- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, over 8 years of experience in IT industry including DevOps Build/Release Management, Cloud Management and in Design, Coding, Porting, Troubleshooting, Testing and Deployment of web - based applications.
- Experienced in providing high availability, fault tolerance and scalable applications on AWS platform and Azure, also have knowledge on GCP and Open Stack.
- Expertise in AWS solutions using EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, VPC, ECS, Security Groups, RDS, Route 53, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, and IAM.
- Experienced in creating S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilizes S3 buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS, setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Responsible for managing, performing administration and monitoring instances using AMIs and Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups, enabling permissions and providing permissions.
- Expertise in AWS serverless compute service lambda and used AWS lambda to trigger changes in data shifts and action by users and run the code in the Postgres DB.
- Experienced in Azure cloud services like Azure Iaas, storage, Deploying Web Apps, Application Insights, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, Virtual Private Network Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying instances on Azure Environments and in Data centers and migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Responsible in Designing and implementing Azure Cloud Environment and configured tokens and storage access policies in Azure Cloud Infrastructure. Planning and implementation of data and storage management solutions in Azure.
- Experience with Open Stack services like Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard, Image, Identity, Monitoring and Orchestration service. Also, can trace complex build problems, release and env issues in a multi-component environment.
- Experienced on creating and configuring web servers for Dev Env. Such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Nginx and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in building CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins, Bamboo and versioning artifacts using Nexus repo management.
- Experience in static code analysis tool SonarQube right from setup to configuration in Jenkins and analyzing the different programming languages like Java, C#.
- Experience in developing build and deployment scripts using Ant, Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments and create new jobs and branches.
- Experience in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipeline using tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Bamboo, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker and Kubernetes(k8’s)
- Experience in version control systems using GIT, SVN and Bit bucket server (Stash).
- Experienced in automate the deployment process using Bash, Shell, Ruby and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Cruise Control.
- Experience in Creating a Stack of resources on AWS using Terraform and Cloud formation templates.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Template (CFT) and Terraform Template in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a code.
- Experience in using Terraform for building, changing, versioning infrastructure and managing existing cloud infrastructure as well as automate the deployment process by creating the reusable environments.
- Experience in automated Cloud Formation (JSON Scripts) for creating/ administrating the instances with Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancers across different Availability Zones.
- Experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Proficient in writing Ansible playbooks for the automation through tasks using YAML format. Used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks.
- Proficient in creating Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate the services related to deployment and Ruby based scripting on Chef Automation for creating Cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes, test-kitchen, super market and used knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Experienced on creating modules and manifests in Puppet to obtain continuous deployment in Dev, QA and Production
- Expertise in installing, configuring and managing the Puppet Ecosystem Components for Puppet.
- Involved in designing and implementing Puppet with Orchestration and code manager with R10K along with Git and Git Hub
- Experience with Docker, Docker swam and Kubernetes for Container Orchestration.
- Worked with various Atlassian tools such as Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence.
- Experienced in developing the UNIX Shell Scripts and PERL Scripts to execute the scripts and manipulate files and directory.
- Experienced in setting up and configuring Monitoring Tools Such as Splunk and ELK Stack.
- Experience working with Docker and handling different Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, creating Docker Images, Docker Registry and Docker Compose handling multiple images for installation.
- Experience in Orchestrating Docker container Pods using Kubernetes and Docker Compose to manage the prod environment.
- Participating in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects.
- Worked in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, and Ruby, PowerShell and shell scripts and managed to host the servers like Tomcat, apache and NGINX.
- Experience in Launching, configuration and administration of Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, RHEL, Windows Servers
- Implemented DevOps methodology by following an Agile approach using Scrum iterations.
- Maintain a high level of personal productivity and quality to help others within the team organization and company to make improvements.
Operating Systems: Windows98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX (Ubuntu, Redhat, SUSE, Centos).
Automation and Build tools: Jenkins, Git, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Nexus, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jfrog.
Source Control Tools: Subversion, Clearcase, Git and Perforce
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Grunt and Gradle
Testing Tools: JMeter, Selenium, SonarQube.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Languages: Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby & Perl
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy
Web Servers: Web Logic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jboss
Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure & Google Cloud
Databases: Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, Db2
Confidential, Richardson, TX
AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the cloud infrastructure
- Build and deployed multiple applications using Amazon EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS, in Cloud Formation JSON templates, focusing on High-availability, fault tolerance and auto scaling.
- Setting up Auto Scaling of the instance group using AWS CLI (command line tools) and AWS cloud services for Dev/QA environment.
- Managed IAM Policies and providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access and Used IAM to create new Accounts, Roles and Groups and engaged in enabling Lambda functions for dynamic creation.
- Experience in scheduling AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Experience in migrating On-Premise servers to AWS and Private Clouds, using Cloud Formation, Terraform Templates, AMI's and other AWS resources.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on cloud environment Amazon web services (AWS).
