- Over 8 years of IT industry experience with over 5 years in BEA WebLogic 7.x/8.x/9.2/10.x andAdministration/Development/Deploymentand other Servers (Apache Tomcat Server, IPlanet).
- Proven skills in Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning and Performance Monitoring of WebLogic Server administration.
- Expertise in Administration of Apache Tomcat Web Server and SunOne IPlanet Web Server on Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Confidential AIX, Windows NT and Confidential AIX 4.3/4.5 environments.
- Experience in developing and deploying the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintaining Load balancing and High availability.
- Strong knowledge in Clustering EJB objects, JDBC connections and JMS connection factories, queues and topics in WebLogic.
- Involved in migration from previous versions to current WebLogic Server version and JDK migrations.
- Extensive experience of clustering and workload Management
- Managed and administered Domains, nodes, managed servers in BEA WebLogic server
- Excellent BASH, C-Shell and KORN UNIX (shell) scripting skills in UNIX
- Extensive experience in managing WebLogic server in a 24x7 production environment.
- In-depth knowledge and troubleshooting experience with application deployment on WebLogic domains.
Web Technologies:J2EE (JSP, Java Beans, Servlets, Enterprise Java Beans), Struts Framework, Portlets, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, Ant, Java Scrip, HTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, SAX, DOM, JAX-RPC, Apache Velocity, Apache Axis, Junit, Web logic Workshop 8.1/9.2, WebLogic Integration, XML Beans, Java Page Flow, XQuery, JCX Controls.
Languages: Java, C/C++ and SQL
Application Server: BEA Web logic 7.0/8.1/9.x/10.x, Confidential Web Sphere, JBoss
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Confidential Http Server, Iplanet(SunOne) 4.x/5.x
IDEs: Web Sphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD), Eclipse
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX, LINUX, Confidential AIX (V4.3.3 and 5L v5.1, HACMP), Solaris 8/9/10.
Role: Sr. WebLogic Administrator.
Duration: April 2009 - Current
Skill/Tools: Weblogic server 8.1/9.2/10.x, JBOSS, JDK 1.4, Jrockit 1.5 J2EE, JDBC, Apache HTTP server 2.0/2.2, Oracle 9i/10g, Solaris, RedHat Linux AS4/5, Sentry, Wily Introscope, CSS and Foundry Load Balancer, ClearTrust, Shell scripting.
ECOM is an environment shared by many applications. ESP (ECOM Service Platform) team members work with CenturyLink development projects to model applications for an architecture that supports high availability, scalability, and stability. The ESP team provides support to CenturyLink development projects with providing expertise in the ECOM platform, advising projects on how to use J2EE model components in ECOM and Usage and behavior of J2EE components (i.e. JMS, JDBC, Web Services) and SSL Security Configurations. Application deployment tools have been developed to support the automated deployment, archive and recovery of applications into the ECOM clustered environment
- Performed Weblogic Server administration tasks such as installation, configuration, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Created BASH and KORN scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space and Apache health etc.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Multi Pools/Data Sources on WebLogic Server 8.1/9.2/10.x
- Developed and maintained shell scripts that facilitate the Administration of BEA WebLogic.
- Wrote scripts for production to start and stop in WebLogic Admin and Managed Servers.
- Involved in Migrating all the Development, Staging Environment’s to supported version of WebLogic and OS.
- Also involved in migration of NAS storage, Apache and Load balancer.
- Involved in configuring the WebLogic load balancing using Web Logic load balancing and clustering techniques.
- Run the health checks on all the servers and fix the deviations.
- Installing the patches to all the applications across the environment in WebLogic servers.
- Provided support to the production environments 24x7 operation basis. This support includes participation in problem determination and resolution for outages and other problems.
- Regular tasks performed include Install of S/W patches, Test new releases, Monitor S/W and environment performance.
- Provide interface to Networking organization to address network and protocol issues.
- Maintain a parallel system test and end-to-end test environment that is essentially a mirror image of the production in ECOM platform.
- Investigated Out Of Memory issues by using wily Introscope, JRMC and analyzing thread dumps.
Project Name: Confidential
Role: WebLogic Admin.
Duration: July 08 – March 09
Draywatch (DWS) is a web-based, common user platform that is designed to provide real-time communication between Ocean Carriers, Draymen, and Customers. Draywatch is a web based internet application for trucking companies and Maersk. It allows collaboration between ocean carriers and trucking companies to manage the work order life cycle that includes manage Work Orders and Invoices, Equipment Pool Management. The system interfaces seamlessly with the systems of these business entities.
- Migrated existing applications from weblolgic7.1 to weblogic8.1.
- Installed and Configure the production web server that consists of an SSL enabled Apache HTTP server that load-balances requests to two Weblogic servers.
- Created a number of shell scripts for cleaning log files, file transfer, restarting the webLogic servers etc.
- Installation and configuration of BEA Weblogic application servers on Solaris 10.
- Developed Ant build scripts for builds and deployment of web applications in Weblogic8.1.
- Supported the Application in dev, staging and production environments.
- Troubleshooting for WebLogic servers and Migration problems.
- Responsible with buildings of J2EE applications from source code, deployment of applications to environments, implementation and maintenance of development systems, administration and configuration of WebLogic servers.
- Effectively automated WebLogic 8.1 Domain and Managed Server builds using Jakarta Ant and shell scripts reducing manual domain builds.
- Managed to create cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
Project Name: Confidential
Client: Confidential,Richardson, TX.
Role: WebLogic Admin.
