- Around 7 + of experience in DevOps engineer, Software Configuration, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments and Linux Administration.
- Currently working as DevOps engineer/Build and release implementing applications using RTC, Make file, Python, Maven Perl, Jenkins, GIT, CAN messages, Docker and Batch Files to achieve continuous integration and continuous Deployment .
- Configuration and Build/Release Management Maven, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, OpenStack,Ant, Maven, GIT, CVS, SVN.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like GIT, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, SubVersion, Fisheye and Nexus.
- Good experience in automated deployment tool Nolio.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Checkstyles, FindBugs, PMD, Cobertura with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Good experience in automated deployment tool RTC, GIT, OpenShift, Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Experience in administering and supporting the CM tools including Subversion and CVS on UNIX environments.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Experience in Gradle Build tool and understanding the artifactory and repo structure
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation scripting like, OpenShift, ANT, Bash, Chef, rundeck, Puppet and Azure, UNIX .
- Possesses knowledge of IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms (Preferably with Openstack/VMWare/Openshift/AWS)
- Good Knowledge in Make files, Bash, Perl, Groovy and Python scripting.
- Extensive experience in working with Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat application servers.
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Hands on experience in building continuous delivery environments using Jenkins, GIT/GitHub and Collaboration tools, AWS Cloud formation and Puppet.
- Excellent communication skills ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Good interaction with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
- Good knowledge of implementing business rules using SOA 11g, Java and Jbos Fuse.
- Hands on experience in writing and executing Unit test cases.
- Participated in performance tuning and code optimization.
- Excellent skills in relationship management with clients during the project development life cycle and deliver the product within time line, cost and quality.
- Strong communication, planning and problem - solving skills, with ability to work independently or with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in team settings, explain technical needs and provide training across departments
- Proven record of accomplishment, demonstrating innovative and unique designing skills, computer proficiency, ability to work in a stressful environment with projects and interaction with every team member.
Web/App Server: WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic
DevOps Tools: Chef, AWS, Sonar Cube, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Dockers, RIO, PIE/Compute cloud, lambda, EC2, S3, Terraform.
IDE/Clients Tools: GIT Hub.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Radar.
Scripting: Shell, Batch, Groovy, Python.
Database: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MySQL, DynamoDB.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, z/OS, Mac OS.
Confidential, New York
Cloud- DevOps Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to- day Subversion support for different projects.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with CI Tools like Jenkins
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to Confidential WebSphere application servers.
- Configured Git repositories in CI setup in Jenkins.
- Involved in design, implementation and modifying the Python code.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, Quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Created images stored in the Docker container and uploaded to Docker hub.
- Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plugin for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Working on Chef scripts to automate the infrastructure.
AWS & Cloud-DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom-sized VPC , subnets, EC2 instances, ELB , security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail, New Relic and Datadog Monitoring tools and also Worked on Simple Storage Service (S3), Simple Notification Service (SNS) and CloudWatch.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Migrated services from a managed hosting environment to AWS including service design, network layout, data migration, automation, monitoring, deployments and cutover, documentation, overall plan, cost analysis, and timeline.
- Used API's, chef, python and AWS CloudFormation Templates, migrated and automated cloud deployments.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture (AWS Lambda) and deployed it via Terraform . Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service .
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Used Hybrid cloud environment for application deployments using OpenStack cloud and worked within the cloud for Integration process and used OpenStack to build cloud labs for application deployment for Testing Environments.
- Designed and architected cloud application deployment in OpenStack with Nova, Neutron , Keystone command line clients.
- Involved in setting up Kubernetes ( k8s ) clusters for running microservices and Implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within OpenStack allowing for easy management, creation & recovery of OpenStack assets.
- Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Cobbler . Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks , recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat , JDK , and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment directly into Azure VM by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef . Setting up Chef Infra , bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes , node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Dealt with Docker Hub , making Docker Images and taking care of various Images essentially for middleware establishments.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Set up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and Pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Used Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git , for implementing Continuous Integration from scratch and optimize the Continuous Integration using Jenkins and troubleshoot the deployment build issues.
- Included Vulnerability Detection as part of the CI/CD workflow using Jenkins Pipelines, SonarQube Quality Gates. Installed Jenkins /Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository.
- Automated the Build Infrastructure for deploying services in dockerised environment using Jenkins , SonarQube , Maven , Groovy , Job DSL , Docker and Splunk .
- Experience in using Kafka for building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps.
- Used ELK stacking to monitor the logs for detailed analysis and worked on dashboarding using Elastic, Logstash & Kibana ( ELK ). Used ELK to setup real time logging and analytics for Continuous delivery pipelines & applications.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, and written maven scripts and shell scripts to automate the build process. Daily maintenance of GIT source repositories and builds.
- Developed Power shell scripts to automate web application servers and automation of the build and release process and to automate certain processes for the smooth process of build tool like Maven .
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool such as Chef. Designing cloud hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Worked on AWS cloud to provision new instances, S3 Storage Services, AWS EC2 , Cloud watch services and CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins and Created IAM policies for administration in AWS to assist type applications
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Responsible for building and configuring a virtual Data Centre in AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data warehouse hosting.
- Configuration of Ansible modules for AWS cloud deployment. Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Automated deployment using configuration Management tool like Chef to provision AWS EC2 Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management and Chef servers, chef work stations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes.
- Provisioning and Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and for branching purpose
- Providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence and JIRA and Used Git with Jenkins to integrate to automate the code checkout process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation. Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool Puppet.
- Worked on setting up Linux servers for Oracle Real Application Clusters and configuring SAN based mount points and Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions.
Build & Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Worked in Agile Project management Process, JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring and with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post-development environments.
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apace Tomcat Server, Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT and GIT Hub .
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool. Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Artifactory, Perforce & GIT server .
- Worked on Branching, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tools ( GIT ) and Setting up the GIT repos for Bamboo build jobs.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Maintained multiple Modules in Puppet by converting production support scripts to Puppet Manifests to automate the configurations in servers.
- Created a custom puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules.
- Developed Puppet scripts for an automated server provisioning and reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for ANT builds. Created and modified build configuration files including Build.xml .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in to move from one environment to other environments.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments
- Involved in writing Ant and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process. Installing, upgrading and configuring Linux Servers using Kickstart as well as manual installations and the recovery of root password.
DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes as required in the environment.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- On boarded and migrated test and staging use cases for applications to AWS cloud with public and private IP ranges to increase development productivity by reducing test - run times.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch .
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in the AWS cloud .
- Bootstrapping instances using chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances , set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB) and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Creating S3 buckets , also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS .
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management , Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto and fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes, also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Expert Knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting , Automation of Cronjobs .
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. .
- Maintain and trouble shoot systems performance and network monitoring using tools like Nagios, and AWS services such as Cloud watch, Cloud Trail.