- Experience with architecture strategies, standards, processes and tools in order to provide solution designs and support to the IT applications.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and defining functional specifications.
- Experience in architecting and designing of enterprise solutions.
- Experience in architecting and design of enterprise level highly available technology solutions as well as patterns to architect for disaster recovery.
- Experience in architecting solutions on Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in providing architecture oversight and governance.
- Experience documenting large, complex technology architectures at the conceptual, logical and physical levels. This includes current state as well as future state architecture.
- Experience documenting modifications and enhancements made to the systems and infrastructures as required by the project.
- Experience working with Cloud vendors to host solutions in Cloud.
- Experience in handling small/medium/large IT infrastructure projects right from requirement gathering to implementation.
- Experience with infrastructure projects related to new servers set upset up of new applications in existing environments, web application rewrites, Stack upgrades like (WAS, JBOSS, Databases, etc.), Application migration from one environment to another. Firewall, Load balancer, VPN connectivity for remote users, site to site VPN connectivity, infrastructure capacity, storage, OS Upgrades, Network migrations, Siteminder & single sign on configurations.
- Experience with defining project scope, gather infrastructure requirements, create project plans, directing teams, coordinate projects by establishing work plan tasks, arrange staffing, assigning duties, onsite-offshore coordination, producing reports, ensuring the progression and achieving project goals by delivering infrastructure requirements on time.
- Experience with participating in RFI/RFP processes for selecting third party tools/products making sure those meet business needs as well as enterprise standards.
- Experience with preparing cost estimates for infrastructure to be set up.
- Experience with participating in cost benefits analysis (CBA) to compare multiple solutions.
- Experience with analyzing test results and recommending modifications to the systems and infrastructures to meet project requirements.
- Experience in leading infrastructure and application support teams for content management as well as Java/J2EE applications.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10/11, Solaris, IBM-AIX P755/P795 frames, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 , Windows 7.0/Vista/XP/2000/NT, HP Blades, Cisco UCS Blades, Dell Servers
- VMware ESX, VMware ESXi
- Apache 1.x/2.x, IBM Http server 7/8, IIS 7/8, IBM WebSphere 6/7/8, JBOSS 5/6, Weblogic application server, WebSphere portal.
- Cognos, Datastage, Qlikview, Informatica, Attunity data replicate.
- C, C++, Java, Java script, Shell Scripting
- ISILON, EMC, Flash(Pure), VMAX, VNX.
- Netegrity Siteminder 6QMR5 CR35, LDAP, Active Directory, Single Sign On, Ping federation.
- Wily 7.2/8.0, QRADAR, HPOV, SCOM, Introscope, Dynatrace etc.
- MQ, Message Broker, Connect Direct
- Oracle 11g/12C, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012,UDB, Mainframe, Sybase,Greenplum.
- F5 Loadbalancer, Citrix Netscaler, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewall, DMZ, Routers, Switches, etc.
- Amazon Web Services(AWS)
- MS Project 2010, Lotus notes, MS Visio, Sparx Enterprise Architect, SharePoint 2010
Enterprise Solutions Architect - Technology
Environment: Datacenters, Amazon Web Services(AWS), HP and Cisco UCS blades, Virtualization, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Windows Server 2008/ 2012 R2, Oracle 11g/12C, MSSQL 2008/2012, IBM DB2, MySQL, Mainframe, Greenplum, Apache, IIS 7.0/8.0, JBOSS 5/6, IBM WebSphere, Middleware, IBM MQ, SFTP, Siteminder, LDAP, Active Directory,Hadoop,EMC storage, Pure Storage, VMAX, ISILON, Citrix Netscaler, VPN, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Microsoft Visio, SharePoint 2010/2013.
- Analyze business requirements and define non-functional specifications.
- Architect and design of enterprise solutions based on non-functional requirements identified.
- Architect highly available technology solutions as well as patterns to architect for disaster recovery based on the business needs. This involves defining RPO and RTO for the solution, patterns to host (active-active/active-passive), clustering parameters of web and application servers, database failover mechanism in case of disaster, etc.
- Document large and complex technology architectures containing current state and future states of the solution.
- Documenting modifications and enhancements made to the systems and infrastructures as required by the project.
- Provide architecture oversight and governance.
- Participate in RFI/RFP processes for selecting third party tools/products making sure those meet business needs as well as enterprise standards.
- Create candidate architecture documents for projects involving multiple solutions (vendors), describing deployment diagrams along with SWOT analysis of each solution. This helps selecting a solution that is best for the organization.
- Participate in proof of concepts for new technologies/solutions.
