- Very seasoned Senior Mobile Engineering professional with over 10 years of enterprise - scale customer-facing development, and over 20 years overall engineering experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and practical implementation experience delivering effective technologies for real world business solutions and value creation.
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in mobile app engagement, including geolocations, barcode scanning, beacon meshes and IoT devices.
- Strong experience architecting commercial-grade and mobile facing RESTful interfaces.
- Developed and delivered over 100 commercial consumer-facing product apps with a reach over 200M users
- Mastery of intuitive experiences which drive user adoption and engagement
- Solid skill prototyping unique proof-of-concepts and minimum-viable-product with emerging technologies, features, vision and commercial scalability.
- Champion of sustainable, scalable, reusable and self-evident object-oriented code design, architecture, and code
- Effective vetting, hiring and mentoring developers, including design/code review, guidance and sustainable engineering practices
- Excellent oral, written, communication and relationship skills with executive, business, technical, and international audiences
- Firm understanding of product roadmaps, estimation, resource management and on-time delivery
- Expert native iOS mobile development in iOS/XCode, using Swift and Objective-C with Cocoapods, UIKit, CoreLocation, CoreBluetooth, AVFoundation, StoreKit, Wallet, CoreGraphics, CoreMedia, CoreAnimation, WatchKit
- Android apps with Android Studio Java/Kotlin, Xamarin with C#, and Ionic/Cordova
- Specialty in field-deployed and high-trust transactional apps that must work whether on or off network.
- Mastery of object-oriented decomposition, design patterns, inheritance, and encapsulation; with a focus on internal SDK approaches that emphasis modularity, ownership and reusability.
- Database and persistence using SQLite, CoreData, file and serialization methods
- Network access, reachability and security using REST, OAUTH, JSON/XML and transaction bundling
- Integration and management of IoT devices and BLE beacons
- Performance, threading, power, memory, and network analysis and optimization
- Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Material Design, ADA and intuitive mobile design and experience
- App and Play Store setup, provisioning, review, internal/beta test, analytics and crash reporting
- Very experienced with lean, efficient and secure RESTful APIs, PPostman, Curl
- Ruby on Rails, Node.js, AWS, S3, Heroku, mySQL, Oracle and SQL Server, particularly with rapid prototyping, mobile POCs and MVPs.
- Solid skill in highly scalable database design, tuning and optimization.
- Agile management using Atlassian Jira, Confluence, UML/ER modeling
- Source code control using GitHub, BitBucket, and SVN
- Test driven development using XCTest, XCUITest, OCMock, Expresso, Calabash
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins and Fastlane
PROFESSIONAL MOBILE EXPERIENCE:
Lead Mobile Development and Architecture Consultant
- Created internal framework SDK for simplifying HIG-compliant information entry, using reusable table and collection view cells. Solution allows less senior developers to focus on view navigation and mechanics, without building sophisticated UI components from bare metal individually.
- Developed SiriusXM app for subscription conversion of preinstalled automotive radio hardware. Solved exposure to Apple in-app purchase charges.
- Developed technician field service and content apps for Nissan and John Deere. Solution solves issues with zero cellular/WiFi coverage using pre-positioning content and transaction queuing.
- Developed beacon-based in-app parking toll collection solution for Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Developed In-app advertising/acquisition SDK framework for driving consumer traffic to cash register leveraging mobile time and location capabilities.
- Redeveloped the Confidential multi-tenant mobile app to full native iOS/Android from an Ionic/Cordova hybrid solution.
- Developed Apple-approved architecture for white label app platforms using single-binary container app methods. Solution includes automated app download and configuration via text message using Branch.io.
- Architected and developed a robust architecture for publication, distribution and persistence of configuration, branding, content and transactional bundles. Solved risks and latency associated with multiple web service requests at app launch, particularly on cellular networks.
- Developed mobile technology stack for precisely timed notifications and campaigns for retail apps. Solves the multi-hour time it takes to process 10M+ push notifications.
- Architected and developed SDK for multi-floor indoor map and navigation using massive Bluetooth beacon arrays for Kaiser Permanente hospitals
- Developed framework SDK for multi-beacon event triggering based on entry, exit, latency and proximity. This solution provides capabilities well beyond basic CoreLocation beacon ranging.
iOS Architect and/Lead
- Developed iOS and server technology stack for IoT based consumer cameras and MFI-compliant consumer devices.
Senior iOS Consultant
- Architected, designed and developed iOS mobile banking Platform-as-a-Service for top financial services companies.
- Subsequently developed advanced mobile check deposit technology.