- 6 years of experience in the areas of Build, Release and Deployment management. Main emphasis on AWS cloud/DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline). Extensively worked on Linux, UNIX and MS Windows administration. Commendable hands - on working with Database Administration, installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Subnetting and VPC.
- Experience in working with automation tools like Jenkins to Implement, Build and Release automation.
- Managed different infrastructures like physical machines, VMs and Docker containers using Terraform which supports cloud service providers like AWS.
- Configured Amazon VPC environment and Networking with a VPC including Public and Private Subnets, Security groups, Route tables and Elastic Load Balancer.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the deployment artifacts such as War &ear from source code. Application deployment and Environment configuration using Puppet, Chef and Ansible. Also Writing Recipes using Ruby in Chef.
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud Platform with Kubernetes engine and cloud-endure migration services.
- Integrated Docker into various infrastructure tools like Ansible, puppet and VMware. Hands on experience in databases like Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, My SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in Kubernetes to deploy Scale, Load Balance, Scale and manage DOCKER containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Hands on experience working with Google cloud platform where Kubernetes engine is used to scale docker containers to automate the build processes.
- Experience with Linux/ UNIX and MS Windows Environments and scripting for Build and Release automation.
- Extensive work experience in version control tools both centralized and distributed like CVS, SVN, TFS and more concentrated on GIT.
- Commendable knowledge and extensive work experience on AWS cloud services which are computing services like EC2, AMI creation, Elastic IP. Storage services and like EBS, S3, Glacier and Connecting Storage like Snowball& Storage Gateway. Also worked on AWS Command Line Interface (CLI). Expertise in AWS Virtual Private Cloud, Subnet and Subnet Masking, Public and Private VPC, Direct-connect, Amazon RDS, Dynamo DB, RedShift, Cluster, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, SES, Lambda, Security and Identity Services like IAM.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Lambda workflow implementation, Configuration Management(CM), Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell/PowerShell, Perl and Python.
- Good command on DNS, DHCP and IP Sub-netting& Subnet Masking. Strong in Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, SSH, HTTP, RPM package.
- Worked in projects which involve Setting up Tomcat, Red-hat, Linux, JBOSS, Apache, JDK 1.7, and Jira, Rally for Application deployment.
- Great work experience in creating branches, merging branches, Tagging, Push and Pull operations to enhance team work environment. Migrated various artifacts from TFS to GIT
- Experience in automated builds using TFS team build and cruise control.net build for .Net applications and salesforce.
- Hands on experience with message queuing brokers like Rabbit MQ and real-time message queuing Apache Kafka.
- Integrated Jenkins with AWS and Open Stack to automatically launch instances. Also, built and managed Private clouds with Open Stack.
- Hands-on experience in installing firmware upgrades, Kernel Patches, System configuration and performance tuning on UNIX/LINUX systems. Familiar with network tool Nagios.
- Expertise in scripting HTML, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby on Linux, managed legacy system in Golang and wrote new features in Golang. Python scripting using AWS API Calls to manage all resources.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Argo CD, Concourse, VMware v center GitHub, ANT, Maven and other products like Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts.
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like SonarQube, Nexus.
CI/CD Tools: Argo CD, Concourse CI, Jenkins, Bamboo.
Web and Application servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Web sphere.
Version Control Tools: SVN, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, Bitbucket
Scripting Languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell, Power Shell.
Databases: Oracle, Mongo DB, MYSQL, PostgreSQL.
Operating Systems: LINUX, UNIX, MS Windows, Mac OS.
Web Technologies: JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Servlets.
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, VM Ware.
Build Tools: Kubernetes, MAVEN, Chef, Docker, ANT.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef.
Infrastructure as Service: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, PCF (pks)
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Main agenda of this project is about removing man in the middle to achieve fully automated deployment process for developers who are using the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Pivotal container services) platform.
- Developed automated Concourse Pipelines using Shell and python to run security scans, updating docker images in local repositories.
- Hands on experience using Argo CD to trigger fully automated builds from GitHub for the applications which needs often build releases. Utilized advantages of GITOPS in the build and release processes for automation using Bitbucket as Version Control.
- Automated the process of error logging in AWS S-3 and also configured sending error logs to Splunk.
- Worked with data management tools like Splunk, ELK. Used Splunk to monitor metric collection for applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Configured Route 53 and DNS failover and configured latency based routing and weighted routing policies in AWS Route 53 and configured SNS (Simple Notification Server) in AWS
- Used different services of Amazon Web Services including Simple Scalable Storage (S3), Route53, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, SDK, AMI, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis, AWS CLI, Elastic cache, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Front (CDN) and Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Worked on creating Event triggers on S3 whenever a particular file is uploaded or placed into an AWS's S3 bucket
- Configured SQS (Simple Queue Service) and used SQS to build Decoupled Application Architectures. Used SNS to notify customer support agents
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly
- Tested and implemented security and compliance tools like Compliance-Scanner, Chaos-monkey.
- Introduced Node-exporter tool to the project for exporting logs Kubernetes deployments to Prometheus. There after visualized metrics data in Grafana.
- Extensively used Spruce to de-clutter Configuration files in continuous integration and delivery process.
