A hardworking, adaptable team - player with a degree in English/, and over ten years of experience in mechanical engineering, looking for a position in technical writing.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement/Development
- Inter-department Coordination
- Project Management
- Cost Control
- Team Facilitation
- Policy/Procedure Develop.
- Trained new engineers and designers. Worked with Heads of Project Management, and Purchasing/Procurement departments to improve flow of work.
- Maintained good relations with contractors and customers.
- Monitored and reviewed work quality of engineers and designers. Based on drawings and information from client, performed calculations, and designed equipment that would meet customers’ needs.
- Made part, weldment, and assembly drawings in Solidworks and AutoCAD or fabrication and construction.
- Made BOM’s for fabrication shop, and Procurement/Purchasing department. Answered questions and solved issues that came up regarding equipment.
- Did Quality Control check, and As-Built drawings.
- Regularly worked on the most difficult projects.
- Helped Engineering Department through difficult end-of-year rushes, despite decrease in personnel.
- Based on information from engineers, designed in Solidworks and AutoCAD, new parts, weldments, and assemblies; or, corrected issues with already designed parts, weldments, and assemblies, for clients in the oil and gas drilling industry.
- Retrieved and placed files for these parts, weldments, and assemblies from and into a PDM system.
- Made and corrected Bill of Materials for the assemblies in Visual for the Purchasing/Procurement Department.
- Worked with engineers to design new parts and assemblies to fit needs of clients’ in oil and gas industry. Made AutoCAD drawings for new items based on discussions with engineers.
- Prepared all paperwork including making of the List of Materials for the same new items.
- Worked with engineers to prepare “redlines” for changes of parts and equipment based on clients’ needs.
- Made changes to AutoCAD drawings and LOM’s in company’s files based on same “redlines”.