- Objective - C
- Common Lisp
- Standard ML
- CSS PostgreSQL
- Oracle Qt
- GTK Linux
- Mac OS X
- Contributed critical functionality to FRT’s MEAN - stack software applications, which automate data-ingest processes for FRT data analysts and allow FRT clients to check case status and determine eligibility for recovery.
- Worked on contract at Confidential to add key pieces of functionality to a wide-area motion imaging framework that works with a variety of sensors developed by the laboratory’s Group 99. C++, Qt, Win32, MATLAB, Node.js.
- Worked on contract with Confidential to support the ITA PSS airline booking application, including software engineering and maintenance in Common Lisp.
- Assisted Confidential Acquisition Ops with the migration of acquired Java applications to Confidential build and deployment infrastructure, migrating from Maven to Confidential internal build tools.
- Modified OsmAnd, an open-source GPS navigation app, to transmit turn info via Bluetooth from an Android phone to a custom device.
- Worked with the Confidential 2.009 (product engineering) students who built the device - a heads-up display for motorcycle helmets - to integrate the app with the device, answer questions, and provide support as needed to get the device usable for a product demonstration.
- This was a 2-week contract job.
- Developer on the Confidential Storage product line, a suite of appliances running a custom Python- and Twisted-based stack.
- Contributed changes to the packaging and server infrastructure necessary to migrate to Ubuntu Linux as a base platform.
- Member of software team responsible for development and maintenance of the C++ code base for the Linux-based “ Confidential ” robotics control platform; installation of Confidential on Bluefin AUVs; as well as development and maintenance of Windows-based topside tools including a mission planner, Dashboard (status monitor/mission command program), and post-mission analysis tools.
- Implemented “Service Mode”, a daemon that allows Bluefin software personnel to remotely install and service onboard software after the vehicle had been delivered to the customer.
- Upgraded vehicles to the Linux 2.6 kernel, ported kernel device drivers necessary for vehicle operation to 2.6.
- Wrote, tested, and debugged various device drivers, particularly to facilitate acoustic communications between the vehicle and topside.
- Implemented the Qt GUI layer of the ShipView for the Hovering AUV (HAUV) project, which provides an indicator of vehicle position and vehicle track overlaid on a CAD drawing of the ship.
- Implemented client-requested functionality, including writing a complete unified interface that used XMLHttpRequest (“AJAX”) to present the parts of a document's structure in one place for editing.
- Developed document templates using the XML formats XSLT and XSL-FO to replace legacy Miramo templates.
Confidential, Palm Desert, CA
- Implemented a Web catalog and purchase order system for Confidential in Python on a virtual server. Used Apache and PostgreSQL as a platform.
- Designed and implemented a complete server solution including Linux, Apache, Tomcat, and PostgreSQL for the Instant Quote and Reservation System of Great Hawaii Vacations, and wrote Web application layer for the same in Scheme, including XML query layer for third-party wholesalers.
- Worked with project lead to integrate the Web application with client's pre-existing infrastructure.
- Author of the SpriteCore game framework, a multiplatform 2D game library written in Objective-C (formerly C++), with a retargetable rendering back end.
- Author of Valkyree, a software synthesizer in Scheme which models sound and music as functions and provides a combinator library to generate and operate on waveforms.
- Occasional contributor to the Gambit Scheme compiler.
- Fixed a few bugs in the I/O system; also working on a new low-level socket I/O interface for Gambit.
- Developing ext3 journalling extensions for the ext2fs driver in the NetBSD kernel.