- A highly self - motivated professional with over 30 years of experience in the software vendor industry.
- Employed, at progressively different levels of seniority and responsibility, with Confidential in Atlanta, Over 10 of those years at Director, VP and CTO (Research and Development) levels.
- Worked with company owner to build a development team and design the patented Ivory Service Architect solution, the company’s flagship product used as the SOA infrastructure to access IBM System z business logic at over 50 installations world wide.
- (Co-author of United States Patent: 7,665,074 (with Roland Martin) which protects the Ivory solution, a unique cross industry software suite to modernize procedural business language applications by providing an Object Oriented integration layer using SOAP and/or REST XML/JSON as the transport).
- Managed the advancement of the company infrastructure from IBM 4331 to IBM z114
- Have managed Sales Engineers responsible for prospective technical sales proposals and has advised marketing and development teams about technology advancements.
- Authored numerous technical and marketing articles, created presentations and web-casts to promote company software solutions and directions.
- A team oriented software solutions professional with a focus on the delivery of profitable software solutions using innovative agile methodologies.
- Creative problem solver with a unique ability to communicate technical requirements with cross functional teams while stressing strategic importance, return on investment and quality of delivered solutions.
- Is skillful at promoting company and solutions in a global market to strategic alliance partners, infrastructure partners and marketing analysts, both foreign and domestic.
- Very comfortable working on management teams to tackle innovative ideals, improve quality, expand partnerships and generate sustainable revenue / EBITDA.
- Is an effective team leader, recently responsible for 6 Area Managers with over 25 indirect reports
- Managed a budget of over $2 million for development staff and an IBM System z infrastructure
- Consistently delivered quality system software solutions on time and under budget
- Responsible for regular technical disclosures presentations to top marketing analyst firms
- Filled a technical leadership role, assisting sales and support engagements in several European countries and in North and South America - for customers and partner on-site engagements
- Successfully designed and assisted in the development of a Patented Web Service solution
- Advised company owners and management team peers of technical staff capabilities and the technical value of solutions before and during acquisition of two companies
- Managed SWOT analysis process to define strategic software development road maps
- Managed acquisition of software products and their integration into company sales
- Managed 24x7 customer support for a global client and partner network
- Author of two system software solutions installed at over 200 IBM System z client sites
- Hands on manager with software development skills in multiple programming languages
- Great recruiting skills with a network to find, select and retain top technical talent
Enterprise Software: IBM z/OS, CICS/TS, IMS/DB, IBM & Dignus C/C++, Linux for zIMS/TM, DB2 (SQL), ASSEMBLER, IBM z/VSE, CA-IDMS/DC, VSAM, JAVA, IBM z/VM, CA-ADS/OL, CA-DataCom/DB, COBOL, Natural, CA-IDMS/DB PL/I
Distributed Software: Microsoft,Linux Ubuntu, Tomcat, Apache Server, Windows, VMware, Open Office, JBOSS, IIS, Office, Eclipse, WebSphere, Java, Outlook, Visual Studio, Jetty, C#, Project, TFS WebLogic, Visual Basic
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. VP Strategic Software Innovation (CTO)Responsibilities:
- Directly assisted in the building of a systems software company from 5 person team into a multimillion dollar system software solution provider, supporting a global customer base and partner reseller network covering Europe, Asia Pacific, North and South Americas
- Managed the acquisition, implementation and maintenance of multiple IBM hardware systems ranging from developer desktops, Dell Blade Server, IBM Power Systems Blades and IBM System z BC class machines of z9 and z114 models
- Managed and directed advancement of development team software and hardware infrastructure from 3270 based development to Microsoft-based development infrastructure
- Recruited, mentored and trained top talent, thereby building a development and support staff to a company high of more than 25 team members
- Directly responsible for building a customer base and providing cash flow through innovative enhancements to products in use at more than 250 companies worldwide
- Successfully outsourced several system software projects using off and near-shore development contracting to augment staff with contractors from Russia, India and Central America
- Gained patent application knowledge and experience writing provisional applications, patent claims, abstracts, summaries and providing technical details to back up what is claimed
- Managed an IBM Partner World Developer Assistance Program for more than 20 years, maintaining IBM Advanced Partner status for a majority of that time
Sr. VP Strategic Software Innovation (CTO)
- Promoted to Sr. Vice President, Strategic Software Innovation in July, 2012.
- Responsible for maximizing the reach and potential of company software solutions and service offerings by promoting innovative methods to maximize company sales success
- Worked closely with the Sales VP to manage Sales Engineers in assisting the sales team to prospect and win competitive software deals
- Advised marketing on methods of improving company sales and marketing content
- Promoted company and solutions to Gartner, Forrester, IBM, customers and partners by speaking at conferences, hosting Web Casts and creating White Papers
Vice President Research and Development (CTO)
- Promoted to Vice President of R & D in August, 2000 after successful launch of VisualConnect, a tn3270 to web browser modernization solution
- Provided the technical review of the Fujitsu offering to owners and completed an in-depth technical review on a second acquisition, Viaserv - a data access technology company located in Boulder
- Provided technical team leadership to multiple Managers covering operations, support, enterprise and distributed development, all while promoting the company at conferences, marketing analysts’ reviews and assisting in building global partnership coverage
- Managed z/OS team in the acquisition of IBM System z hardware at a substantial discount, saving company over 50 percent the list price of a BC class z9 machine
- Recruited top talent and worked closely with co-author of the US patent 7,665,074 to design and develop the Ivory Service Architect solution
- Convinced company owner to build a development team to create a graphical modeling service software solution for CICS and IMS applications
- Attended IBM "invitation only” Independent Software Vendor (ISV) conferences to review confidential information about IBM System z software and to provide feedback
Director of Research and Development
- Promoted to Director of R & D in December, 1998 after successful acquisition of tn3270 technology from Wang (Bull Computing)
- Promoted software solutions to IBM, Gartner and partners to establish a global presence
- Provided leadership to a team of developers to design and plan integration of software acquired from Bull Computing
- Provided technical recruiting leadership to build a development team to develop and support company’s first Java development effort
Sr. Assembler Solution Developer
- Under direction of owner, worked with Wang (Bull Computing) on the analysis and ultimate acquisition of technology for web enabling tn3270 applications
- Provided technical leadership for creation of marketing, documentation and solution road maps
- Applied to IBM PartnerWorld and accepted to program in Oct. 1995 ; this partnership provided the company with access to numerous developer partner hardware and software discounts
- Team Leader for design and development of an HTTP Server for CICS/TS which provided CICS COBOL application access to a CGI interface for internet browsers.
- In addition, the solution provided CICS/TS clients with a FTP Server, EMAIL Client and 3270 Internet Browser
- Assisted with design and development of C run-time library to support company’s first joint effort with IBM.
- The BookManager for CICS solution, jointly sold by IBM and gT, which reached a customer base of over 20 customers
- Worked with IBM to establish a development partnership with IBM BookManager.
- Established access security standards to meet the requirements of IBM, presented company coding standards and defect rates to IBM
- Established C and Assembler coding standards and conventions for development team
- Designed and developed WQL/GT, a SAS/C and IBM/C CICS 3270 system software package for providing access to DB2 information via dynamic SQL.
- Company’s first C-based software package sold to over 25 clients before being merged with the ASSiSt/GT solution
- Designed and developed ASSIST/GT, an Assembler 3270 system software package for providing access to help information for CICS applications - exploited CICS exits to allow dynamic 3270 screen swapping.
- Provided windows, manuals and application menus for client applications