- Proficiently skilled with 7 years of experience in installation, configuration and management of services in Linux environment. Automation of configuration management tools, build tools following Agile methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which include monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance in a cloud and the DevOps Environment with Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery process (CI/CD).
- Experience on Windows Servers 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and administrated User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory (AD ) as required after gaining required approvals.
- Expert on AWS cloud platform like the VPC, IG, Subnet, NACL, SG, EC2 Instances, NAT, Elastic IP’s, Route53, AMI, ELB, ASG, EBS, S3, Glacier, Snowball, Cloud Front, IAM, SNS, Dynamo DB, Lambda, DNS, Cloud Formation Templates, cloud watch monitoring.
- Provisioned AWS EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancer and Auto Scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and high available systems by writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience on AWS, Jenkins, ANT, Gradle, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, SVN, Maven and Nexus to build and save the artifacts.
- Worked on SQL Analysis services administration, Implementation of snowflake or star schemas in designing OLAP solutions.
- Experience with Azure offerings in corporate including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Migrated VM's with help of Hyper - V to Azure and chipped away at Azure administrations like IAM, Storage Blobs, SQL Database, API's, Scheduler, and CDN.
- Strong experience working with version control systems like Subversion and GIT and used source code management client tools like GitHub, Git GUI, CVS and other command line applications.
- Experience in pipeline of CI Jenkins, control version GitHub and CD Ansible/Chef to build and deploy end-product in the test and development environments. Implemented Jenkins Master-Slave setup to distribute the build load equally across all the nodes which will improve the performance of master.
- Expert in Building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Experienced with Design, code, debug operations, reporting, data analysis and web applications utilizing Python.
- Expertised in Python scripts to phase XML documents and load the data in database.
- Implemented Chef Workstation and Bootstrapped Nodes, created cookbooks and recipes using Ruby DSL and testing with Test kitchen, Food Critic, Chef solo for convergence.
- Experienced in writing the Python scripts using Openshift libraries to automate scaling and evacuating Openshift pods.
- Expert in using Maven, Gradle and Ant as build tools to deploy artifacts (jar, war, ear) from source code management tool like Git and SVN. Experience with branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the versions across different environment in GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket and SVN.
- Built custom Docker images by writing Docker file to run Jenkins, Apache Tomcat and MySQL as a service inside different Docker swarm cluster for the development, test and UAT environments.
- Experience in working with version control tools like Subversion, GIT, Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe and used Source code management tools like GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT.
- Experience in building and tagging custom Docker images with additional requested services and stored them in the private trusted repository.
- Experience in building containerized App server to run multiple Tomcat instances by writing Chef Cookbooks with the help of Docker.
- Experience in deploying Docker and Kubernetes containers on both private and public cloud using CI/CD pipeline for developers in different environments.
- Experienced on automated multi-tier application and local user provisioning in OpenStack cloud by writing Chef recipes using Ruby scripts.
- Created technical design and architectural and work flow documentation and managed JIRA Story boards for issues and workload using JIRA for Agile SDLC .
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, and Developing, Testing, and Implementing Post-production analysis of the projects.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Cloud: AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Engine (GCE)
Scripting: Bash, Shell, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML
Build/Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab.
Web/App Server: Apache, Nginx, IIS, TFS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server
WebTechnologies/ Programming Languages: HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting, Ruby, YAML
Confidential - Irving,TX
- Created and Configured Red Hat, Ubuntu Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2, ElasticIP, VPC, Subnets, Route tables, NAT gateway.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef, Puppet with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Daily administration of large-scale VMWare vSphere environments, Build and maintain the VMware vSphere Infrastructure
- Installed and supported ESXi 5.1 and 5.5 on HP and Dell hardware using vSphere and vCenter
- Utilized AWS lambda, kinesis, elastic cache and cloudwatch logs to automate the creation of log aggregation pipeline with Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana stack (ELK stack) to send all of our team's logs coming into cloudwatch, to process them and send them off to ElasticSearch.
- Involved in data migration to snowflake using AWS S3 buckets.
- Recreated existing SQL Server objects in snowflake, Also converted SQL Server mapping logic to Snow SQL queries.
- Built different visualizations and reports in tableau using Snowflake data.
