Senior Database & Web Engineer with experience leveraging technologies, skill and creativity to achieve results. MySQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL Database expertise. Experienced in Linux installation/configuration/programming.
Operating Systems: CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Windows, Sun Solaris
Programming Languages: PHP, Python, Bash ( Grep, Sed, Awk, Curl ), Perl, Tcl, Oracle PL/SQL
Databases: MySQL Enterprise 8.0.16, 5.7.25, Postgres, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, Cassandra, MongoDB
PL/SQL: Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Native Dynamic SQL (NDS), ObjectsSchema Design, advanced SQL queries, SQL tuning & optimization to maximize performance & minimize latency Python Scripting for Administration, Automation, Applications Engineering, Data Scrubbing, Web Scraping
Version Control: Git, Github, Subversion (SVN), MS Visual Source Safe; Jira, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quest Navigator, Toad for Oracle, SQL Developer, Navicat for MySQL, PHPStorm
Senior Database / Software Engineer
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of MySQL Enterprise (Commercial) instances on RHEL7 in the Amazon Cloud (AWS).
- Responsible for Server Performance, Backups and currently upgrading to MySQL 8.0.16 to take advantage of the new FIPS mode to meet government encryption requirements.
- Using AWS KMS for keyring master management and rotation.
- Write data loaders in python, php and stored procedures to load and process data into MySQL.
- Enhance PHP GIS based website with PHP 7.2
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Used Laravel 5.6, CentOS 7, PHP7 & Postgres to extend the assessment - survey site to administer Education Surveys for students, teachers and parents.
- The site managed questions, answer choices, surveys (tests), results, reports and formulas as well as versions of these types.
- Redesigned (ongoing) the Database Schema to replace massive JSON column data with regular database tables enabling data analysis with SQL and eliminating the need for complex post processing in PHP. Normalized the database tables and added constraints and triggers to maintain data integrity
- Used Laravel Migrations to enhance Postgres Schema to enable new features
- Refactored all DB façade queries to use Eloquent,
- Refactored all APIs for proper Model/Controller design
- Resolved memory problems and implemented new features
Confidential, Los angles, CA
Senior Web Developer
- Implemented PCI Compliant Stripe Refunds API to facilitate customer refunds of several types and the Avalara Tax API to automate State tax calculations per item, per state.
- Rebuilt current site using Vagrant, Vue.js with a custom PHP backend.
- Tested our Vagrant process, installed Cassandra, Cassandra-php driver, test schemas and data.
- Built a single page reporting app providing the CFO stats on customer credit
- Designed a Bin Generator web app for inventory management in the warehouses
- Built a Laravel proof of concept to measure Laravel performance
Confidential, Santa Fe, CA
Senior Full Stack Developer (PHP)
- Singly responsible for all Web Operations including
- All development, front and backend, for our FuelPak 3 product based site
- API development providing extensive functionality to our iOS and Android Apps
- Implementing a workflow from development through production releases
- Management of 9 Apache web servers, 9 MySQL database servers and db schemas running on Cent OS
- Ownership of our GitHub corporate account
- Combined D3.js and AJAX to build a web based single page charting site illustrating our market growth and customer installation trends for our president.
- Coded in Python and Bash for website & database maintenance and generating scheduled reports the President.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Used jQuery for form validation and to enhance the user experience.
- Migrated user data from Filemaker to MySQL.
- Created MySQL schema to handle user information and information between LDAP and the internal Content Management System.
- I wrote PHP scripts implementing a single sign-on LDAP based authentication system eliminating the need for the multiple user accounts.
- Provided extensive LDAP programming in PHP for search and new account creation.
- Used PHP to send email with an encrypted link ensuring the validity of the registrant and sent email as confirmation of the new account.
Confidential, Valencia, CA
Senior IT Programmer (Oracle PL/SQL)
- Primary function involved writing Oracle SQL queries & PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers and schema design supporting pre & post enrollment operations for United HealthCare.
- Development involved data loading with SQL*loader and SQL tuning and interfacing with program managers to achieve requested functionality.
- Coded utility scripts with VBScript
- Represented the department during the SSAE 16 Type II audit facilitating the successful achievement of audit status.
- Authored Change Management Policy documents describing arvato applications and software development life cycle. ePals.com Torrance, Ca
PHP Web Developer
- Designed a new “Join ePals” user registration page resulting in a substantial increase in user registration.
- Landing page was segmented by role of the registrant: Teacher, Student or Parent.
- Worked with 3rd party vendor regarding implementation of a marketing campaign to increase user registration.