- Multifaceted technical career with 10 years of experience in Software Development (Web and Database) across multiple platforms, languages and environments.
- Practiced in analyzing and defining complex business processes and requirements, creating functional specifications, work breakdown structures, and delivering scalable architectures and system enhancements.
- Experienced with various software methodologies including Waterfall, various flavors of Agile (Scrum & DAD) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Manage large projects and teams and recognized for high - quality deliverables that meet or exceed timeline and budget.
- Highly inquisitive about new web development technologies and adept at promptly and thoroughly mastering them with a keen awareness of new industry developments and the evolution of programming solutions.
- Capable of quickly learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- NET Framework
- Digital Transformation
- Application Development
- Web, mobile, windows and database
- Systems integration
- Agile, XP, RUP & Waterfall
- Modernize legacy systems
- Data migration
- Continuous process improvement
- Project management
- Resource management
- Cost control
- Geographically diverse teams
- Provisioning Management
- Billing Mediation
- Data Assurance
- Order & Inventory Management
- C#, MVC, Web forms
- SOA, RESTful, SOAP, OpenAPI Specification
- Azure (PaaS), SaaS
- SharePoint, SSRS, SSIS
- Entity Framework, LINQ, Stored Procedures
- SQL Server, Sybase ASE, Oracle
- T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Git, Subversion, TFS
- Atlassian ecosystem
- MS Project & MS Visio
- A2A, B2B, B2G Integration
- Document Management
Languages: C#, C++, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL/PSM, VB 6.0
Databases: Sybase ASE (12.5, 15.5), SQL Server (‘05 & above), Oracle (9i, 10g), MySQL (5.1x)
Database Utilities: DbVisualizer, ASE iSQL, RazorSQL, Sybase Central, SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Version & Build Tools: Team Foundation Server, Visual SourceSafe (VSS), Subversion Control (SVN), Git repository, Jenkins, InstallShield, Atlassian Environment (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, FishEye)
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum & DAD), Waterfall, Rational Unified Process
Data Mining Tools: Weka, Rapid Miner
Other Tools: Visual Studio (2005 & above), Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, Borland Together, StarUML, EXTRA Personal client, VNC, MS Office suite.
Confidential, Palm Bay, FL
Software Engineering Manager
- Provided with additional responsibility as a team lead managing the design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of custom and enterprise level web, mobile, windows and database applications.
- Focus on building and managing a professional team of 5 resources (internal and contractors) across three different geographic regions and cross-train them on various platforms including Confidential technologies, open source frameworks, agile methodologies and object oriented design.
- Collaborate with product management, quality assurance, DevOps and other teams to make sure that the product meets all the requirements/specifications.
- Interface with other software engineering managers and teams across Inmarsat to effectively share software designs, technologies, and other aspects to enhance collective software discipline.
- Manage application life cycle using agile methodologies, technical documentation, planning and forecasting of projects and resources utilizing the Atlassian ecosystem.
Senior Software Engineer
- Drive architecture, design and implementation of critical parts (XML web services, APIs, middle-tier libraries, database business components, windows services and user interface) for Inmarsat OSS and BSS.
- Modernize enterprise legacy applications by redesigning and implementing them in modern framework, bridging legacy technologies into modern broker-based enterprise architecture.
- Analyze business requirements, scope and estimate work for agile scrum sprints.
- Participate in agile process (scrum, TDD, Pair Programming and CI) to deliver code functionality within agreed timescale.
- Proactively improve efficiency and performance of applications through automation and business process improvement.
- Establish, manage and provide technical leadership to a team of 3 junior developers; document and share developed software with the team. Participate in code reviews.
- Utilize DevOps tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery to host-based infrastructures while ensuring high availability of services on both production and staging systems.
- Collaborate with QA team and handle unit testing, system integration testing, concurrency testing and prepare test procedures.
- Collaborate with DevOps and production support to resolve production issues and perform root cause assessment.
Assistant Systems Engineer
- Performed requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of robust web and database applications using Classic ASP and Oracle database.
- Analyzed business rules, implemented stored procedures / packages, functions, views, indexes, cursors, triggers, jobs, forms and reports, and scheduled the same to ensure the rules are met.
- Handled unit testing, system integration testing and coordinated in user acceptance testing
- Configured Oracle databases for development and IVVT environments, and supported software deployment in production environment.