- Performed vCenter upgrades and handled patch management by utilizing VMware Update Manager.
- Experience with build tools ANT and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml respectively.
- Installed & configured Samba on red hat and Linux for sharing with windows clients.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience in Creating secured cloud infra using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment on AWS.
- Set up ELB for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers ip's.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises datacenter with AWS Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN& Direct connect services.
- Scripting infrastructure and (Linux) machine provisioning from scratch using tools such as bash and the Ruby AWS-SDK.
- Working with Devops practices by AWS, Elastic Bean stalk & Docker with Kubernetes.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Built Continuous Integration process to run static code analysis tests, to ensure that the code is well maintained and secured, also minimize security vulnerabilities with holistic and layered approach with secure infrastructure, application architecture, continuous validation and monitoring.
- Maintained JIRA team Confluence System Engineering pages that included: Process Flow Management, Team Requirements, Roles and Responsibilities, and COP User Metrics Participated is customer weekly JIRA progress updates.
Confidential - Denver, CO
- Proficient with Multi AZ Components in AWS like VPC, Subnet, Internet Gateway, Route Tables, Security Groups, NACL, AMI, EC2, IAM, RDS with Replication, S3 for Object and Static Webpages, Auto Scaling of Micro Services hosted on ECS, ELB and ALB to load balance and health check.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets, creating policies and the IAM role based polices and Created monitors, alarms for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch and enabled notification service through SNS.
- Migrated and deployed snowflake applications to EC2 with Chef.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) to create custom sized VPC , subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and Migrated applications to the AWS cloud. Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Knowledge in managing multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repositories and creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Developed Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format using Cloud formation designer console to setup various AWS resources such as EC2, VPC, S3, IAM and RDS .
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS , along with docker container creation process for each GitHub branch gets started on Jenkins as Continuous Integration (CI) server.
- Configured AWS services such as Auto-Scaling to build flexible and high-scalable systems that can handle heavy loads. Implemented Dynamic scale of EC2 instances to automatically increase number of EC2 instances during a demand spike.
- Developed Terraform scripts which integrates numerous services on AWS like EC2 instances for different computational needs, RDS to configure SQL databases, DynamoDB to configure NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, and SNS for Notifications of critical issues.
- Wrote multiple programs in Python to monitor virtual machine usage data using VMWare API calls and Created script in Python for calling REST APIs .
- Wrote a program to use REST API calls to interface with backup server, and parse output reports of an Excel file in Python to monitor customer backup usages.
- Utilized AWS Beanstalk for conveying and scaling Web Applications and administrations created with PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on Application servers like Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss .
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2 and Database Security Groups, S3 Bucket and application configuration, created scripts of single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Managed Openshift container platform, that provides a self-service for users, also automated the software delivery process to achieve continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Experienced in working with components of AWS with Terraform, creating and managing the AWS components EC2, Security groups, VPC, ELB. Chef is used as the provisioning tool along with Terraform.
- Hands-on with Terraform key features such as Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation, IaaS and used Auto scaling configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying Microservices.
- Utilized Python and bash with BOTO3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for EBS volumes backing AMI's and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks. Written Terraform scripts to automate multi-region AWS provisioning.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Build AWS Infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform from Code (Infrastructure as code).
- Integrated on-premises Active Directory (AD) user data, groups and organizations to sync to Azure AD and trouble-shooted services sync with on-premise AD and resync using the Azure tools.
- Provisioned Azure resource groups and resources like SQL Database, Web App, Storage Account, Redis Cache, Virtual Machine, IoT Hub and HDInsight using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) by integrating with Jenkins.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks to automate Docker Image build and utilized Jenkins to auto push the image to Docker HUB, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Configured Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then configured Kubernetes by developing the Pod definitions, Deployments and managed using API server.
- Automated creation of the Docker images by configuring Docker Maven Plugin and pushed them in to the Private Docker registry. Developed Jenkins pipeline to run various Docker-machine commands to deploy the containers on different container optimized EC2 instance types.
- Good knowledge in using apache Airflow and snowflake data warehouse to ingest flume s3 data.
- Automated deployment of the Kubernetes cluster on to the AWS using KubeAdm with Multiple Master to increase the availability, interacted with the API server by running Kubectl commands to perform rolling deployments of the newly patched Docker images.
