- Senior Android Developer with 6+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of mobile applications in Android.
- Extensive experience in design, development, testing and deployment of Android Applications. Have supported deployment of several Android applications to Google Play Store.
- Extensively worked with Android SDK, Android Studio, And Eclipse IDE along with Android ADT plug in. Have experience working on Android 2.0 all the way up to Android 5.0.
- Experience in developing applications using activities, fragments, services, content providers, broadcast receivers, AIDL, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs and view controls, and intents.
- Experience in using different Storage options in Android including Shared Ps, External Storage.
- Experience in designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout and using Android Widgets and custom Widgets
- Developed applications with Push Notifications integrating GCM and Urban Airship.
- Experience in Integrating the Google Maps API in to the Android Application to launch the Google maps from the app and give the directions from Current location to the destination address.
- Migrated some modules to KOTLIN from Java.
- Experience in building Multimedia Based applications to play local audio, video files and streaming Audio & Video content from remote media servers.
- Experience in Android Animations and Graphics to design and build intuitive Android applications with appealing user interface.
- Proficient with common Android framework APIs (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Experience in localizing the application to support multiple languages in different countries.
- Experienced in integrating payments in apps such as PayPal, Authorized.net.
- Experience in connecting Android apps with Twitter and Facebook.
- Strong understanding of web services design and experience in XML, JSON format and using them for Android applications.
- Experience with HTTP GET and POST Requests and parsing different types of responses.
- Experience working with different operating systems like Windows and Mac.
- Experience with source code control management like GIT, subversion (SVN), Tortoise SVN.
- Worked with REST CLIENT, a tool used to debug & execute GET & POST API calls & Responses.
- Experience with multiple life cycle methodologies and design methods including AGILE, SCRUM, Test Driven Development and Water Fall Model.
- Experienced in different phases of software development life cycle like designing, programming, testing and meeting the requirements of the clients.
- Strong communication skills to communicate directly with client and customers to explain and gather the requirements.
Android OS: Android 2.2 to Android 8.0 (Froyo, Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo).
Languages: C/C++, Java, Swift (iOS), Kotlin
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, JDBC
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, XCode
Version Control Tools: GitHub, GitLab, SVN, CVS, Sourcetree, Bitbucket
Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle
Testing Tools & Frameworks: Junit, Espresso, UI Automator, Robotium, Appium
Bug Tracker Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, & Android variants
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Android Developer
- Designed and developed Car Rental application for Android mobile devices with extensive User Interface development.
- Involved in Developing the Trips Module for users by using multiple Activities, Services, Content Providers and Broadcast Receivers.
- Extensive usage of Kotlin null safety feature in application.
- Used extension function in Kotlin.
- Designed custom layouts with Bootstrapping and HTML5.
- Designed complex User Interface screens using views and widgets.
- Used PhoneGap/Cordova as platform to develop application layouts and widgets.
- Designed and developed the user interfaces, Designed Dynamic UI with Fragments using Google Material design
- Implemented concurrency using AsyncTask, Loader, Handler, Thread pools, locks and conditions.
- Usage of lambda function in Kotlin.
- Utilized web-services (HTTP based, XML, SOAP, JSON or other services), in order to tie our applications to critical server-side APIs.
- Learning coroutines to remove dependency of callback.
- Application UI developed by Ext JS as primary source.
- Implemented a GUI for Account login, Rental car details and transferring money securely.
- Worked on Emulator and Device tracking with enabling ADB and debugging methods
- Responsible for testing the application on various android devices and debugging the issues using DDMS and Logcat.
- Implemented finding local Avis locations by using Google Maps API.
- Created a module based on an Event-driven library (Event Bus) to communicate multiple components in the app efficiently.
- Used a Jenkins instance for continuous integration to ensure quality methods.
- Used Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) to implement the push notifications.
- Utilized SQLite database to store user's ps and previous car rental history.
- Worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment to design and deploy new changes for the application.
Environment: Android SDK, SQLite, Android studio IDE, Android API's, ADT plug-in, Location Manager, XML, JSON, REST service.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Android Developer
- Involved in developing the UI for the app using TextViews, Buttons, Check boxes, Alert dialogs, Action bar and spinners for various layouts.
- Worked on wide use of application framework like content providers, content resolver, AsyncTask, AlertDialog.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features
- Collected the requirements with the client and documented the requirements
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development
- Implemented functionality based on the business requirements for major releases
- Extensively tested alpha releases with JUNIT 3 and Robotium.
- Rewrite Rails API in Kotlin for better performance.
- Participated on the migration of code to Kotlin
- Involved in migrating Java based implementations to Kotlin
- Migrated multiple components to Kotlin making use of the new extension functions, delegate properties and avoid Null Pointer Exceptions.
- Learnt new OOP language called Kotlin on the fly and successfully migrated parts of project to Kotlin.
