core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux Servers.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion and GIT.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Involved in creating Puppet modules using manifests. Uploading desired classes for the nodes (clients).
- Installed, Configured and Managed Jenkins CI Automation on Linux machines.
- Integrated GITHUB into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
Environment: Subversion, Java, GIT, Jenkins, Python, PHP, Linux, Apache, Maven, MySQL, Hadoop
Confidential, Birlasoft - IN
- Linux / UNIX administration and Enterprise Server Integration.
- Providing 24/7 support for on-call on Red Hat Linux, HPC Linux, LAMP, Ubuntu, Solaris and AIX environments.
- Configured certificates and Round Robin algorithm for optimization of web servers behind F5 Load Balancers.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Oracle RAC database.
- Configuration of LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Redis, PHP) web servers.
- Perform regular DBA activities including space management and performance monitoring.
- Jumpstart (JET) and kickstart for server builds
- Worked on Administration of the network servers DNS, NIS, NFS, and SENDMAIL.
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in Linux Servers.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for windows and Linux connectivity.
- Installed Web Logic 8.1 with SP5 Server and configured Domains, Admin and managed servers for Applications to be deployed.