- 10 years experience developing web applications and services.
- Expert knowledge of front - end technologies.
- Experience constructing scalable and highly available systems on n-tier architectures.
- Experienced in relational database systems and caching mechanisms.
- Experienced in object oriented design, design patterns and the concepts of code reuse.
- Proficient in system administration on Linux environments.
- NodeJS, PHP
- RESTful Web services
- React, AngularJS (1 & 2), Bootstrap
- Redux, Material UI, React Bootstrap, Express, KoaJS
- Zend, Slim
- Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, Webdriver, Sauce Labs
- PHP Unit, pytest
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- EC2, ECS, EBS o S3, CloudFront o RDS, ElastiCache o VPC, Route 53, API Gateway
Senior Software Developer IIIConfidential, Irvine, CA
- Architect and fully develop rapid applications for internal business units.
- Manage the full software development life cycle including design, development, test, product and project management .
- Responsible for maintaining scrum methodologies for the projects I am responsible for in an agile environment.
- Produce innovations and patents for the global organization.
- Fully managed and developed a web-based application delivering fire protection training materials to customers who maintain their own fire equipment utilizing Node.js, Angular 2+, Redis and integrations with Salesforce and Cornerstone LMS.
- Maintained a web application responsible for sharing mobile apps and dependencies across the organization utilizing Angular 1, Node.js and integrations with backend RESTful services.
- Assisted multiple groups within my team to deliver new innovations to the company using Confidential Echo, smart devices, mobile applications, web services and supporting infrastructure.
Senior Software DeveloperConfidential, Irvine, CA
- Building web, flash and mobile user interfaces across several media properties.
- Prototyping of new initiatives for existing products and new live streaming video products.
- Maintaining all layers of the technology stack.
- Improved engineering efficiency by creating processes, documentation, automation and tools.
- Architected a highly scalable system for transcoding live video streams into images for consumption by browsers with video limitations utilizing NodeJS and FFMPEG.
- Built a fully responsive mobile version of the flagship web property
- Constructed several prototypes for real time event driven products such as chat and live video streaming utilizing NodeJS and React.
- Researched and provided a general technological direction for a variety of initiatives including build, provisioning, deployment, configuration, logging, metrics collection, collaboration and general scalability.
Sr Web Engineer (III)
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Interacting with cross-functional engineering teams to develop and implement highly scalable micro-services.
- Building heavy-event-driven user interfaces on top of a robust IoT platform.
- Collaborating with peers to create and document efficient agile processes.
- Maintaining and administrating development and QA resources and infrastructure.
- Utilized React and NodeJS to construct a web application for managing IoT enabled devices such as fire panels, gateways, alarms and sensors.
- Created a metrics collection infrastructure utilizing StatsD, CollectD and Graphite.
- Supported development and quality assurance teams by provisioning and maintaining host resources with Confidential vCloud Director.
Front-End Infrastructure EngineerConfidential, Mountain View, CA
- Deciding the technical direction for front-end architecture and features.
- Interacting with cross-functional engineering teams to architect and develop high-performance and scalable user interfaces.
- Ensuring the quality of all client side functionality by building tools and testing infrastructures.
- Leading a group of engineers to innovate and develop the next generation of Confidential features.
- Took leadership of the entire client infrastructure team (4 developers) within my first quarter of employment.
- Lead an overhaul of the company’s client-side technology stack from a proprietary solution to modern frameworks such as AngularJS and Twitter Bootstrap.
- Defined coding and testing standards on the new technology stack, built a re-usable components library and developed multiple themes to create a consistent look and feel across all company web properties.
- Wrote extensive documentation and code samples of the modernized components framework.
- Created a build and release infrastructure for themes and components; created semantically versioned component and theme packages for distribution on an edge.
- Worked with cross functional teams to implement the new technology stack in individually deployable applications.
- Collaborated with infrastructure teams to move our products to single page application architectures.