- I have built many digital applications including inter/intranets, extranets, websites, Windows 8 apps, Android Apps, responsive and SharePoint sites.
- I ran meetings with stake holders and help guide the business need.
- I have experience partnering with various roles in a company, to include developers and individuals in marketing and follow the project from start to finish.
- I loved taking complex problems and solving them with HCD (Human Centered Design) techniques and semantic code.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Card Sorting
- HTML 5
- Human Centered Design
- Interaction Design
- Pattern Libraries
- Responsive Design
- UI/UX Design
- Usability Testing
- User Interviews
Senior UX/UI Designer & Developer
- I was the Lead Designer on company intranets, extranets and apps.
- As the Lead Designer, I built a new, international intranet for Discovery Channel.
- I ran the project from start to finish, completing user research and visual design all while teaching a junior designer.
- The final design improved communications and employee process.
- Another project highlight was the Confidential claims app.
- As the Lead Designer, I shadowed current claims adjusters and completed user research.
- I took existing branding guidelines and created wireframes and prototypes.
- I also wrote all CSS/SCSS.
- The app helped alleviate frustration and greatly improved the time it took to process a claim.
- I ran card sorting and usability testing as well as created personas and other Human Centered Design techniques.
- I gathered requirements, analyzed the user behaviors and documented data. I performed content audits and analyzed search trends.
- I worked with stake holders and created design comps based on the information discovered in the User Research process.
- I worked to explore colors and design elements all while keeping the focus on user needs.
- If there was existing branding, I followed the guidelines.
- I listened to the clients wants and needs making sure the business was happy.
- I created pattern libraries with CSS/HTML code included.
- As an Interaction Designer, I looked at making simple design elegant.
- I understood how small changes and movement could impact the user and ease of use.
- I worked on prototypes and wireframes.
- I created the CSS3, HTML5, SCSS and sometimes used Bootstrap, Neat or other foundations.
- I followed current coding best practices and kept 508 compliance in mind.
- Semantic code is very important in the development process.
Senior UX/UI Designer & Developer
- While consulting at Confidential I met with clients and ran discovery sessions.
- I documented requirements and created information architecture.
- I ran usability tests and created prototypes based on feedback.
- I created design comps and pattern libraries, always testing the design.
- I worked with SharePoint, CSS, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and other tools.
- Project Highlights: As the Lead Designer for a medical app, I ran usability tests and made improvements.
- I created a style guide, wireframes and design comps.
- After the website was released, the users were able to read reports easier and understand results at a glance.
- As a Website Specialist, I evaluated reports and current user data and made suggestions for improvements.
- I maintained the company's internal and external facing sites.
- I created CSS/ HTML and ran user testing.
- I worked with IT and marketing to merge the vision together.
- I was the lead designer for the company's inter/intranets, extranets and digital media.
- I wrote CSS/HTML for all applications.
- I created graphics and organized photography.
- I designed email campaigns