IBM Mainframe Programmer Analyst with strong problem - solving skills using COBOL/CICS/DB2/VSAM/JCL and a history of delivering quality results that meet corporate objectives. I have extensive experience in software design, development, and creating a comprehensive test environment, whereby fixing all abended tasks quickly and accurately before the final implementation into production. Industries include Insurance, Banking, Brokerage, Hospitality, Manufacturing, and Transportation.
Software Skills: Cobol, CICS, DB2, JCL, Endevor, Xpediter, Agile, Easytrieve Plus, SQL, VSAM, Fileaid, BMS, Intertest, IBM30XX, ISPF, TSO, and Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Birmingham, Alabama
- Developed a Help Desk Tool Application, which allows bank users to perform customer management functions and account maintenance for any customer, online, working with Customer Information Files.
- All work is done in Agile, working in Sprints, using Cobol2, CICS, and DB2, using Expeditor to debug all programs.
- Supporting applications using SOA Architecture.
Programmer Analyst Lead
Confidential, Columbus, GA
- Maintained Credit Card Applications using COBOLII, Assembler, VSAM, and JCL to support our vendors working with Confidential .
- Worked with Encryption Services to ensure that the data files I created was in a safe environment.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
- Led a group of Off - Shore Application Developers in enhancing and maintaining our New Business and Conversion Systems.
- Converted VSAM files to DB2 for quicker and more efficient access of data.
- Enhanced our Sales Agents systems to update the Pended Business on the Web information in Real Time mode every two hours instead of just once daily.
- Quickly and effectively solve customer challenges.
- On-call 24X7 for our New Business and Policy Administration batch cycles, making changes at night to jobs and programs that abend, then documenting them the next morning.
- Responsible for coordinating the monthly Release of Production and Syst related elevations for the New Business Team.
- I used a CASE tool to verify that all tasks in each elevation were elevated correctly and checked in the evening using Confidential to verify there would be no JCL errors. I also coordinated the effort to make sure each programmer would technically validate their elevations and the next day verify that the elevated jobs were correctly tested by the Business Unit
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Provide Geac Security for Confidential, and had provided it for Mobility, Corporate, and Confidential .
- This includes creating quarterly Geac detailed excel spreadsheets for my customers, which contains screen accesses and databases that they can access.
- Revamped Geac Security requirements to meet the demands of Sarbanes/Oxley, and perform Sarbanes/Oxley testing for our Geac and Oracle systems.
- On - call 24X7 for FIS and Credit Ratio batch cycles, making changes at night to jobs and programs that abend, then documenting them the next morning.
- Coordinated and implemented the Confidential Long Financing system with the Global Advisory and Banking Technology Group, from the development stage through production, using COBOL, CICS, JCL, and DB2.
- Analyzed, developed, and maintained the Sales System at Confidential, to process a new Sales Detail file
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of the shipping and distribution systems.
- Provided timely and accurate cargo information to an international user community of over 100 seaports.