- Experience in creating company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- 5+ years of professional experience as System Administrator/ Engineer incorporating administration, implementation and application - product support under RHEL 5.X/6.x/7.x,7.0,7.1,7.2,7.3,7.4, CENTOS 7.0,7.1,7.2,7.37.4, Sun Solaris (9/10/11), Windows server, AIX, DevOps &AWS cloud.
- Extensively involved in DevOps, Build & Release, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Monitoring, and Automation using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Dockers AWS, Azure, Nagios, SVN, GIT, Tomcat, Linux etc.
- Experience working on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormationAWS Config, Autos calling, CloudFront, IAM, S3.
- Setup monitoring and alerting mechanisms for AWS and private data center infrastructure.
- Experience in writing Chefcookbooks to automate our build/deployment process to improve the infrastructure scalability performance.
- Experience creating and maintaining Splunk reports, dashboards, forms, visualizations, alerts.
- In depth knowledge of DataStax Cassandra and experience with installing, configuring and monitoring cluster
- Created playbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Involved in designing, capacity planning and implementing multi-rack Cassandra cluster.
- Experience in Installing, configuring/administeringJenkins CI tool on Linux machines and adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, Gradle, ANT, and Puppet.
- Excellent understanding and hand-on expertise in creating new Custom resources in Kubernetes
- Worked on setting up CI (continuous Integration) in TFS and Jenkins
- Experience with independent Spark clusters, Spring, Tomcat, and MongoDB.
- Adding servers to the domain and monitoring them using Nagios.
- Logging experience - (Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana) ELK Stack
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clearcase.
- Actively worked on Docker and deploying and maintaining Micro services in Dev&QA environment.
- Used Kibana for visual analysis of data where created a dashboard including pie, stack charts.
- Experience in large-scale IaaS virtualization environments using technologies such as VMware VCAC, Microsoft Azure Stack with Hyper-V, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Written code in java, groovy and rat pack for cirrus micro services in order to have flexible call back, polling mechanisms between external micro services.
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like Github, SVN.
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
- Proficient in deploying Java applications to QA, QA2, STAGE, UAT and PRODUCTION environments.
- Experience working with XLR (Xebia Labs Release), deployment automation tool. Automated release process by creating the templates, used Groovyscripts as preconditions.
- Migrated monolithic Jenkins to Mesos and pointed all services to new pipeline branch.
- Deployed several Kafka services, micro-services and Elastic search services on Docker containers.
- Worked on deployable war and ear files from source code utilizing Maven, Gradle and Ant as a Build Tool.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions (using scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Groovy, JSON, etc.)
- Deployed various applications using UCD (Urban Code Deploy), which is an IBM tool. Also deployed various Oracle, DB2, SQL components using Jenkins into respective environments.
- Enabled end to end CI/CD pipeline for Java based applications using Jenkins, Bitbucket, and Artifactory.
- Wrote Docker files and created images out of it as well as pulling and pushing Docker images to various environments from Docker Hub Registry.
- Worked on Monitoring and alerts tools like Zabbix and Sensu.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Docker swarm.
- Worked on Docker Enterprise Edition, which includes Docker Engine, Docker Swarm, UniversalControlplane(UCP), Docker Trusted Registry(DTR)
- Involved in maintaining and editing Groovy scripts for application deployment automation. Also, involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Created and Configured the CI/CD pipeline for deploying Micro-Services and functions using Jenkins.
- Experience using Service Now for Emergency Change Requests in Production environments.
- Performed Branching, Tagging using version control tools like GIT and Bitbucket
- Implemented XRAY tool , which scans artifacts for vulnerabilities , in the Artifactory
- Wrote groovy scripts as part of BODEautomation which automated whole build & deploy process.
- Worked on Atlassian tools like Jira, Bitbucket and confluence.
Environment: Docker, Dockerswarm v19.03, MesosJenkins 1.0.0 . XLR (Xebia Labs Release) v9.0, Red Hat Linux 6.x, 7.x, CentOS, Ubuntu 13.04, 16.04, VMware 5.x, 6.x, Nagios, Git v2.23.0 VERITASNetBackup, Korn Shell, Artifactory v6.14.1, Bitbucket v 6.6, Jira v4.0 ServiceNow
Confidential - Downey, LA
- Worked on spinning up the Openshift 3.4/3.5/3.6/3.7 and Kubernetes platform 1.5/1.6/1.7 cluster.
- The operation and support of Openshift Enterprise and Docker Cloud services.
- Experience in vSphere ESXi 5.x, 6.x host and creating and managing VM’s on VMware VCenter.
- Worked on Installation, configuration and upgrade of Apache, JBOSS, and Web sphere, MQSeries, Oracle & IBM Databases on the RHEL and through Puppet.
- Designed a patch process and wrote Ansible playbooks for patching Openshift, atomic os and also bug fixes for Openshift.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swam.
- Worked on Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Worked on setting up multiple provider projects using Enterprise OpenShift container platform.
- Administer OpenShift Enterprise v2 and v3 for cloud operational services.
- Built applications in OpenShift with persistent storage using binary builds
- The User API's authenticated using OpenShift and Kubernetes and authorized them based on their role and authenticated for both developers and administrators.
- Worked on setting up multiple provider projects using Enterprise OpenShift container platform.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Experienced in installing and configured open source tools like Nagios, OSSEC, Splunk for server monitoring and infrastructure monitoring.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins &Maven as build framework tools.
- Worked Open Stack Databases like MySQL, Maria DB.
- Initiated and troubleshooted Continuous Delivery builds in Jenkins via JIRA tickets
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Launched and configuredAmazonEC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux) and configured servers for specific applications.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Puppet extensively to configure servers with Users, Keys and security configurations
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and Docker to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Combined Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation to automate the deployment using JSON framework.
