Be creative. Make something awesome that customers love. Get a speeding ticket going TO work.
BFA, Magna Cum Laude†
E-commerce Project Lead & Art Director — Confidential
April 2002 - present
- Implemented extensible PCI-compliant Ruby on Rails e-commerce platform for multiple e-commerce sites.
- Supervised work of front-end developers, internet content producers and junior design staff.
- Art directed 15 catalogs and dozens of online marketing efforts per year.
- Led design and marketing project which reinvigorated online sales channel.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of departmental workflow automation programs.
- Created an award winning re-vision of the forty year old flagship catalog.
- Managed analytics program for e-mail and internet marketing, including social media, paid search, and
- comparison shopping programs.
Graphic Designer — Confidential
Sept 2001 - Feb 2002
- Designed ads for wide range of clients – from
- PortaPotties to catfish restaurants.
Developer/Designer — Confidential
Aug 1998 - Dec 1998
- Designed and developed interactive media
- presentations for Arkansas Entertainers Hall of
- Fame, Jason International and Tyson Foods.
Freelance Web Developer / Marketing Consultant
Developed websites, advertising and print material for a wide range of clients. Advised clients on online marketing strategies. Clients include Yuri’s Night, The National Space Society, Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider and Pawlik, PLLC, Gadget Salvage, Back O’ The Moon Log Cabins, and more.
Communication Director – Confidential
Directed public communication / promotional efforts for environmental non-profit group. I took $500 dollars and organized a grassroots campaign that prevented a $5 Billion petrochemical conglomerate from dumping toxic by-products into the West Fork watershed.
VP Communications - Confidential
Directed outreach efforts for Northwest Arkansas premiere design organization, including e-mail marketing, list management, and more. Helped organize community events with nationally renowned design and advertising professionals, including Kyle Cooper, Gary Baseman, Chip Kidd and others.
Intern – Confidential
Assisted world renowned kinetic sculpture / performance art group in the construction of giant robots which combated each other in spectacular displays of cathartic destruction!
- OSX / iPhone development with Objective-C
- Macintosh OSX / Linux system administration
- Art Direction for both print and web design.
- Design Workflow automation – Asset Management, variable data printing, automatic layout and more
- PICK derived databases, particularly UniVerse.
- All major graphics applications Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash, etc.
- User Experience / UI Design of web sites and applications
- E-mail marketing design and execution
- Google Analytics
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.
- Digital and Traditional Photography
- Blender / 3D Studio – animation and modeling.
- Digital video production and editing with Final Cut Pro
- Drawing, sculpting, making faces from macaroni, welding stuff, forging things, e.g. rings of power.
- My most important skill: I’m good at learning stuff.