- Developed Terraform templates for leveraging different cases for AWS Enterprise cloud platform and have written new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins on master and slave nodes and configured Jenkins builds for CI/CD
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the build process. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI using Jenkins on server
- Used Maven to build on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and maintained build related scripts developed in the Python for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Creating inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks for configuration management of Apache webservers, Tomcat and Nginx servers in Ansible.
- Integrated Ansible Tower and Service Now Catalogues using Rest API calls for automated deployments
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process of AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, scripts and automated the infrastructure by Chef scripts.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven Pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the Java jar files
- Created additional Docker slave nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker images and pulled them to ECR.
- Developed microservices on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across the clusters of hosts through the environment.
- In Kubernetes created services to deploy the services. Apart from this created replica sets, deployments, and defined type of service elastic load balancer which meets the end user as a service and configured the Route53 in AWS and defined domain names at perfect URL for the end users.
- Configured Kubernetes, for quick and efficient response to changes on demand. Responsible for provisioning Kubernetes environment and deploying the dockerize applications by developing manifests.
- Configuration Management and source code management repos using tools GIT, agile tools JIRA, scrum, and CI tools Jenkins.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies, CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and END-END automation of Build and Deploy using Jenkins.
- Used build tools Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts war & ear from source code.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for Gitlab and SVN.
- Working with SCM tools GIT (GitHub), Subversion (SVN) and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git Repositories, views, and the access control strategies and Managed Git repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Configured local, remote and virtual repositories in Jfrog Artifactory on premise instance for yum, num and ruby gems.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Wrote scripts for system administration using languages Shell, Python. Also developed and maintained Python scripts for build and release
- Created and customized Splunk applications, searches, and dashboards.
- Utilized Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers and have done Issue identification, data analysis and security analysis.
- Worked in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, and shell scripts and managed to host the servers Tomcat, Apache and Nginx.
- Worked closely with the Networks and Security Team in opening firewalls and DNS requests required for the infrastructure and applying the SSL and F5, PCI for secure application delivery.
- Administrated RHEL 5, 6 / CentOS, that includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, and troubleshooting server issues.
- Maintained proper documentation of all activities carried out during the project in the confluence. Atlassian systems administration and configuration handling is done using JIRA, Confluence, JIRA Agile.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Maintained a high level of personal productivity and quality and help others within the team organization and company to make improvements.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development.
- Participated in 24x7 production support activities and joining outage calls when necessary to resolve issues.
Confidential, Newark, CA
- Worked on Windows Azure Cloud Services PaaS, IaaS, Azure Storage, SQL Azure and different PaaS solutions with web and worker roles and Azure Web Apps, Azure Active Directory, Azure DevTest Labs, Application Insights, and Logical Apps.
- Implemented the configuration of Azure Application Gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, Analyzing Azure networks with Azure Network Watcher, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Stack, Azure Backup and Azure Automation.
- Worked on Administration and Troubleshooting of Azure IAAS Components (VM, Storage, VNET, OMS, NSG, Site to Site VPN, RBAC, Load Balancers, Availability Sets).
- Expertise on working with Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Experienced in Azure infrastructure management Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage. Worked on creating Azure Blob for storing unstructured data in the cloud as blobs
- Experienced in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers.
- Deployed and designed pipelines through Azure data factory and debugged the process for errors.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built, designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Setting up private networks and sub- networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks. configured AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and also the storage on S3 buckets.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production & corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Installed Open Stack Controller, Compute, object and block storage in premises datacenter and as well as Involved in Installation and administration of Open Stack Components.
- Automated deployment of Open Stack Clouds in data centers and availability zones.
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured auto scaling and defining cloud formation JSON templates using Ansible modules.
- Managed servers on the AWS platform instances using Puppet, Chef configuration management.
- Installed Chef Enterprise On-Premise/ Workstation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using knife, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Created and configured Jenkins server using Terraform and Ansible.
- Created playbooks for Open Stack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Handled and resolved Open Stack related issues after the deployments and made the deployed environment to work without any issues.
- Created Jenkins pipeline jobs using Groovy Jenkins file. Pipeline provides Build as a code option to perform end to end process of source code, building and deployment in different environments.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Created Maven POM to automate build process for the projects and integrate them with the other tools SonarQube, Nexus.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker Containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker. Worked on deployment automation of all the microservices, pull image from the private docker registry and deploy.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Used Docker for setting Azure container registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating whole master and node.
- Installed Gluster on-top of Kubernetes for dynamic PVC provisioning.
- Used Kubernetes for automating deployment, Scaling and Operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provisioning container- centric infrastructure.
- Configured Red Hat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Involved in creation of virtual machines and infrastructure in the Azure Cloud environment.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Worked with Terraform key features as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling for launching Cloud instances while deploying microservices.
