- As ServiceNow Developer, I have worked mostly with implementations related to ITSM, and also I have worked in implementation regarding Hardware Asset Management, HR onboarding, and integrations (Import Web Services, Direct Web Services) using REST/SOAP Web Services; these implementations were in different type of industries: Financial Services, IT Services, Aeronautics, Health, Entertainment, among others.
- I’m c urrently holding 3 main ServiceNow s (CSA, CAD, and CIS - ITSM), 9 micro-s, the ITSM suite, and the Professional Scrum Master I ; additionally, I have covered related to ITOM application, ITIL foundation and Six Sigma/Run Lean Improvements.
- 11+ years of professional experience within IT Support, Development and Administration.
- 3 years of experience as ServiceNow developer.
- 4+ years of experience as ITSM ServiceNow fulfiller.
- 4+ years as application developer with other programming languages (C++, Python, MySQL).
- 3 ServiceNow Mainline s
- 9 ServiceNow Micro s
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience establishing specifications for new developments.
- Experience designing applications including business logic, user interface, and database logic.
- Experience following, implementing and designing flow processes.
- This project is related to an Onboarding integration for an entertainment company, where a record is received in a stage table and transfer it to a Service Catalog Item, a custom workflow is used to automate the process, or create Catalog Tasks when a manual intervention is created.
- My activities were to create the Service Catalog Items that were used for the different Requests, Business Rules Creation to create the Service Request for fulfillment, update the workflow activity scripts related to decision points, create the SOAP message to send the record to the 3 rd party, and create a reusable function for the outbound SOAP call, create the notification logic for the on-boarding/off-boarding/record update, notifications (event, notifications, mail scripting).
- This project was related to the Hardware Asset Management implementation, trying to set it as close as possible to the existing OOTB solution, for a Financial Service Client.
- My activities in this project were related to provide assistance in the business process design, and from there, to create the stories that were going to be used on the development.
- On the development side, the activities were to create Service Catalog Items that were going to be used to request a Laptop/Desktop, the Request had some customizations, to help to the fulfillment team to provide an available equipment according to an assignation matrix.
- Since the process was new, there were some work and suggestion related to CMBD tables for Laptop/Desktop, Server and ATMs classes.
- This project was related to a customization used for a Helpdesk group for a Financial Service Client, in which it was required that certain custom fields were visible only to a particular assignation group, a conditional view was set based on a assigned role to display only the required fields.
- A select box field was used to display the available services for the ticket, updated the properties in the field to display only the services available to this particular assignation group.
- This project was related to an integration for the Incident module between a Financial Service Client and a Service Provider, where the Bank was using an Istanbul ServiceNow instance and the Service Provider was using CNOC. It was implemented using Import Web Services with SOAP calls.
- My participation in this project was on the setup of the incoming Web Service Calls through the Stage table, and the parsing scripts before the record was passed to the final table.
- This project was related to an integration over ITSM modules between a Financial Service Client and a Service Provider.
- It was implemented between two ServiceNow instances on different releases (Jakarta and Istanbul) using Direct Web Services with REST Calls, over ITSM tables (Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request) and the CMDB.
- My participation on this project was on the design of reusable script in both instances for inbound/outbound REST calls, and the setup of Business Rules, workflows and security controls necessary for the communication.
Mid ServiceNow Developer
- I worked on some configurations in the incident, problem and change modules, were the requirements were set on the Agile Stories; these requirements were about Client-Side (UI policies, client scripts, UI actions) and Server-Side (business rules), update activities in workflows for ITSM modules and SLAs metrics, adding/updating email notifications, adding/updating security controls through ACL, among others.
Mid Senior Software Developer
- During a brief period, I worked in a company related to aeronautics, using a Jeppesen’s proprietary language named RAVE (Rule And Value Evaluator), which used a platform similar to ServiceNow but dedicated to aeronautics products Crew Rostering and Pairing setup on Linux Servers. Basically, the company handled two different lines of projects: Studio Customizations, and Custom Development. I worked in both lines in for 4 different airlines.
- Drafted the technical specification, which had two parts, the UI interface and the Database development.
- Designed and coded the non-oracle side of the integration, which included the UI interface, the data parsing and data communication to Oracle. The code was developed in Python 2.7, using additional libraries for the UI design and for the Python-Oracle Connector.
- Collaborated with other team members using Linux Mercurial as distributed revision-control tool and kept track of the development through Atlassian JIRA.
- Created and updated rules and values through RAVE according to client specifications, that were used by Jeppesen’s optimizer to generate the rosters required for the airline for the crew and airplanes.
- Added UI (dialog windows, menu options) and Back-End functionalities using Python 2.6 for the platform.
- QA testing