Looking for a challenging position as a Senior Middleware Administrator or Junior Level DevOps Engineer which best utilizes my application server administration experience and skills and allows for increased exposure and growth into the DevOps Arena.
- Experience in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another.
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2(IaaS), S3, AMI, EBS, Cloud Watch, Lambda events, Elastic IP’s, VPN Servers, and managing security groups.
- Managing AWS Infra and automation with CLI, API. Managing DATA Center Inbound and outbound services.
- Knowledge on automating application builds, deployments and system configuration using Jenkins, Ansible.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in Linux environment.
- Expert in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, performance tuning/monitoring and upgrading of WebLogic and WebSphere Application Server.
- Well experienced in deploying Enterprise Java Beans and J2EE Applications on clustered/non clustered WebLogic and WebSphere Server instances.
- Extensive Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization of applications.
- Developed customized startup and shutdown scripts for various applications.
- Experience in taking core dumps and thread dumps for troubleshooting.
- Substantial experience working with SSL Certificates.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration, Migration and Administration on Oracle Fusion Middleware products like WebLogic/OAM/OID/OVD/OES/SOA in Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x.
- Extensively worked on Oracle SOA Suite administration, installation, configuration, tuning and customization.
- Experience in working on source control tools like GitHub (GIT), Subversion (SVN).
- Advanced LDAP experience using Tivoli Access Manager (LDAP) for user authentication.
- Experience in automated content deployment using Interwovens OpenDeploy.
- Excellent database knowledge using Oracle, MS - Access, and MS SQL Server.
- Experience in full Project Life Cycle including Analysis, Design, Testing and Documentation of various J2EE applications.
- Performing in-depth problem troubleshooting, resolution, and root cause analysis for application issues in production.
- Documenting customer problem information, recommendations, and resolution utilizing specific call tracking tools/methodology.
- Ability to implement new concepts and applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux 5.x/6.x, Solaris 10/11, AIX 5.3, Windows 7/8/10.
Scripting: WLST, WSADMIN, Python, ANT, Shell Scripting.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, UCM 11g, MySql 5.x, SQL Server 2005/2008
WEB/APP Servers: Oracle WebLogic Application Server 9.x/10.x/12.x, Oracle SOA Suite 11g, OAM 10g/11g, OID 10g/11g, OVD 10g/11g, OIM 10g/11g, Oracle Coherence Server, JBoss Application Server 6.x/5.x, IBM WebSphere Application Server /7.0/8.0/8.5, Apache Webserver 1.3/2.2.x, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.28/22.214.171.124 , Tomcat 6.0/7.0s, IIS 7.0.
Network Protocols/Services: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, NIS, NIS+, NFS, DNS, and DHCP.
Tools: Remedy, Putty, FileZilla, Winscp, MS Office Suite, OneNote, Text Pad, SVN, VisualVM, Wiley Introscope.
Packages: J2EE, JDK 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 , jrockit 1.5/1.6.
Continuous Integration and Configuration Tools: Docker, ANT, Maven, GitHub, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible.
Cloud Platform: AWS
Senior Middleware Administrator/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Use automation configuration management tools like Chef, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory for continuous integration/deployment, and continuous monitoring solutions.
- Install and set up App dynamics and Splunk Agents onto Chef nodes on Non prod Test Environment of various applications on multiple platforms to Manage and Monitor the application behavior and performance.
- Configure build and deployment jobs in tools like Jenkins CI Automation, Team City and CloudBees.
- Installing and configuring Jenkins, Installing plug-in, configuring security, creating a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Set up build deploy jobs on Jenkins including the delivery pipelines to run code deployments, sanity checks, start stop scripts, DB batches, monitor the repository and send alerts to PagerDuty.
- Create pipelines for code builds using GitHub repository account to pull Jenkins FIles.
- Checking Jenkins console logs.
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Building scalable, resilient, and high-performance applications and services on AWS.
- Provisioning EC2 servers using Ansible, Terraform, AWS console.
- Create and manage AWS users and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management(IAM).
- Create AWS CI/CD pipeline, configure with GitHub repository to automate code build after every commit.
- Configure AWS Code Deploy to automate deployments to EC2 instances.
- Propagate the code across visions controlled tools from Accurev to GIT (Bit Bucket).
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Use Docker custom and Docker HUB images to deploy applications in containers.
- Integrate GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process/Build after every commit via webhooks.
- Involved in performance tuning of JVM and used Garbage collection Algorithms for better performance.
- Provide Load/Stress, Performance testing and trouble shooting on issues such as Out of Memory, 100% CPU Usage, hung Thread sessions, session replication, JVM Crashes.
- Create Cron jobs and shell scripts to take regular thread dumps and log rotations.
