- Engineer seeking opportunities to write beautiful code and make the world better through test - driven software.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining robust back-end scripting solutions and APIs.
- Open to wheelhouse expansion and new problem spaces, particularly in applying good habits and passion to systems development.
- Security-conscious and dedicated to best practices of software development, particularly readability and extensibility of code and shared investment of knowledge capital through thorough documentation.
- Thrives in high-communication agile work environments with rich collaboration and knowledge sharing across teams.
- Stalwart open-source steward, including contributions accepted by Confidential library Zenpy and cloud configuration manager SaltStack.
Software: Subversion, Git/Github/Gitlab, Mercurial, OSX, Linux (CentOS and Debian), Windows, AWS, Nagios, MySQL, bash, Salt, Flask, .NET Core
Software and DevOps Engineer
- Improved deployment automation of flagship application on AWS using SaltStack
- Reduced Ops labor time from six-plus hours to thirty minutes per deployment
- Devised asynchronous task framework to connect Flask webapp and Salt master server
- Reduced customer onboarding delay from two weeks to potentially one hour when used
- Extended internal analytics framework to schedule wider variety of pipeline jobs
- Enabled access to wider variety of daily customer business intelligence data sets
- Leveraged Python to build labor-saving solutions for ad auditing and customer enrollment
- Vastly reduced labor hours required for setup
- Prevented theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars of ad space
- Participated in development of open-source libraries on behalf of Confidential
- Enriched customer integration by enabling customers to script around Confidential API