- Created and maintained Docker container clusters conducted by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on GCP. Utilized kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD pipelining system to build, test and deploy.
- Monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) Stack . Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3 .
- Experienced in installation, configuration and management of HTTP, NGINX, NTP, NFS, FTP, DHCP, DNS and configured the Firewall rules to enable service communication with different applications.
Confidential - Rochester,MN
- Experience on design and configure multitude applications using most of the AWS stack (VPC, EC2, Route53, S3 buckets, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, EBS) focusing on High-Availability, Fault Tolerance and Auto-Scaling.
- Configured Security groups for inbound/outbound access, network ACLs for controlling traffic through subnets, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route Tables to direct the network traffic and to ensure secure zones for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins software and services configuration via Chef cookbooks.
- Automate of Environment Builds (provision and configuration management) by developing the Chef Recipes and Cookbooks in Ruby by integrating with GitHub, Jenkins and AWS.
- Integrating various Version control tools, build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation templates(CFT), wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and involved in using terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to AWS.
- Utilized Terraform in AWS VPC to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Used Chef to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users and Mount points. Integrated Terraform with Chef, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure.
- Extensively used Docker/Kubernetes for containerization, virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering and Involved in Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform scripts from Jenkins.
- Configured Continuous Integration by setting up Build and test automation Jobs in Hudson/Jenkins by pointing to
- Orchestration and UI layer Repositories in GitHub/Subversion.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle.
- Configured the Kubernetes provider with Terraform which is used to interact with resources supported by Kubernetes to create several services such as Config Map, Namespace, Volume, Auto scaler, etc.
- Integrated GitHub, Bitbucket (Git based) with Jenkins by configuring Web hooks, Installed and Configured Junit plugin to perform unit testing on the source code, Sonarqube to perform code coverage and checking the duplication of a code, build tools like Maven/Gradle/Ant to build the artifacts and upload it on to Binary repository tools like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Implemented LAMP stack image in multitier AWS instances in different subnets in Amazon VPC, attached NACL’s and Security Groups to maintain high security.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins to automate builds and deployments, as well as troubleshooted build issues in Jenkins, performance and generating metrics on master's performance along with jobs usage.
- Created Ansible playbooks for various automation purposes like file copy, permission changes, configuration changes, path specific folder creation, etc. and written playbook using Ansible modules such as yum, Copy, File, get url, git, ping, service, template, debug, synchronize.
- Integrated Jenkins with Packer to build the AMIs with latest version of the war file and Middleware like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic etc.
- Developed Ansible playbooks with various MySQL, MS SQL modules to run SQL Database migration scripts to perform A/B testing with the newly deployed applications in the Staging environment. WebSphere, WebLogic defined in Packer.json file and later triggered the Terraform scripts to create the stack on the AWS cloud environment.
- Configured Jenkins to automatically handle deployment and creation of Ansible playbooks in YAML format to spin up and configure application servers like tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Installed and configured Ansible plugin with Jenkins, developed Ansible custom modules to automate various regular maintenance work on AWS Cloud environment.
- Developed Chef cookbooks to Install and configure Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic servers on the AWS EC2 instances to create development and test environments. Version controlled the cookbooks using GitHub and tested the cookbooks using Test Kitchen, Chef Solo, Chef Spec.
- Worked on Python scripts to automate AWS services which include web servers, EC2, ELB, S3 bucket, Cloud front Distribution, database security groups and application configuration.
- Implemented Boto3 python script to integrate the application, library of the Amazon services like Compute (Amazon EC2), Storage (Amazon S3) and Amazon DB. Configured the Boto3 script to have dynamically generated by JSON model to elaborate APIs.
- Developed AWS Lambda functions to trigger the creation of new instances on AWS, deploy the new war file and to create the AMI. Developed Cloud formation templates which use the new AMI to do the Immutable deployments on to AWS by updating the stack, verifying the change set and trigger the stack creation.
- Integrated Jenkins with GIT and Maven to create a pipeline of building and deploying the artifacts by pulling Puppet manifests from the version control GIT using webhook and storing them into Nexus/Artifactory.
