An experienced web developer, with design and management experience. My strengths and interests lie in E-Commerce development.
Strong experience and knowledge in:
- E-Commerce (Magento, OSC, VM)
- XHTML/DHTML & CSS
- CMS (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress)
- LAMP/XAMPP/WAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Web Design/Graphic Design/Flash
- Omniture Offermatica
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Custom Magento extensions/modules
- Flash ActionScript
- Concurrent Versions System (GIT,SVN)
- Integration with payment modules (C.S, PayPal, Authorize, etc
- Integration with Magento Core API using SOAP XML
- Can work with multiple operating systems such as Mac OSX, XP, Win7, Linux
- Experienced in setting up development server for testing, QA, problem solving and sub version systems GIT/SVN
Jan 2010 to Current
- Customized Magento site for a groupon like daily deal site
- Programmed several custom extensions
- Created a custom splash page was created for a consumer to enter in their zipcode and directs them to the store that's closest to them. A custom table has multi-stores and zip codes attached to them. After the customer enters their zip code and enters the site a cookie is set and able to always go back to their "city"
- Created a custom extension that, if the user does not enter in a zip code anywhere, or enters the site not using the splash page—goes to a default store that is defined in the backend configuration
- Added a capability to custom forms to customize which email it sends out too, configurable in the backend.
- Created and customized the front-end theme that used custom XML
- Integration with Cybersource payment method
- Development was done locally on Linux and MacOSX
- Using GIT versioning
- Using the most current Magento Enterprise
- Managing bugs using Jira and documenting all site configuration
May 2011 to Feb 2012
Confidential, 15,000+ products 15+ stores
Sr. Magento Programmer
- My main task was to fix and clean Magento code that was developed by another party, and then develop from clean code. Also, to implement Magento best practices.
- Created a custom Paypal Express payment module
- Designed 11 custom extensions, of some I coded from core code from free modules that reduced time and money.
- A module that showed the most recent activity by purchase and also the ability to add in 'dummy' products if a store is new and has no purchases. A validator was added (on the backend panel) for adding in the correct sku to reduce human error. This was compatible with multi-store.
- A most popular module was created to show the most popular products purchased and also the ability to add in dummy products from the backend.
- Custom email reporting extension that was added to the backend for accounting to export custom data like customer and purchase data.
- These applications were successfully tested in different browsers, created dynamic web pages for cross browser functionality.
- Development was done locally on Linux and MacOSX.
- On a team with 2 other developers.
- Used GIT/SVN (mostly command line) on a daily basis.
May 2010 to April 2011
Sr. Magento Programmer (Contract, In-house)
- Working directly under the CIO of K-Swiss, I Developed the client ecommerce website using Magento, PHP, HTML, CSS, Java Script and JQuery for website development, local side validations and to publish data on live server.
- Developed a custom Guest Checkout Module that I'm very proud to represent. Please click here to view product live.
- Designed and customized the front-end layout graphics in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Very strong front end development & support for the websites using HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery and AJAX as well as some back end support using PHP and MySQL.
- Using Magento backend and PHP Storm as the Web development Tool (IDE) for developing and debugging web pages.
- These applications are successfully tested in different browsers, created dynamic web pages for cross browser functionality.
- Work within a small team in a fast-paced, fun environment
- Own the overall technical design and maintenance of several high-volume websites
- Perform iterative design cycles & on-time feature releases
- Document, present, & review designs of UI components
- Develop prototypes for evaluation & validation purposes
- Document code & system designs
- Participated in design and planning team meetings in-house
March 2006 to August 2009
Web Developer and Designer (In-house)
- Worked with a team of 12-15 to develop, design and deploy Intuit Payment Solutions
- Setup Dynamic content for A-B testing with Offermatica that successfully increased sales by a significant amount.
- Transferring Project Files and Database Files to the QA, Staging server, and then finally the Live server using SVN
- Was responsible for the development and dynamic content testing of http://mobilepayments.intuit.com
- Using "quick fixes" like changing tag line text and offers I increased successful sales clicks by 5% in one day.
- Attended a 3 day Turbo Tax web development boot camp in San Diego California
September 2003 to Current (Part-Time work)
Project Lead and Developer
- Prime role is to manage the design, deploy and maintain e-commerce clients.
- Met and corresponded with clients to determine client needs for company sites.
- Manages sub-contractors to help meet the deadline of the clients expected delivery date.
- Developed full life cycle web pages using HTML, XHTML, CSS, CMS and PHP.
- Created story board and sitemap structure for individual websites.
- Created logos and banners based on clients requirement.
- Built dynamic, intuitive web applications and web sites that advance the clients communication goals.
- Meeting accessibility requirements and incorporating best practices for search engine optimizations.
- Involved in Developing and integrating web applications and dynamic multimedia components into websites and Fixed cross browser CSS issues.
- Implemented the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques for the related website.
Completed the following Certificate Programs:
- Graphic Design & Visual Communication Certificate Program
- Web Site Design Certificate Program
- Unix/Linux System & Network Administration Certificate Program
- Front End Web Development
- PHP and MYSQL Programming
- Core Functionality of Magento, Creating Extensions, Learning MVC framework
- November 2011 - December 2012 - Santa Monica