- Developed terraform scripts to recreate platform in Sand Box for testing new tools and applications.
- Extensively worked on BOSH, Ops-Manager, Bosh Director, Fly CLI, PKS API tools.
- Involved in writing separate Terraform module for NSX-T.
- Played significant role in designing logical network design, NSX-T fabric design and Distributed firewall policy making.
- Developed pipelines for creating Kubernetes clusters and maintain them by Scaling up and scaling down based on resources available and being used.
- Extensively used J-frog Artifactory, which allowed to create number of image repositories like Docker hub to separate images form development and production environment.
- Worked extensively on monitoring tools like Gold Pinger, Prometheus to get metrics from every Kubernetes cluster.
- Extensive working on Docker containers in automation process.
- Created service accounts, Roles and role bindings for the application tools deployment in a Kubernetes cluster.
- Automated the process of creating DNS entries for the clusters that are created in a regular basis, which eliminated updating cluster IP every time we create a new cluster.
- Used stateless and state full sets in Prometheus configuration files
- Played a significant role in managing secrets in secret manager with high-security compliance to protect passwords used in platform.
- Automated the process of Kubernetes cluster master and worker IP address update in monitoring tools configuration and exporters installation in the event of cluster failure.
- Dealt with a lot of Kubernetes cluster or node failure management problems by trouble shooting the errors.
- Automated the process of deploying a set of security and monitoring tools dedicated to a Kubernetes cluster by separating them with type of cluster based on what kind of applications were deployed into that cluster.
- Extensive working knowledge on VM-ware ESXi hosts, NSX-T Fabric, NATS, Routing.
- Created Cron-Jobs, Argo workflows to run security scans, compliance scans and trigger builds for applications run in a cluster.
- Implemented Sonobuoy tool to run configuration tests on newly created cluster before handing over to developers which minimizes cluster failures after deploying applications into a cluster deployment.
- Worked on Rally and agile methodology to adapt into a fast facing work delivery.
Environment: Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PKS), Kubernetes, Concourse, shell, python, Argo CD, GITOPS, Bitbucket, AWS S-3, Splunk, Compliance-Scanner, Chaos-monkey, Node-exporter, Prometheus, Grafana, Spruce, BOSH, Ops-Manager, Bosh Director, Fly CLI, PKS API, Terraform, NSX-T,, J-frog Artifactory, Docker containers, Gold Pinger, VMware-ESXI hosts, NSX-T Fabric, NATS, Routing, Sonobuoy.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Versioning and Source control of codes using GIT concepts such as branching, merging, labelling/tagging, branches locking, access control and integration.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Recently Using Google Cloud Platform to deploy new machines for our production servers. Extensively working on Kubernetes engine and Cloud Endure migration services where Gluster FS as the File system.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Leveraged Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration.
- Created SNS (Simple Notification Services) and triggering it by Cloud Watch monitoring to send SMS or Email to desired recipients.
- Worked on setting up CI (continuous Integration) in TFS and Jenkins. Responsible for creating work items on TFS and also on Kanban board.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked with Amazon Kinesis to handle the streaming data and setup DynamoDB to store the processed stream data and configured with Lambda to run the data transformation code. Migrated data from MongoDB to Amazon DynamoDB using AWS Database migration service.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with GIT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked on message queuing broker Rabbit MQ which is a asynchronous message queuing broker which takes requests from our apache webservers and serve them to our production servers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on Kubernetes engine in Google cloud platform to create pods from docker containers, in which Nginx is a reverse proxy and Load balancer.
- Implemented new build framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools. Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Worked with data management tools like Splunk, ELK. Used Splunk to monitor metric collection for applications in a cloud based environment.
- Worked with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages also to assist in building automation policies.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Ansible and Mesos, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Considerable Exposure to GoLang to develop small applications for testing in the pipelines.
- Extensively working on PostgreSQL Database.
- Involved in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts, Power shell scripts and Python Scripts on UNIX. Trained staff on effective use of Jenkins, Docker, GitLab and Kubernetes and Kubernetes administration.
- Created and wrote Python and Shell scripts for automating tasks. Involved in using Tomcat Web Server, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application Servers for deployment.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, CICD (Jenkins), Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Splunk, ELK, GIT, TFS (Team Foundation Server), Cloud Watch, Python, Rabbit MQ, Shell, Power shell Scripting, JSON, JBOSS, WebLogic, PostgreSQL, WebSphere, Tomcat, Helm, PaaS, Mesos, GoLang, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer/DevOps Engineer.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployment and automation solution. Used Jenkins for Automating Builds and deployed builds.
- Supporting Build, deployment and release process. Requirement analysis for new enhancements of build process.
- Maintained the branching and build strategies utilizing GIT. Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Started the automation process by setting up Continuous Integration (CI) environment using Jenkins, Nexus.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the process.
- Created and maintained the Shell and PowerShell deployment scripts for Web Logic and web application servers.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments. Performed integrating, JUnit and code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Responsible for designing and deploying SCM processes and procedures. Supported and developed tools for integration, automation and release management.
- Resolved merging issues and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development team leads. Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
Environment: Tomcat Apache Application Server, Linux, GIT, Linux, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, VMware.