- Work with Cloud vendors to host new solutions in the Cloud.
- Work with Cloud vendors like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure to migrate applications from on-premise to Cloud.
- Create Solution architecture document containing deployment diagrams with infrastructure requirements for each environment/tier. This artifact is used as a build document to set up infrastructure.
- Review artifacts with peers and project stakeholders.
- Develop and implement test validations of the systems and infrastructures.
- Analyze test results and recommend modifications to the systems and infrastructures to meet project requirements.
- Ensuring that systems improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase proficiencies.
- Prepare rough cost estimates for infrastructure to be set up.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, Michigan
IT Infrastructure - Enterprise Solutions Architect and Project Manager
Environment: Datacenters, Virtualization, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.X, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10/11, Solaris 9/10, IBM-AIX 6.X, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, Oracle 11g, UDB, MSSQL, MySQL, Mainframe, Apache, IIS, IHS 6/7/8, WebSphere 6/7/8, Middleware, MQ, Message Broker, Netegrity 6QMR, LDAP, Ping Federation, F5 Load balancer, VPN, Cognos, Qlikview, EMC storage, ISILON, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Responsible for leading, managing and coordinating multiple enterprise wide infrastructure projects
- Responsible for leading infrastructure and solution architecture projects and involving right subject matter experts from different teams including Database Architects, Business Analysts, Global Security, Server Build engineers, Web Infrastructure Architects, and other technical skilled professionals, etc. to build infrastructure environment for application team.
- Responsible for capturing Infrastructure Architecture requirements e.g. number of users, concurrent users, external/internal access, load balancing, middleware instances, server/middleware tiering, database sizing, interfaces, storage requirements, etc. and lead meetings with stakeholders and create architecture diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Guide application teams through Technical Assessment Committee (TAC) process which tests and evaluates applications being considered to meet specific business requirements in hopes of being certified by the Chrysler IT department.
- Responsibility of environment delivery manager for projects related to Firewall, Load balancer, VPN connectivity for remote users, site to site VPN connectivity, new server set up, infrastructure costing, infrastructure capacity, storage, OS Upgrades, Network migrations, siteminder & single sign on configurations, set up of new applications in existing environments, web application rewrites, Stack upgrades like(WAS,UDB, Databaes,etc), Application migration from one environment to another.
- Compose and enforce work plan schedules for the application and operation teams to follow as they implement their applications and changes. Log issues as action points and push for quick resolution. Facilitate troubleshooting sessions in order to remove any hurdles from progress.
- Work with in Chrysler’s Infrastructure PMO to improve processes to fast track infrastructure requests.
- Serve as a mentor to new infrastructure project managers walking them through the IPR process and serving as a sound board for any conflicts or issues they encounter during their time.
- Guide application teams through all processes & services needed to implement their application infrastructure.
- Define, plan, assign and monitor project tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Provide timely communication of project activity to application development project teams, and higher management.
- Identify, document, and escalate project technical issues to IT subject matter experts and their management.
- Interface with customer and support team on implementation issues, and provide status updated to management.
Infrastructure & Architecture Support
Environment: Solaris 9, Windows 2003/2008, AIX 5.X, MS Office, Microsoft Visio, MS Project, Java, Putty, Winscp.
- Team lead as well as technical lead for a team of 10 people.
- Requirement Analysis, Design, Project Planning and Project Management.
- Review the documents and requirements given by Chrysler(client).
- Preparing and delivering the functional requirements, high-level designs, low-level designs based on the requirements.
- Perform the impact analysis on the requirements given by Chrysler to understand the feasibility of the requirements.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Forecast / Estimate the Project future requirements.
- Client communications and escalations, IT Operations management
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Conduct status meetings twice a week and keep track of projects.
- Administration, infrastructure & architecture support for content management tools like Vignette and Documentum including installations and migrations.
- Administration, infrastructure and architecture support for Microsoft FAST ESP search engine including installations and migrations.
- Providing Infrastructure as well as application support for Vignette and JAVA web applications.
- Supporting IRM Policy Server and encryption of the documents for Digital Rights Management.
- Coordination between Development, Infrastructure and Production support teams for daily monitoring and quick issue resolution.
- Logging defects and retests them when resolved.
- Automation of server monitoring and administration using shell scripts for the monitoring of processes for Vignette, Documentum products as well as the server processes for the JAVA applications.
- Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the appropriate infrastructure resources are assigned to projects and engaged in projects, Create Service Catalogue, Gather and influence project requirements, Document project architecture and lead solution configuration.
- Involved in conducting project level interviews.