- Configured OpenShift applications using build secrets and configuration maps
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Environment: Openshift 3.6,3.7, Red Hat Linux 6.x, 7.x, CentOS, Ubuntu 13.04, 16.04, VMware 5.x, 6.x, Nagios, VERITAS NetBackup, Korn Shell, Puppet, Docker, Scripting, web servers, Active Directory, AWS, Jenkins, Git, SVN, Web services, Splunk, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, WebLogic server, VMware Infrastructure 4/5, MySQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Performed key support activities to install, configure, secure, upgrade, patch, troubleshoot, maintain, tune, monitor, manage and provide 24X7 on-call support of the UNIX / Linux server infrastructure.
- Working on mail server, Apache reverse proxy, customized ftp service, vsftp.
- Worked with system, network, security, and storage engineering teams to prepare and configure new servers for the VMware ESX environment.
- Configures DNS, NFS, FTP, Apache, HTTPS, DHCP remote access, and security management.
- Performed backup and recovery of all systems, configurations, applications and data in the data center environment using NetBackup and other backup and recovery systems
- Administered VMware environment, evaluated and implemented new hardware and software solutions that benefited architecture and operations
- Configured NFS server to share resources across multiple servers
- Installed and configured Puppet and assisted DevOps teams in automation using various DevOps tools like Puppet, Jenkins and GIT.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 9/10 on Sun Servers using Jumpstart and RedHat Linux 5.x Servers using Kick start
- Worked on installation and configuration of Puppet, which was later used for the automation of the infrastructure.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, LDAP and Samba Web servers on Sun Solaris, and Red HatLinux platforms
- Managed the member server, a server which hosts services like IIS, DNS, and DHCP
- Provided the backup and recovery of the files and data, worked on windows firewall, terminal server, troubleshooting the computer related problems
Environment: RedHatLinux 4.x, 5.x, SUN Solaris 8,9,10, E250, E10K, E4500, Nagios, Sun Storage Array NAS and SAN, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Backup, Recovery, IIS (HTTP & FTP)
Confidential, McKinney, Texas
- Created Dev, Staging and Production environment on AWS and managed AWS environment including creating new instances.
- Worked on AWS service to create, launch, configure EC2 instance, worked on S3, RDS, Auto Scaling, SES, SQS, VPC, to build given architectures.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub , Puppet, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Implemented Puppet for Package and configuration management.
- Experienced building infrastructure using Puppet automation, and install SSL certs through secure https port on Red hat Linux servers.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Configured, Documented and Demonstrated inter node communication between Cassandra nodes and client using SSL encryption.
- Experienced in automated deployment (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation), and server less architecture AWS lambda and AWS services.
- Worked across both private (OpenStack) and public clouds (Amazon AWS).
- Deployed and Supported Development infrastructure to include, Ansible, MySQL, Jenkins, GIT and ELK Stacks.
- Implemented a Continuous delivery framework using Bamboo, Ansible, Maven in Linux Environment.
- Created and maintained fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Octopus Deploy and PowerShell.
- Research, evaluate and provide infrastructure automation solution on cloud for persistent and transient compute platforms using Terraform.
- Implementing Grafana plugins for designing metric-based analytics and monitoring
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS.
- Provisioned AWSS3 buckets for backup of the application and sync this contents with remaining s3 backups, by creating entry for AWS S3 SYNC in crontan.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins&Maven as build framework.
- Worked on Repository management through GIT and SVN
- Configured CI/CD environment using Jenkins, SVN, Ant by creating a pipeline for creating an image pushing it into DTR and spinning up containers from it.
- Worked on import and export tools provided by Wind River for OpenStack deployment.
- Implemented and maintained Puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings spanning several environments in the AWS cloud.
- Kubernetes 1.9.0 was used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, management of Docker Containers.
- Created complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from GitHub to regression report generation.
- Managed cloud software deployments, with a focus on continuous integration and deployment using GitHub, Jenkins, SVN, Maven and Bamboo.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions
- Used Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Migrated all build jobs from Hudson to Jenkins.
- Maintained legacy ANT build files, store them in NEXUS web server for backup.
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers (HP ProLiant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series), HP-UX, AIX Solaris 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.3, 6.1, Grafana, Puppet, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, SAN (NetApp), Blade Logic, Shell programming, GIT, SVN, JBoss
DevOps Engineer/ System Engineer
- Experienced on writing Chef Cookbooks for deploy web applications on production environment
- Worked on Installed and configure Chef on production environment automated deployments using Chef Hiera, and Ruby scripting.
- Build more than 50 new RHEL servers in an existing cluster.
- Provided support on applications like Splunk and Web-Methods.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks for deploy web applications on production environment.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control (SVN, GIT).
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Built custom scripts to automate the setup of Docker swarm with multiple manager and DTR nodes for High availability.
- Chef configuration management to automate the applications across the AWS infrastructure
- Documented release, builds, and source control processes and plans for J2EE applications.
- Experienced on working with JIRA for change management system and bug tracking infrastructure.
- Written recipes and cookbooks in Chef for tomcat, apache, httpd, MySQL etc.
- Wrote various Chef Cookbooks for deployment, automation.
- Worked on Apache application server for deploying the artifacts and using Chef automation.
- Experience in automated data loading, extraction using Shell, Perl and Python automated scripting.
Environment: Red Hat 5 & 6; Solaris 9,10; Rack mount Servers, Splunk 5,6 servers; MySQL Database servers; Ksh & bash shell environment; Infra Enterprise, Puppet, AES, CI/CD, Github, Jenkins, Net backup, IBM Storage Manager, VSphere ESX4.0.