- Tuning the WebLogic and WebSphere Application Server, Applications and WebServers by changing the Heap Size parameters, tuning JVM’s Garbage Collector, and changing the size of JDBC Connection Pool attributes.
- Handle Server Hang, Deadlock, Application level lock, Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyze in VisualVM to get the root cause for the hang.
- Handle Memory issues, application leak or WebLogic leak or SUN JAVA bug by tuning and profiling the memory with third party tools.
- Use Verbose GC for garbage collection and tuning Heap size to reduce memory leak.
- Provide active support for Load/Stress Testing, Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning.
- Install, configured and supported performance testing of applications on WebSphere commerce server 7.0 in coordination with IBM, Development and DBA teams.
- Utilized Wily Introscope tools for performance tuning and runtime options in WebSphere Application Server for on-going performance testing for various releases.
- Create server operation and environment set-up scripts for WebLogic 10.6 and 12c.
- Wrote Python Scripts, Shell Scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
- Utilized the WebLogic.Admin utility for retrieving and analyzing the Thread dump information, finding the WebLogic’s Server state information, license information, storing user credentials etc.
- Involved heavily with build-out phase of several new end to end environments, including Build Sheets(Service Account/OS/Processor/Memory/File system/Software /Mount/RPM and Libraries requirements), installation, configuration of components and endpoints, Integration with other upstream/downstream applications, complete testing and troubleshooting.
- Partnered with management and infrastructure teams in procuring hardware, physical and VRA(vRealize Automation) for new environments.
- Installed, configured, and administered applications on WAS, WCS, IHS, WebLogic, Adobe CQ5/AEM6.0, IIS, Sterling OMS, running on Linux and Windows Environments.
- Involved in Building and Supporting IDM suite OIM, OES, OAM, OVD/OID and OIF 10G environments.
- Applied fix packs for WebSphere Application Server, IHS server and Plugins, for Development, test, and performance environments.
- Installed and configure IBM HTTP Server and integrate with WAS, create webserver definitions for load-balancing and fail-over.
- Setup and Configured WebSphere components such as JDBC DataSource connections, JMS Queues/Topics, Connection Factories/Pools, JTA, JNDI, SMTP, Cruise Control, Remote WebServer Management, Inbound/Outbound SSL, Keystores, clustering, trace logs, Containers, Messaging Engines, nodes, additional servers/instances, service BUS, transport chains, virtual hosts, modules, plugins, httpd.
- Utilized Ikeyman and JAVA Keytool for requesting, generating, implementing and configuring SSL Certificates for communication between the webserver and the Application Server.
- Configure Node manager for remote starting of servers.
- Configured LDAP user registry for authentication and authorization privileges for Admin console.
- Created users, roles and assigned them to appropriate groups.
- Configured and deployed Cache Coherence for WebLogic servers on various environments.
- Created clustered WebLogic domains in order to maintain load balancing and high availability of applications.
- Used WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) to access runtime information and connect to administrative server.
- Worked with other teams in troubleshooting build, deploy and configuration issues on WCS and WebLogic environments.
- Migrating 32 bit WebSphere and WebLogic environments to 64 bit.
- Responsible for building and deploying artifacts such as WAR, JAR, and EAR formats in Domain and Clustered environments on to WebSphere and WebLogic environments.
- Experienced in writing shell, ant and jython scripts for deployment and configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Source, Virtual Hosting, Global Security and SSL resources through scripting utilities like wlst.sh(for WebLogic) and wsadmin.sh(WebSphere).
- Work closely with Adobe on configuration issue CQ5 components such as Author (clustering), Publisher, dispatchers on IIS server, configuring LDAP and deployment the applications.
- Configured Apache to act as proxy server for back end WebLogic and Tomcat application servers.
- Worked with A10 Load Balancer with Web servers to provide scalability and reliability.
- Worked with network and security team for requesting F5 and Big IP for load balancing.
- Involved in managing multiple simultaneous releases of products from development to QA to performance to Pre-Production and Production.
- Senior POC for Live high visibility/high SLA Confidential Order Management application training environment for CSR students, including 24/7 support for troubleshooting, configuring/implementing new functionality, code version changes, EAR/WAR version upgrades on WebSphere 8.5
- Working on the issues such as failing to load static content on IIS (using fiddler web debugger), node sync issues and slow response times.
- Deployed applications using TIBCO Administrator/TIBCO Scripted Framework GUI in QAT environments, BW AMX GUI in test environments.
- Involved in configuration of EMS connections and setting up TIBCO EMS Servers.
- Participate in 24x7 On-call rotations.
- Create training videos, documents, slide shows for onboarding new employees and applications.
- Mentor new hires and existing employees.
- Co-ordinate, consolidate and report the status of high priority task to management.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous releases of products from development to QA to performance to Pre-Production and Production.
- Participate in planning, status and contingency meeting.