Duration: Aug 06 – June 08
Skill/Tools: WebLogic Workshop 8.1.6, Java, J2EE, JDBC, XML, XMLBeans, Schemas, Web Services, SQL, TOAD, Design Patterns, DHTML, Log4j, ANT, and Star Team
Retail Management System is the management and monitoring solution for Photo Smart studios deployed at retails stores. This solution is portal based solution to be used by retails operator for day-today activity for managing Photo Smart studio, as well this will be used by NOC and RPS Operations team to manage the Photo Smart infrastructure.
- Design & Development of page flows, Portlets & JCS controls using WebLogic Workshop 8.1.6.
- Involved in the Analysis, Design and Development phase for Managing Users and Groups in RMS System.
- Create/Add Users.
- Create/Add Groups.
- Modify Users And Groups.
- Used DBControls and XMLBeans (Request and Response Objects) for retrieving data from VISION System.
- Created Managed Servers in a Cluster with round-robin algorithm for Load Balancing.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Used config wizard and config builder extensively to create and manage WebLogic domains.
- Installed, configured and administered Bea WebLogic Server 8.1 in various environments
- Generated the client side web services, which contains the stub data.
- Used NETUI tag libraries in developing JSP’s.
- Set up WebLogic domain with a single Server instance for developers on their windows machines.
- Involved in configuring the WebLogic load balancing using WebLogic load balancing and clustering techniques.
- Performing builds, fixing Defects, and attending defect calls with Testers and Business Users.
Project Name: Confidential
Client: Confidential, Somers, NY.
Role: WebLogic Portal and J2EE Developer.
Duration: Dec 05 – July 06
Skill/Tools: JDK1.4,J2EE,Jrockit8.1, JSP, Servlets, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, XML, Oracle9i, WebLogic Server 7.0/8.1sp1&sp2,Weblogic portal, Ant1.5.1, Win2K, AIX, Solaris, Linux, CVS and CM Synergy.
The project is being developed for the human resource department of Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG), US. PBG wanted to develop a content manageable portal site for HR containing all information required by the employee from policies to guides and templates. As information resources required proper authorization depending on the role, WebLogic Portal 8.1 features of customization, content management using BEA Repository etc., was a perfect match. For authentication Open LDAP is being used.
- As a Sr. Developer was responsible for overall Architecture, Design, Development and Testing of portal application.
- Focused extensively on the Performance and Fine Tuning of the Application. Used Load Runner Tool for evaluating the load and performance testing. Configured WebLogic for good performance.
- Developed portal proof of concept for customization, content management using BEA Repository etc.
- Object-relational mapping (OR mapping) used for integrate object programming language capabilities with Oracle database.
- Also, trained client developers for portal.
Project Name: Confidential,
Client: Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
Role: J2EE Developer
Duration: March 05- Nov 05
Skill/Tools: Java 1.4, J2EE, Jakarta Apache Struts Framework, EJBs, Web Services, JSP 2.0, JSTL, Tiles, XML, Oracle 9i, SAX Parser, PL/SQL, XML Spy, JUnit, Rational Rose (UML), Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, BEA WebLogic Application Server 8.1, IntelliJ IDEA 5.0, Windows NT.
Developed and tested a web-based case management system for the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) and the California Superior Courts using J2EE, EJB, JSP, XML, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL. The V3 Project is developed based on the Struts Framework and the V3 Framework. The V3 system is designed to meet the requirements of Civil, Small Claims, and Probate case types. Requirements for the other case types will also be taken into consideration with the intention of developing an architectural framework that can be extended at a later time to other case types.
- Developed the Admin (Configure Scheduling Rules, Configure Resource Allocation, Configure Resource Unavailability), Calendar (Finalize Calendar, Display/Print Calendar), Disposition (Record/Enter Judgment),
- Courtroom (Record Issuances), Case Management (Case Initiation, Case Association, Case Disassociation) modules for the V3 Application.
- Developed Session Beans (Stateless), DAO’s, Value Objects, DTO’s, SQL Helper classes, Business Delegates for my modules.
- Developed Web Services with J2EE 1.4 for the Case Management module using JAX-RPC and SOAP.
- Developed JSPs and Action Classes for Record Issuance functionality.
- Used JSTL (JSP Standard Tag Library) for developing the JSP pages.
- Used Apache Axis for implementing the Java Web Services.
- Used SAX Parser for parsing the XML documents.
- Used XML Spy as the XML editor for writing the Data Access Services (SQL queries in XML format) for my modules.
- Used Rational Rose UML modeling tool for design artifacts (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams).
- Deployed the V3 application on WebLogic Application Server 8.1.
Project Name: Confidential,
Client: Confidential, Lakehurst, NJ.
Role: J2EE Developer
Duration: April 04– Feb 05
This application provides automatic online payments to various merchants using Customer Bank Account or Debit Card Number. Customers can schedule online recurring payments for various merchants who registered with the Bank. Customers can edit or cancel their scheduled payment for any merchant. Customers can see their past payment history. It has admin module for the Merchant registration. Admin users can edit and update the merchant profile. Online Payment Authentication and authorization is implemented using Authorized.Net Payment gateway.
- Created UML class diagrams that depict the code’s design and its compliance with the functional requirements.
- Used several J2EE design Patterns (Session Façade, DAO) for the Middle Tier development.
- Developed EJB’s in WebLogic for handling business process, database access and asynchronous messaging.
- Used Java Mail notification mechanism to send confirmation email to customers about scheduled payments.
- Developed Message-Driven beans in collaboration with Java Messaging Service (JMS) to communicate with the merchant systems.
- Wrote Stored Procedures and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Involved in building and parsing XML documents using SAX parser after retrieving payment history data from the database.
- Deployed the application on JBOSS Application Server.
- Used Clear Case for version controlling and configuration management.