- Used configuration management tool Puppet to write manifests to maintain consistent configuration across all the servers to avoid configuration drift by installing specific client requested packages.
- Deployed and administrated scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) using configuration management tool chef for development and test environments.
- Good knowledge in Implementation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application configured with Apache/Tomcat/Nginx, samba & send mail, Web sphere application servers and postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Configured and maintained GIT source code tool and created branches, tags and merged in GIT repository and triggered push and pull requests from Jenkins. Automated the weekly deployments using CI tool Jenkins with integrated GIT version control system to automate the code check-out process.
- Automated deployment of Web and Application servers like WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat on public and private cloud using CI/CD tools.
- Provisioned build environment for various products in Linux, Ubuntu, SUN Solaris, AIX environments and implemented the Release practice and responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT / UAT.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat and MySQL database for the application team and performed planned weekly and monthly maintenance task on the servers.
- Highly experienced with Windows OS administration and clustering support, VMware related planning, and scoping of physical servers that could be converted to virtualized instances such as Exchange 2007/2010 mailbox servers, Windows based Oracle Database servers and Active Directory servers.
- Deployed and configured VMware ESXi and designed templates to provision VMs and Implemented ESXi hosts utilizing vCenter Server. Created templates for cloning of virtual machines using VMware Virtual Client and migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Configured the network details using vSphere client and installed required software in RHEL environment. Integrated, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using YUM server and satellite server.
- Performed initial validation of Avoid software products on virtual servers. Focusing on VMware vSphere and Hyper-V hypervisors (primarily VMware). Working with other groups to maintain validation.
- Good understanding of VMware Networking concepts like building vSwitches, with several types of port groups and experienced in Patch Management of ESXi Hosts using VMware Update Manager.
- Experience in the V2V and P2V migration of Physical servers to VMware ESXi hosts and worked with datacenter support team and vendor to perform physical server hardware upgrade and replacement activity.
- Configured the vSphere Virtual Machine File System to give high performance cluster file system for ESXi virtual machines.
- Installed and configured hardware RAID card to achieve high availability and fault tolerance in event of disk failure using different RAID methods like Raid 01, RAID 5 and RAID 1.
- Created, monitored and managed VMware snapshots and SnapMirror to restore the VMs to a consistent state from the corrupt/failed state.
- Configured Logical Volume manager to create, extend and maintain volumes and check the partitions of the disk space.
- Provided and maintained user access in VMware virtual Center, configuring mail alert for any failure in HA, DRS, CPU and memory.
- Automated the planned patching process for server validations (reboot time, uptime, etc.) after monthly security updates. Troubleshooted data and network issues of over 600 Windows Servers utilizing multiple technologies to include SQL, Exchange, DHCP, DNS, DFS, IIS, FTP, SharePoint, Domain Controllers, and Active Directory.
- Provided Remote Support and administration on network for internal and external clients using tools like Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (RDP).
- Configured RAID 1, RAID 01 and RAID 5 to avoid system/application downtime in the event of disk failure.
- Good knowledge on performance monitoring tools TOP, NETSTAT, SAR, IOSTAT to keep track of CPU, memory, disk and network devices status.
- Expert in using filter tool AWK, SED, GREP, EGREP and FGREP.
- Troubleshooting OS/Hardware related issues and monitor server health on a day-to-day basis to maintained maximum uptime and high performance for Enterprise Production, Development, and QA environment servers.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintenance, and support of the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 5.x, Solaris.
- Performed installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red Hat Linux.
- Designed and tested a Disaster Recovery solution for all business-critical applications and systems, including Linux and Solaris systems.
- Managed and integrated data backup/recovery solutions. Managed and configured VMware virtual machines running Oracle/Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Hardened Linux Server, building, installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, and bug fixes on both physical and virtual RHEL servers.
- Configured Red Hat Enterprise Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes utilizing clusters.
- Performed Enterprise server updates, patching, upgrade, and package installations using RPM and YUM.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues using Enterprise software like Splunk, RHEL monitoring tools
- Worked on Linux logical volume (LVM), creating volume group, logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Integrated JIRA with Jenkins with regards to Release Notes creation and updates.
- Wrote and modified scripts using bash, SSH for day-to-day administration.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, and Active directory.
- Wrote Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.