- Certified AWS Solutions Architect and Developer - Associate over 8+ years of professional IT experience in Cloud computing, DevOps Implementation, Build & Release engineering and Linux administration.
- Experience in working with AWS resources like IAM, EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, VPC, ECS, Lambda, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, Red Shift, SQS, SNS and experienced in Cloud automation.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC , Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and expertise in architecting secure VPC Solutions in AWS with the help of Network ACLs , Security groups , public and private network configurations.
- Hands on experience in setting up database in AWS using RDS , storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability.
- Expertise in Cloud Infrastructure Automation which includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack , Ansible, Puppet, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss, and LINUX etc.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell .
- Performed Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and Azure Resource Manager .
- Experience in supporting deployment of user applications on OpenStack Private Clouds through nova, neutron, and keystone.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Played a key role in automating the deployments on AWS using GitHub, Terraform , Puppet , Chef and Jenkins .
- Used Bash and Python , included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks .
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Involved in integrating Chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework, worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments, and used chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python , run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Experience in using Puppet to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, proactively manage change and create custom Puppet module skeletons.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins for configuring and maintaining continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good Understanding and implementation experience of CI/CD pipeline, automation programmatically by creating Jenkins jobs and pipelines and solving various problems with ANT, Maven, Gradle as plugins.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Docker environment(v1.5.0) including Docker registry hub for managing different Docker images and deployment of applications inside the software containers.
- Installing, configuring and managing the databases like MySQL, NoSQL, DB2, PostgreSQL , MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Cassandra DB .
- Automated the Applications and databases like MYSQL , NoSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Splunk .
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes , clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes .
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Monitored the servers using tools like New Relic and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis. Debugged and solved complex Splunk Integration challenges and Splunk configuration issues.
- Expertise in configuration and automation with Ruby Script using Chef with Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Docker.
- Strong experience in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and hands-on experience on other build tools like MS Build Makefile .
- Built and managed centralized application logging stack using ElasticSearch and Log stash (ELK) deployed through puppet.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing.
- Exposure to Mesos , Marathon environment for application deployments & Docker containers.
- Manages more than 800 virtual servers and monitored Application and Servers through Splunk, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx .
- Strong experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), BitBucket, ACCUREV, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Experienced in Installation, Support, Configuration, Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x , Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 5.x, 6.x, SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 10, 11, SOLARIS 9, 10 and UBUNTU 10, 12, & 14 LTS, IBM AIX 5.x, 6.x .
- Performed OS installations, OS Upgrades, and Server Patching by configuring PXE and DHCP server using Kickstart Configuration and by using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Experienced in creating Disk Partitions , Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and RAID Technologies on different File Systems like Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, XFS on various Linux Distributions and involved in creating Veritas volume manager on Solaris.
Automation Tools: Jenkins, chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Terraform, Hudson.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Database Systems: Cassandra DB, OracleDB2, MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS RDS, DynamoDB.
Version Control tools: GIT, Subversion, CVS, Bitbucket, Gerrit, ClearCase
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, WebLogic (8/9/10), WebSphere4/5, TFS, Nginx, Azure, IIS, Redhat Satellite.
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper.
Scripting/Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, PowerShell scripting, YAML, PHP, JSON
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBoss 4.22
Volume manager: VERITAS volume manager (VVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM) with Linux
Monitoring Tools: New Relic, ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK), CloudWatch, CloudTrial, Splunk, Nagios
Operating system: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, 2008, 2010, 2012, DEBIAN.
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Highly motivated and committed Cloud and DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS , Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBDA, REDSHIFT , focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS cloud formation.
- Supported AWS cloud environment with 200+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and experience in working on implemented Security groups and Network ACLs .
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along with providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN) .
- Worked on AWS CloudWatch , CloudFormation , Cloud Trail services and CloudFront to setup and manage cached content delivery. Created Elastic load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Experience in implementing AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger run code by S3 and SNS .
- Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift , worked on various projects to migrate data from one database to AWS Redshift, RDS, ELB, EMR, Dynamo DB and S3 .
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Design and Implement WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure . This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them and installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF.
- Worked directly with Azure Product team in tracking and resolving defects in the beta Azure IaaS offering.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python , Docker container, Service Orchestration.
- Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS) .
- Installed and used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec .
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using ruby to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Managed On-site Operating Systems, apps, packages and services using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- Using Chef , deployed and configured ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch .
- Extensively worked on ansible deployments, written various ansible playbooks with multiple roles, tasks with loops , templates , service management, host variables, group variables etc.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with ANSIBLE , migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on resolution.
