- Expert Software Developer with 10+ years of experience in Design, Development and Deployment of Production Software for Home Networking and Consumer Electronic Devices.
- Wide range of expertise: Platform Software, Middleware, Application Software.
- Experience in different phases of Software Development: Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Test Plans, White Box Testing, Debugging, and Deployment.
- Quick Learner, Team Player and Results Oriented Professional.
Language: C++, Linux, MPEG - Dash, IOS, Android, Intel SDK, JSON scripts, JAVA, AWT
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented enhancements and fixed defects in software on Linux set top box, IOS and Android platforms.
- Made changes in streamer to send low bitrate stream in low bandwidth.
- Ported and enhanced the HLS Streamer to CentOS.
- Replaced the JAVA/JNI implementation of OCAP Resource Manager and Conditional Access Manager with C++ implementation.
- Reduced foot print, improved performance, improved stability, and reduced latencies with the new implementation.
- Ported the platform interface layer of DVR to use interface provided by Intel SDK. Achieved this in a short schedule to facilitate an important demo.
- Implemented changes to send DVR buffers to IP clients, after DTCP encryption.
- Fixed performance issues by minimizing memory copies of buffers.
- Made changes to record and send out TTS headers to IP client for better playback experience.
- Supported field deployment and fixed reported bugs.
- Parsed and displayed EPG on FIOS TV using JAVA on Confidential 's FIOS TV.
- Implemented platform interface to get Closed Captioning data from Video stream.
- Integrated the Closed Captioning State Machine with the OCAP Implementation.
- Refactored the Closed Captioning code to use a generic graphic interface.
- Ported the stack to multiple hardware platforms with different operating systems, for manufacturers such as Mitsubishi, RCA.
- Redesigned the stack to remove unnecessary generic functions and reduced binary sizes, to run on low memory devices.
- Implemented the Communication Media Manager of HAVi stack on MOST bus (Media Oriented Systems Transport) for Automotive industry. Demonstrated a working HAVi stack running on MOST devices from Automotive manufacturers such as Daimler Chrysler and Bosch.