- Overall 8+ years of experience managing servers in multiple operating systems and platforms, working in physical and virtual servers , experience in public, private and hybrid clouds, hardware, infrastructure, and technical leading teams.
- 2 years of experience in PaaS with RedHat Openshift Containers Platform. Architecting, installing and configuring the platform using tools and technologies like Ansible, Nagios, Bash scripting, Git, ElasticSearch, Fluentd, Logstash, Kibana, Cassandra, Hawkular - Metrics, Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager.
- 2 years of experience with MicroServices using Docker Linux Containers, Kubernetes , Openshift, deploying applications in multiple public and private clouds like Microsoft Azure , Amazon Web Services, VMWare, vCloud, Openstack and Bare-Metal Servers.
- 3 years of experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux and open source technologies, installing and configuring different services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, Proxy, NTP .
- Experience with performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
- 1 year of experience in Agile developing for Openshift being part of a Scrum Development team.
- Experience working with developers and helping them to migrate applications from traditional IT to microservices using containers.
- 3 years of experience deploying virtual servers in public clouds like Amazon Web Services or Azure
- 5 years of experience on Infrastructure as a Service creating Virtual Machines in VMware , KVM and deploying instances in Openstack, installing Operating System, configuring Network, Storage. Complying with security rules and policies.
- Experience migrating virtual to virtual and physical to virtual servers using tools like
- 5 years of experience , applying best practices to VMware infrastructure and Windows Servers.
- Experience working in projects at customer sites in Mexico , Germany , Hungary and US .
- 8 years of Experience in ITIL processes like Change Management , Incident Management , Problem Management , Configuration Management .
- 8 years of Experience automating tasks using different tools like Excel Macros, Windows Powershell, Bat and Bash scripting, VMware PowerCLI, HP Automation , Ansible
- 3 years of experience with Active Directory , Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise
- Teamworking, self-learning, like to learn and share knowledge with team members.
Technologies: Openshift, Grafana, AlertManager, Prometheus, Cloudforms, Openstack, Ansible, Git, ElasticSearch, Fluentd, Logstash, Kibana, Cassandra, Hawkular-Metrics, Nagios, Jenkins, DNS, LDAP, DHCP, Proxy, NTP
Server Operating Systems: RedHat Enterprise Linux (6,7), Debian, Microsoft Windows Server (from )
Hypervisors: VMware, KVM, Oracle VM
Tools: Windows, MacOS, Linux (Ubuntu), Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), Git, Asana, Jira, Scrum, Confluence
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Open Shift Engineer
- Installation and configuration of Prometheus, Alertmanager and Grafana Stack for Openshift platform monitoring and auto-healing.
- Working with a team configuring different alerts for Servers, OS, Openshift Platform, components and applications.
- Creation and configuration of dashboards and graphs based on Prometheus information to show the current status of Openshift components, containers, pods, quotas, etc.
- Installation, configuration of Openshift components to enable monitoring, cluster metrics components like hawkular-cassandra, hawkular-metrics, heapster.
- Use of tools for project management and documentation jira, confluence.
- Implementation of different exporters to get metrics of the Openshift components and servers.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, RedHat Openshift, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana.
Open Shift Engineer
- Installation of different Openshift environments in VMware vCloud using Ansible playbooks, troubleshooting during the installation, configuration of DNS services, LDAP services.
- Working with Roambee Development team in California to migrate their applications from AWS to Openshift Platform, support pushing their docker images into the registry, support creating BuildConfig and DeploymentConfig Files, creating services and routes.
- Openshift Platform installation, configuration and administration for BMW environments in Germany, US and China.
- Incident resolution working closely with Development teams, analyzing logs, performance and supporting the application team or tunning the platform.
- Troubleshooting Openshift router operation, analyzing stats with different projects to determine the bottleneck
- Troubleshooting Openshift EFK stack for central logging.
- Automation of server and platform operational tasks using bash scripting and ansible.
- Cloudforms environment installation with Virtual Appliances in Openstack and configuration with container providers.
- Creation and Follow-up of RedHat Cases to solve problems/bugs with the Openshift Platform or OS.
- Cluster harmonization and stabilization installing patches and specific package versions.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, RedHat Openshift, RedHat CloudForms, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker
- VMware implementation for several and different customers
- Installation, support and Maintenance of physical and virtual environments for Audi Mexico
- Installation of Exchange 2010 infrastructure and Server configuration for Volkswagen México
- Project, Consulting and Implementation of Servers for local customers
- Implementation of virtual environments for National Grid and One America
- Change, Problem and Incident management to provide Infrastructure and Operating Systems in Compliance with Security Rules and Policies.
- Microsoft Failover Cluster role installation, configuration and testing for different applications for Audi México
Environment: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016, Openstack