- Participate in Proof of concept session to validate new possible infrastructure/application solutions and provided accurate recommendations to management.
- Participation in root cause analysis of troubleshooting environment.
- Good understanding of J2EE, SOA, SDLC and continuous delivery concepts.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server ND 7.0/126.96.36.199 , IBM WebSphere commerce server 7.0, WebSphere Portal Server 8, WebSphere OMS 9.3, IHS server, OHS server, IIS Server 7.0, Adobe CQ5.3/AEM6.0, AIX 5.3, Windows server 2003/2008, wlst and wsadmin scripting using Jython and shell, java, Oracle 10g/11i, Sql server 2005/2008, CA Wily introscope, nmon, Sar, perfmon, fiddler web debugger, HP Quality Center and Remedy, Tibco BE/BW, Active Spaces, APIX WebLogic Application Server 10g/11g/12c, Oracle Access Manager (OAM), Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD), Oracle Identity Manager (OIM), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle BI Publisher, OSB, TIBCO, AppDynamics, Amazon Web Services(AWS), LDAP, SOAP UI, Shell scripting, Python, Jenkins, Artifactory.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Installation, Administration and Configuration of WebLogic Application Server 9.2/10.3
- Configuration and Maintenance of JDBC, JMS, JNDI and other J2EE Services with WebLogic 9.2/10.3.
- Configuration of Oracle 10g with WebLogic 10.3.
- Configuration and Integration of iPlanet LDAP Server with WebLogic 9.2.
- Application Deployment (WAR, JAR, EAR) in Domain and Clustered environments to achieve High Availability and Fail-over functionality.
- Load Balancing, Performance Tuning and optimization of WebLogic 9.2 Application Server.
- Auditing (Performance, Scalability) Applications and the Application Servers.
- Node manager configuration for administering Managed Servers.
- Configuration of JDBC connection pools and Datasources, troubleshooting and fixing up problems.
- JNDI repository configuration for EJB Home stubs, JDBC Datasource, JMS connection factories and queues.
- Performance Analysis of WebLogic 10.3 Server using Load Runner.
- Maintaining Shell scripts for deployment of application code to Development, System Test and Production environments.
- Review and modification of Unix Scripts used for batch jobs.
- Shell and Perl Scripting for automation of administration tasks.
- Worked on Apache and Sun ONE (iPlanet) Web Server environments.
- Configured Apache and Sun ONE web servers as proxy for Application servers.
- Configured Apache Understanding the web services associated with the tools.
- Implementing the Microsoft Windows Shared Point Services.
- Assisting in the deployment of the foresaid tools.
Middleware Support Analyst
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Configured and administered Bea WebLogic 8.1 and 9.2 in various environments on Sun Solaris platform.
- Installed and configured Apache web server in various environments to proxy requests to Weblogic and Websphere.
- Involved in doing a performance benchmark of WebLogic server using LoadRunner.
- Configured managed server instances on different machines and clustered all the managed servers.
- Created the startup and shutdown scripts for the servers.
- Deployed applications (formats of WAR, JAR and EAR) in WebLogic 8.1/9.2/10.3.
- Configured and administered WebLogic server with Oracle 9i/10g.
- Testing of EJB's after deploying it in EJB container.
- Deployed applications on multiple WebLogic server instances maintaining Load Balancing and High-Availability.
- Configured Hibernate Libraries.
- Involved in assembling, binding and deploying J2EE components on the Application Server.
- Configured clustering EJB objects, JDBC connection Pools and JMS connection factories.
- Configured LDAP using MS Active Directory Server for user authentication.
- Setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic Server integrated with multiple workflows.
- Configured and administered siteminder for various applications.
- Configured and deployed applications in various work environments like Development, Load Test and Production.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Deployed the applications like formats of WAR, JAR, and EAR in WebLogic 8.1.
- Configuring and Administering JDBC, JMS & JNDI in WebLogic Server 8.1.
- Install, configure and administer BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 in various environments.
- Install and configure Apache, and Sun ONE web servers in various environments.
- Configured and administered of WebLogic server with Oracle9i database.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, High availability and Failover functionalities.
- Configure Clustering EJB objects, JDBC connections and JMS connection factories.
- Configure Node manager for the Managed servers.
- Configure and administer Connection pools for JDBC connections.
- Configure LDAP using Sun ONE Directory Server for user authentication.
- Used configuration wizard and configuration builder extensively to create and manage WebLogic domains.
- Setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic Server integrated with multiple workflows.
- Involved in doing a performance benchmark of WebLogic server by using Load Runner.
- Configured and deployed applications in various work environments.
- Researched and Troubleshooting emerging application issues, from WebLogic configuration to code issues.
- Configure JNDI server as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBC data source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Applying the patches to the WebLogic servers.