- A bright, talented and ambitious IT support technician with a strong technical background who possesses self - discipline and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Excellent customer facing, communication and rapport building skills.
- Physically fit, able to work in confined spaces, crawl and lift heavy objects.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work flexible schedules/shifts.
- Possessing a good team spirit, deadline orientated and having the ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately.
- Proficient or recognizes a vast array of programming languages, concepts and technologies including: Java, CSS, HTML, C++.
- Assist in the development of internet pages using HTML/CSS
- Test websites for cross browser compatibility and fix issues arising with the pages and not working link in Drupal environment
- Work with ticket management system(JIRA)
- Participate in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the development life cycle
- Formulate recommendations, as needed, for process and product improvements
- Determine and analyzes user interface problems and orients users on new or changed procedures
- Participate in project implementation and deployment effort of new Women’s and Children's Hospital (IWH) with 23,00+ HP computers, 1000+ HP printers/ scanners
- Moderate experience and knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Respond to IT support requests from clients as related to hardware and software issues via multiple sources, such as phone calls, emails, remote access technologies, and face-to-face meetings on sight
- Enter data into the tracking ticketing system(Servicenow)
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Communicate updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity
- Provide on-the-spot training to clients for hardware and software
- Ensure compliance with IT policies, data consistency, as well as inventory management and reporting
- Maintain all hardware and software compliant to security policy, procedures, and standards
- Coordinate and schedules deployments of equipment
- Provide basic support on iOS/ Android/Windows smartphones and tablets
- Perform Active Directory related functions via ActiveRoles Server
- Experience using monitoring tool Solarwinds
- 4+ years of experience in supporting clients in IT field
- Experience with supporting Windows OS (re-imaging, staging, and troubleshooting)
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Participated in OS migration process for over 10,000 pc’s
- Perform cross connections in IT closets
- Tracing/searching for unknown devices on a network throughout facilities
Information Technology Systems Technician
- Familiar with protocols FTP/HTTP/SMTP and SSH
- For file transfer used Filezilla,Putty, and SSH Secure Shell
- Provide front line support to over 10000+ faculty and students per day with a friendly customer service and accurate resolution
- Administrating accounts(Password resets, service synchronization, role maintenance)
- Work with ticket management system(Footprints BMC)
- Monitored, routed, resolved, escalated and followed-up software and hardware tickets for customers
- Assist in creating/modifying user guides and troubleshooting technical manuals
- Overall understanding of VPN, WAN, LAN
- Diagnosis of desktop, application, networking and infrastructure issues
- Experience of supporting a wide and varied client base.
- Troubleshooting PC’s, laptops and mobile devices
- Providing 1st/2nd line support to users; administering and implementing the IT department’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for supporting following OS’s: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 10/iOS
- Responsible for supporting Microsoft Suite 2003 and 2007