- Managed deployment automation using recipes, cookbooks in Chef using Python.
- Wrote multiple cookbooks in Chef and implemented environments, roles and data bags in Chef.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Worked in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, Ruby, Bash and shell scripts and managed to host the servers Tomcat, Apache and Nginx.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Worked on installation, configuration, and maintenance RedHat, CentOS and Ubuntu Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Maintained and administrated the Development, QA, and Pre-Production environment configurations for proper functioning of applications.
- Documented all the architectural decisions, configuration changes, deployment and release plans and testing results.
- Good problem solving, communication, analytical skills and can work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Open Stack, SVN, Jenkins, Chef, SonarQube, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Sphere, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Ruby, XML, UNIX, Oracle10g, 11g, JIRA, Python.
Confidential, Knoxville, TN
AWS Java Developer
- Worked on AWS- EC2, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, Elastic load balancing, VPC, IAM, RDC, Cloud Front(CDN), Cloud formation, Cloud Watch and Auto Scaling Services.
- Created and customized AMIs based on the existing AWS EC2 instances by creating image functionality, hence using the snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Setting up IAM Users/Roles/Groups/Policies and automated the DB, App backups to S3 using AWS CLI Used AWS CLI command line client and management console to interact with AWS resources and APIs
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation and AWS Ops works to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, system test and UAT environments for a software development
- Involved in developing and delivery of a Micro service applications by utilizing the AWS stack includes S3, EC2, Kinesis, DynamoDB, SQS and SNS.
- Developed messaging module using ActiveMQ and Spring JMS to interchange the information in reliable and asynchronous way in the Application.
- Storage service S3 is used for storing the snapshots, configuring the lifecycle of an Applications and Database logs, and also includes deleting old logs and archiving logs based on the Application and Databases retention policy.
- Developed code with Java SDK to connect with AWS Services.
- Worked with AWS API Gateway for implementing Micro Service Architecture and utilized ECS to deploy the Docker containers onto the servers
- AWS Lambda was used for serverless implementations, where the functions were triggered when the database tables were updated and modified
- Migrating existing application into REST/HTTP based Micro Service Architecture leveraging Spring Boot capabilities
- Experienced in using the java multi-threading to implement jobs with JDK features.
- Worked with GIT version control system to track various aspects of the project.
- Developed build script using MAVEN to build, package, test and deploy application in application server.
- Installed/ Configured/Managed Puppet master/agent. Wrote Custom modules, manifests and downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.
- Worked Establishing the Puppet manifest files to install JBOSS web servers. Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications on the JBOSS and configured it to the host websites.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate the deployment, configuration and lifecycle management of key clusters
- Created Puppet manifest files to install WebSphere and to manage configuration files for multiple applications. Deployed application packages on to the WebSphere server by collaborating with software development teams and QA teams.
- Developed Shell/Python to automate the deployment process
- Utilized Jenkins to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry
- Worked on Docker Container service and Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker files Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and development environments needs and configuration automation using the Docker Containers
- Worked in automation of software configuration management (SCM) including repository setup, branching, merging, release management processes
- Worked on troubleshooting both servers and application level issues and logging JIRA tickets as per the requirement
- Used Splunk to monitor applications deployed on the server, by analyzing the application and server log files. Worked on setting up the various dashboards, reports and alerts in Splunk
- Implemented data reading, saving and modification by stored procedures in MYSQL database
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Linux / UNIX Servers (Red hat, Cent OS, Solaris) at multiple Data Centers.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vSphere.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) source control.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Scripted ANT (Build.xml's) for Building ANT Projects.
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server, SSL certificates and involved in configuration of virtual hosts for Apache HTTP server.
- Performance monitoring and tuning using IO stat, VMStat and netstat, and used tools HP Open View to review historical logs for root cause analysis to troubleshooting the recurring problems.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in, Validation rules and branch/ merge processes.
- Configured yum repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Deployed to Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues.
- Creation of Configuration Management Plans, Usage Models for different applications.
- Developed and maintained the Standard Operating Procedures for the software.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring SVN repositories.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and modifying software.
Environment: VM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x,6.x, RPM, YUM, Windows 2008 server, Web logic server 9.2., RHEL, VMware ESX, VSphere, P2V, Veritas, Prstat, Sar, Vmstat, Ps, Iostat.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux operating systems and hardware maintenance changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Provided the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Strong work experience with User and Group Administration along with SUDO permissions and remote file transferring using SCP commands.
- Administration of repetitive jobs using CRON scheduling and using bash scripts to accomplish the task on multiple servers.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite DNS, IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP.
- Automated system management tasks user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Responsible for Performance tuning and management for Linux server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Involved in modifying and writing the Bash scripts for optimizing day to day administration.
Environment: Linux, RedHat, TCP, FTP, TFTP, Bash, Shell Scripts