- Integrated Ant and Maven with Jenkins to run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Integrating Defect tracking tool JIRA with Confluence and Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging and, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Coordinate and assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control and analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos , Marathon , and Kubernetes .
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Working on variety of Unix platforms RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications for prod/stage/dev environments.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Virtual Machines, VMware ESXi 5.0/5.5 Host Server, vSphere Suite with P2P and P2V.
- Installed/configured/maintained/administrated the network servers Satellite, DNS, NIS, NFS, Send mail and application server Apache, my, JBOSS, WebLogic, Oracle E-business suite and Samba on Linux.
- Migrate IaaS, PaaS and SaaS instances between public and private clouds - Apache , RDBMS , Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, LAN/WAN VPN, Security, IDS, Firewalls and Encryption .
- Involved in SCRUM ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
Environment: Redhat Linux 7.x, AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK), Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Ruby, Shell, Jira, Python, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Load Balancers, WLST, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, GitHub/Bitbucket.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, CloudWatch, CloudFront, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized EC2 instances, VPC , subnets, NAT, ELB and Security groups.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage and Utilized AWS CloudWatch services to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Worked on CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers , ELB , CloudFront distribution , EC2 , database , security groups , S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift . Worked on various projects to migrate data from one database to AWS Redshift, RDS, ELB, EMR, Dynamo DB and S3.
- Used OpenStack and AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- W orked on backup functionality and design using Azure and also have knowledge on azure based disaster recovery.
- Re-architected Azure IaaS environment in new datacenter using high performance DS series VMs and used AD connect to sync on-premises windows server active directory to Azure active directory.
- Installed Jenkins and perform troubleshooting during installation to implement the CI process for the Java application builds.
- Involved in creating Jenkins pipeline jobs for Puppet release process for module deployment, using Kanban AGILE methodology for puppet development.
- Installing and configuration of an automated tool Puppet that included installation and configuration of Puppet Master, Agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling , Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT/Bitbucket and Puppet .
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes , Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker , on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Using Kubernetes , I have controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment.
- Automated applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitor them using Nagios.
- Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Implemented continuous integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase .
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like OpsWork s - Chef to provision Amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using puppet to collect data from all EC2 systems into Splunk .
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef .
- Involved in installing, configuring and administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x/7 servers by using Kickstart and Jump Start servers and supported various applications running on them.
- Worked in the AGILE Methodologies with 3week sprint cycle, used ServiceNow for SDLC management
- Implemented Kickstart/PXE Boot Servers that Rsync between multiple locations.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM .xml.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using MAVEN .
Environment: Linux (RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x/7), AWS, Azure, RedHat Satellite Server, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Nagios, Veritas cluster 5.x, WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache web servers, Tomcat servers, Apache Spark, Nginx, Shell Scripting, Python, Git/Bitbucket, Maven VMware ESX 2.x & 3.x, SAP.
Confidential - Phoenix, AZ
- Administered large scale server environments consisting of over 800 RHEL 5/6 VMWare VMs running multiple technologies including Apache, JBoss, memcached, MySQL, postfix, ActiveMQ, python.
- Performing configuration management tasks on 150+ servers with the aid of Puppet Master Server and involved in writing Puppet manifests for customized configuration management.
- Automated deployment modules of IIS web applications, bindings and configuration settings using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Puppet .
- Deployed both Puppet Agent Based and Agentless Configurations, Puppet dashboards, Mcollective with activeMQ server, plugin-sync, stored configs, Hiera-Facter.
- Extensively worked on Hudson and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Enabling users to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Jenkins and GITHub/Bitbucket.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Automated the release pipeline to achieve zero touch deployments using Jenkins, SVN, Nexus, and Nolio.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Puppet , Bamboo in Linux environments.
- Experience in developing Puppet modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of Puppet Master, GIT, Vagrant and Jenkins/Udeploy .
- Worked on setting up the Jenkins Pipelines, Jobs, and administration of entire Jenkins infrastructure for release automation of 30+ Java based applications.
- Experienced in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version control systems across the environments using SCM tools like GITHub, Subversion (SVN), Atlassian, GIT lab and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java, writing Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts on UNIX.
- Configured and administered naming services like LDAP , DNS and NIS .
- Experience in implementation of TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, RAID, Jumpstart installation of Solaris and Kick start in RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Responsible for Installation and Configuration of Solaris 8/9/10 servers, RHEL servers (3/4/5/6) and AIX servers.
