- Over 11 years of IT experience in analysis, design, coding and testing of IBM Mainframe Projects in industries like Mortgage Banking and P&C Insurance.
- Expertise in COBOL, PL1, DB2, JCL, VSAM, CICS, Changeman, Endevor, Librarian, Expeditor, File - Aid, SPUFI, QMF, Platinum, ESP(both GUI and Mainframe), JOBTRACK and CA-7
- Good working knowledge on INFORMATICA, TERADATA and UNIX technologies.
- Having good knowledge in Mortgage banking and P&C Insurance Domains.
- Rich work experience in Production Support Activities that involves Monitoring the Batch Jobs, Immediate Fixes to Production Abends and provide Accurate Business Solutions.
- Rich expertise in database tools like QMF, SPUFI, File-Aid for DB2 and Platinum.
- Good working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) having a thorough understanding of various phases such as requirements, analysis/design, coding, testing & Implementation.
- Have good experience in working on Agile methodology. And also have good working knowledge on JIRA and RTC tools.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner, team player.
Languages: COBOL, PL1, JCL, SQL and mainframe SAS
DBMS: DB2, ORACLE and TERADATA
ETL Tool: INFORMATICA
OS: MVS, OS/390, UNIX, WINDOWS, DOS
Tools: /Utilities File-Aid, QMF, SPUFI, Changeman, Endevor, Librarian, Expeditor, SDSF, CA-7 and CA-ESP
Project Management tools: JIRA and RTC.
Senior Application Developer
- Responsible to write the code per the client specifications and standards.
- Unit testing, Integration testing.
- To track and fix the bugs at every phase of testing.
- Coordinate development and implementation of production fixes.
- Designing and developing enhancements to the existing application.
- Analyzing client’s requirements.
- Converting client’s requirements into technical & data requirements.
- Responsible for validation & accuracy of client data.
- Update daily status and issues in JIRA tool. Attend daily scrum call and provide offshore updates and get clarifications from client.
- Leading offshore team and provide technical guidance to them
- Involve in Release management activities.
ConfidentialSenior Application Developer
- Production support activities that involve monitoring the batch jobs both Mainframes and Informatica, Immediate fixes to production abends and provide accurate business solutions
- Handling production support incidents effectively and updating them with in SLA
- Working on Quality Center Defects(both Mainframe and Informatica) Coding, unit testing and supporting QA testing for the defects serviced
- Working on various enhancements. Coding, unit testing and supporting QA testing.
- Prepare various metrics and share with various interested parties.
- Working on refresh requests like Policy, office and Producer refresh requests.
- Provide support to Onshore and source system during the releases and outages.
- Leading the offshore team and provide the technical support to them. And coordinate with the client when there are issues or when we need any kind of support from them.
Associate IT consultant
- Analysis of the enhancement and estimation of hours required.
- Analysis of the given requirements and Preparation of the Technical specifications.
- Coding the new module or make changes to the existing one as per the technical specification document
- Peer review of code and technical specifications
- Unit testing
- Providing support for all testing done post to Unit testing.
- Involved in the release implementation activities
- Preparation of various documents related to the requirement.
- Sharing the application knowledge among other team members.
- During the Batch Support for 21st Confidential project assignment involved is to run the batch cycle every day in different regions (Development, test and quality)
- Monitor the batch cycles, handling the batch abends and provide the immediate fixes to abends.
- Do code migrations as per request, in the required region
- Refresh the region after each release completion
- Copy the policies from production to required region
- Involved in ISO quarterly process.
- Do enhancements to the code as per the client requirements and prepare technical specification documents
- Maintain the abend logs for all the abends.
ConfidentialSenior Application Developer
- Prepare the functional and technical specification documents by analyzing the business requirements
- Provide the estimates and get it approved by client.
- Development/enhancement of the programs as per the technical specification documents.
- Review the code review as per the coding guidelines. And also do peer review of the team members
- Prepare unit test cases and document the unit test results.
- Solving defects at SIT/UAT phases and giving the Implementation support.
- Preparing Defect log and Defect Action Plan documents.
- Share the business and technical knowledge with in team members.