- Highly accomplished, results - driven technologist with proven record of success in the IT industry.
- Special expertise in software development, client engagement, negotiation, project management, product development, team building, startup operations, organizational buildout, management coaching.
- Recognized expert with systems development life cycle (SDLC), establishing departments and/or complete organizations, authoring white papers, specifications, and patent submissions.
- Very experienced with customer facing situations, from company staff (training) to C-level.
- Subject matter presenter to large and small groups.
- Substantial product evangelism experience.
- Extensive software development history (1m loc) using multiple languages/tool chains including .net and Confidential .
- Excellent problem-solving, financial, and technical skills.
- Experience with multi-million dollar projects.
- Experience managing 100+ staff. Experience managing off-shore teams.
- Startup experience.
- Developed SDLC process that integrated Scrum into traditional PMO-based organization
- Refined Agile techniques that produce waterfall reporting artifacts.
- Developed process that allowed multi-project portfolio to be worked out of a single backlog.
- Introduced enterprise story refinement process that allowed any sprint team to work stories from multiple projects in the same sprint.
- Standardized “Definition of Ready” across enterprise.
- Introduced “Entry and Exit Criteria” for each step in SDLC process to maintain high level stakeholder engagement.
- Implemented “Stage/Gate” development across enterprise.
- Developed application that automatically pulled tickets from production ticketing system then added to issue backlog.
- Developed Kanban process to manage production environments.
- Scrum Master for Executive Leadership Team.
- Scrum Master for Information Architecture Team.
- Scrum Master for Enterprise Architecture Team.
- Leader for Agile Development Community of Practice.
- Refined DevOps CI/CD pipeline for Agile Processes.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
SDLC Expertise: Product Development Product Management Client Engagement Market Analysis Business Strategy Software as a Service (SaaS) Organization as a Service Presentations Startup Operations Leadership Proposal Development Technical Documentation Product Retirement Agile Development Scrum Practices Hiring Proof of Concept Version Control Defect Tracking Customer Relations Software Security Risk Management Web/REST API Development Dev Team Optimization Cryptography KPI Evaluation
- Developing extended softkey functionality for Confidential VVX series phones using custom test environment written in Confidential .
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Executive Management Technology and Process Consultant
- Moved organization from local TFS installation to VSTS.
- Set up Agile portfolio processes supported by VSTS that allowed organization to manage multiple projects.
- Introduced SDLC process changes that allowed teams to sprint multiple projects simultaneously and take on much larger revenue generating projects.
- Introduced Kanban process for production operations ticket management.
- Wrote .net handshake application to extract ticket information from ServiceNow and insert/update into VSTS.
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Executive Practice Officer, Software Development, Product Owner
- Serve as executive software development organizational lead across multiple agencies.
- Co-developed organizational matrix structure capable of building multiple state agency enterprise applications simultaneously using large scale Scrum. Agile Coach.
- Advise, structure and manage six sprint/kanban teams.
- Authored procedures for critical response and post go-live development for Production Operations.
- Key player in building an organization of 105 professionals in 2 years.
- Community of Practice leader - large scale software development.
- First in the country to utilize MSFT Government Azure (pure infrastructure as code) to provide eligibility and enrollment services at the state level.
- Engage in extensive stakeholder management across multiple state government agencies.
- Co-author Confidential Software Developer Mastery Program.
- Substantial experience managing HIPAA and PHI data.
- Co-author IT governance and IRS/CMS/state compliance documents.
- Scrum Master for executive leadership team.
- Scrum Master for Information Architecture and Enterprise Architecture teams.
- Structure and optimize organization as part of executive leadership.
- Identify and act on key performance indicators.
- Identify and optimize repeatable processes.
- Creating Organization as a Service (OaaS).
- Work closely with federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to meet compliance requirements.
- Member of project Internal Review Board
- Developed applications in .net, MSFT Dynamics XRM, and Confidential .
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
CTO/Lead Architect, Product Owner
- Manage in house, off shore, and contract development resources from US and Costa Rica locations
- Lead Architect
- Responsible for project plan development.
- Budget responsibility.
- RFP Development
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Substantial experience in mail processing operations, migration to the MAIL.DAT program, data encryption, and project management.
- Subject matter expertise with Nielsen data analysis and presentation, qualitative data analysis and presentation, television ad sales pre-buy.
- Practice areas include Peoplesoft installation, administration, development, and integration; multi-language software development, whole life cycle project management.