- Over 15 years of total IT experience, including 10+ yrs of Web Development experience.
- Knowledgeable of OMB Policies & Section 508 compliancy issues in relation to the development, procurement, maintenance, or use of Electronic & Information Technology (including web pages, web applications, PDFs, office documents etc.).
- Experienced in creating 508 compliant PDFs both static and fillable from MS Office source files, as well as converting non - compliant PDFs into compliant versions.
- Experienced using Adobe Live Cycle to create fillable PDFs
- Experienced in implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics to increase a website’s search engine ranking results.
- Familiar with the use of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) & Content Management Systems ( Confidential ) to deliver content for dynamic web sites.
- Entry level experience developing applications using Visual Basic, classic ASP, ColdFusion & PHP.
Access Remote PC, NetOp, Visual SourceSafe, Adobe Dreamweaver, HomeSite+, TextPad, DTsearch, Paintshop Pro, Google Analytics, Animations Shop, Fontographer, Cool Edit Pro, Adobe LiveCycle, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Photoshop, various versions of MSOffice Suite(including Access), Lotus Notes, HTML Transit, JAWS, JIRA, Windows Eyes, CommonLook, Web Trends, Notepad++, SVN, Mail Chimp, Dot Net Nuke content management system, Master Control
Confidential, Laurel, MD
User Experience Consultant
- Accessibility testing for healthcare.gov and cuidadodesalud.gov
- Monitor and manage accessibility reports for healthcare.gov and cuidadodesalud.gov using ADDE (Accenture Digital Diagnostics Engine)
- Responsible for ensuring healthcare.gov and cuidadodesalud.gov maintain an excellent score in the Confidential 508 Compliance Leaderboard
- Refine CMSWOMS team’s Section 508 testing procedures
- Advise CMSWOMS team on accessible coding best practices
- Remediate documents (PDF, Word, PowerPoint, etc) to ensure they are 508 compliant
- Train junior accessibility testers
- Regression testing of healthcare.gov and cuidadodesalud.gov
- Introgression testing of healthcare.gov and cuidadodesalud.gov
- Web application testing
- Create and execute test plans
- Track defects using JIRA
ConfidentialWeb Developer/IT Consultant
- Section 508 remediation for Medicare.gov websites and documents
- Contribute to the development of Confidential ’s Section 508 best practices and standards
- Train new team members on HHS’s and Confidential ’s Section 508 best practices and standards
- Meet with client to discuss status of project
- Evaluate level of effort to correct accessibility issues on Medicare.gov
- Contribute to the creation of accessibility materials for Confidential staff
- Conduct sessions for Confidential staff in an effort to help produce accessible website content
- Update content on Medicare.gov using Percussion’s Rhythmyx content management system
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Freelance Web Developer/IT Consultant
- Meet with clients to discuss needs & wants for various IT projects including web development, PC support, section 508 compliance test, Adobe PDF creation, software & peripherals installation.
- Implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics and best practices to increase website’s search engine ranks, to drive traffic to web site and increase company online presence.
- Create web applications that connect to databases.
- Create web-enabled forms that write data to an Access database.
- Utilize time management skills, ensuing that multiple projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Create Social Media profiles for client business services.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Update and maintain the look and feel of Confidential ’s web application Diabetes Manager, created in an .Net environment using HTML, CSS, and JQuery
- Provide feedback on how to enhance intuitiveness of Confidential ’s corporate website
- Update and maintain Confidential ’s corporate website, created with Dot Net Nuke’s content management system
- Create and maintain email lists and email newsletters with Mail Chimp
Confidential, Woodlawn, MD
- Migrate Adobe Acrobat forms to a web based HTML system
- Recreate table based HTML forms using tableless layouts with CSS
- Ensure forms meet section 508 standards
- Perform review of forms created by peers ensuring that their forms are 508 compliant, meet SSAs standards, and there are no discrepancies with the form specs.
- Make suggestions to help streamline the form generating process
- Works with lead developers to improve the functionality of the form code generator.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Uses HMTL & CSS to maintain & update content on a large-scale, public Federal website, created within an ASP.net environment.
- Plan, develop & code new web pages using HTML & CSS with the direction of various interagency program offices.
- Converts graphical templates created by the graphic team into HTML based web pages.
- Reorganize file structure of old subsites to a more organized & uniformed site structure.
- Works with clients, and the Forms Managers to create 508 compliant fillable, static & dynamic, Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Responsible for new members of the Web Team on the web team’s best practices, Section 508 compliancy as well as OMB’s web policies.
- The Web Team’s main POC for issues related to Section 508 compliancy.
- Adds content to intranet site using the Rythmyx, content management system.
- Update and maintain ColdFusion applications
- Provides 24x7 availability for emergency web support
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Experts using HTML and CSS. Updated content using Confidential ’ custom built Confidential .
- Organized, scheduled & facilitated the timely completion of several projects, varying in size scope, running concurrently & consecutively.
Confidential, Crofton, MD
- Installed new employees’ workstations including software & peripherals. T ested & evaluated software from venders then made recommendations for possible future use.
- Tested Cipher System’s proprietary web application “Knowledge.Works”.
- Compiled bug reports & debugged web applications created by Confidential Sr. Web Developers.
- Increased overall intuitiveness of Confidential core web applications & the company’s website.
- Integrated new functionality into Cipher’s core web application