- Responsible for developing JUnit Test Case Classes, Test Suite in Integration environment.
- Regularly followed up with Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing and performance tuning.
- Involved in creating reusable component for drawing application on Hybrid Mobile app using Angular 2.
- Implemented capturing the screenshot of the payment screen, Bitmap to PDF conversion features using Android NDK.
- Responsible for creating efficient design and developing the User Interface using HTML5, Ionic components, CSS3, Angular 4. implemented native libraries in application by using Android NDK
- Worked on integration of Google Maps, Camera, sensors, hardware components using Android NDK
- Worked on Android NDK with C and C++ for the implementation of native libraries in the applications on android mobile.
- Implemented Android application for sharing the media content using Android NDK and Eclipse IDE in Android SDK environment.
- Supported the design, development, testing and implementation of new business and support applications
- Implemented different activities like Products, photoscan, product search Offers, New releases etc.
- Worked closely with the testing team as per mockup.
- Used GIT for project management and version control.
- Used JSON to fetch data from the server using RESTful web services.
- Implemented List views for displaying new releases.
- Provided subsequent releases which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
Environment: AndroidSDK, EclipseIDE, AndroidAPIs, GoogleAPIs, JNI, J2ME, JDK, UNIX, LINUX, RESTWebservice, JSON, JUNIT 3, SQLite, GPS service, Log cat.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Implemented Recycler views & list views.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes, edit boxes.
- Experience in using dependency injector called Dagger
- Experience in Android Integration framework tools like Gradle.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Responsible for the data storage in the SQLite database.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS SEND/RECEIVE.
- Experience in Android Networking Libraries like Volley, ION, Retrofit
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, API and REST APIs.
- Developed Rest architecture based Webservices to facilitate communication between client and servers.
- Worked version control using GIT.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, SQLite 3.6, Volley, Android API's, XML, JSON, Services, Broadcast Receivers, GPS, VCS (version control), Logcat, GIT, JIRA.
- Involved in developing new features for applications (Android) used on phones and tablets.
- Developed apps using Android SDK 4.3. Integrated front-end and back-end code by communicating with back-end development team.
- Composed unit tests for mobile code and debugged critical issues related to an application such as crashes, concurrency problems, and memory leaks.
- Worked on integrating multiple systems to transfer data between layers of the software stack.
- Controlled Bugzilla workflows and managed tasks within the Agile framework.
- Improved application performance by fixing bugs. Developed top solutions by working with the developers.
- Associated with artists, QA, and internal developers to maintain best practices.
- Maintained deliverables with product management team to product roadmaps.
- To display lists in an application used Web Views, List Views, and populated lists.
- Used Content Providers (Android) for sending texts and emails in the app. Used Version Control System (GIT).
- For user settings and data used Shared ps and SQLite database. Used design pattern (MVC) for mobile application design.
- Supported in developing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of an application.
- Worked on RESTful web services.
- Developed written resources manuals for step-by-step procedures. Stored and retrieved key value pairs across user sessions using Shared p. Monitored data using SQLite Databases. Performed multithreading using AsyncTask.
- Extracted data and displayed it on the app using XML. Created a unique design that suits both portrait and landscape modes.
- Involved in designing the layouts that are compatible with different screen resolutions. Navigated between different screens using Tab View.
- Retrieved the data from the server using JSON Object. Used Implicit and Explicit intents for managing activities.
- Involved in writing the application logic. Developed Restful web service to display the product details and the profile of a user.
- Used JSON to allow an application to communicate with the server.
- Provided an Authentication feature which restricts the usage based on Authentication tokens and Authorization of a user.
- Used Activities and Fragments to develop screens and workflows for an application. Customized toast’s, buttons, dialog’s, and several other widgets.
Jr Android Developer
- Tested the app across different versions of Android and different android ones to assure quality and performance.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using Android XML.
- Developed business logic of the application.
- Implemented location-based API using Location Manager.
- Discussed the requirements with the client and documented the requirements.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Used AsyncTask, Handler, Threads, Service, and IntentService to implement multi-threaded applications.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Involved in debugging and resolving the bugs.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, SVN, SQLite, RESTful, XML, JSon Parsing, Google Maps.
- Involved in designing the application. Prepared UML Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams to in corporate in the technical design document.
- Writing PL/SQL Queries to get schedule of policy payment and defaults.
- Developed the application using industry standard design patterns like, Service Locator, Singleton, Business Delegate, MVC, and Factory Pattern for re-usability.
- JDBC-ODBC bridge driver was used to connect to the database.
- Implemented Web services components SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI to interact with external systems.
- Used Hibernate, a technique of mapping data representation from business logic to database with SQL based schema.
- Secured the REST services using Spring Security and OAUTH framework and created documented REST services using Swagger.