- Experience in Manage file systems using Software RAID and recover an array, manage file systems using Logical Volume Management , resize file systems and protect them with LVM Snapshots .
- System configuration/hardening using IP tables , SE Linux , TCP Wrappers , ACL and traditional permission on Linux servers as well as restricting access to terminals, disabling unnecessary services and securing.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Subversion, Perforce, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Web services, Web Logic, Puppet, GIT, Vagrant, MCO, uDeploy, Mercury, Quality center, Visual Build, .Net, ANT, TFS 2010 (Team Foundation Server), J2EE, Web sphere, MySQL, Anthill Pro.
Linux/UNIX Systems Engineer
- Installed and configured Linux, UNIX, SUSE & RedHat 5.x/6 using Kickstart with PXE for LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl/PHP) installations.
- Configured Kickstart servers and booted the images using PXE in RedHat Linux and also used RedHat Satellite server extensively.
- Dealt with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management .
- Efficiency in installing, configuring, and implementing of RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 5 levels using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), VERITAS Volume Manager (VVM) and Solaris Volume Manager .
- Set up and administered user and groups accounts, setting permissions, Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic Apache Issues.
- Controlling the system Logging services and examining system Log Files of all system events.
- Experience with working on ZFS file systems which included tasks such as creation, mirroring, cloning and perform snapshots.
- Managing services, maintaining and managing log files , monitoring event , logs and troubleshooting system problems using Nagios tool and resolve for any reported issues
- Building and configuring RedHat systems over the network, implement automated tasks through CRON jobs , resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Monitored the performance of the system using TOP, SAR, PS, VMSTAT, NETSTAT, IOSTAT , and CPU info to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Tuned, maintained and upgraded WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat and Apache application servers.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications using TCP/IP including Ethernet JBoss , IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Applied patches (using RPM and YUM ) to fix the holes that were found during the quarterly scan basis using Nessus scan.
- Proficient in Networking and configuring TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, NIS+, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP servers .
- Troubleshoot network connectivity using PING, NETSTAT, IFCONFIG, and TRACE ROUTE commands. Login to the remote system using sudo, putty, and Telnet .
- Perform both interactive and automated ( kickstart ) installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using bash scripting.
- Responsible for MongoDB installation, configuration and administration.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled Cron jobs for job automation.
- Network configuration for hosts file, interfaces and net masks, IP address , bonding configurations.
- Configuring Virtual Box's ( VMWare ) for developers for local testing and development of the product before they push it to DEV and CI environments.
- Managed Active Directory and Group Policy objects for three service locations mixed with Windows and Mac clients and Troubleshooting user logins using various remote utilities.
- Administered and managed a Splunk server to monitor both Windows and Linux physical and virtual environments.
- Automation/Simplification of Digital Guarding Process through SPLUNK.
- Resolved security vulnerabilities by analyzing and recommending improvements in communications and network security at the component level.
Environment: Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Windows, LAMP, Veritas Volume Manager (VVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM), TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, NIS+, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP, SVN, .Net, ZFS, Java, SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Splunk.
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apace Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database and firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Experience in system administration, system builds, server builds, installs, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine tuning on SUN SOLARIS, Red Hat Linux systems, Solaris and Windows.
- Created, configured, and diagnosed user and group permissions to facilitate System security.
- Create Opsware implementation records to populate server specs to kickstart file for PXE boot process.
- Installed, configured, administered Windows servers, Active Directory Services, FTP, WSUS, IIS Web Server & SQL Database Server.
- Used Logical Volume Manage (LVM) to create disk groups, volumes, volume groups, and used RAID's tools for backup and recovery.
- Experience in setting up IP Bonding on Linux Enterprise Servers for high availability.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts ( Perl, Python ) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, Server reboots etc.
- Configured Linux Kickstart on multiple servers for network installation and Perform regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM .
- File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Performed Kernel and memory upgrades on Linux servers in Virtual environment.
- Prepared technical documentation for all set up and configuration steps.
- Monitored system performance using performance-monitoring commands like SAR, PROF, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, NETSTAT .
- Experience in Troubleshooting Hardware, Storage, Application Bottlenecks. System Recovery, Crash dump analysis and Performance Tuning .
- Experienced RAID technology for system redundancy.
Environment: Linux, Microsoft Windows, Solaris, Kickstart, Logical Volume Manager (LVM), RAID technology, Apache Tomcat, TCP/IP, VxFS, FTP, SVN, .Net, Java, SQL, Perl, Python, Oracle, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion.