- Experienced Test Automation Engineer and Test Developer: Develop and implement testing for systems that intersect at the control and data planes, platform hardware, software and firmware with focus on product serviceability and reliability. Key contributor enterprise level projects. Possess excellent end - to-end understanding of test processes and metrics, driving quality through automated and manual testing.
Test Tools: Rally Agile Tracking tool, CVS, Subversion, Action Request System 4.0 (Remedy), Silk Automation Tool, 2008-2010 Visual Studio, make, gdb/gcc, PERLbuilder, MPLAB® X IDE, InstallShield, Clearcase, SourceForge, ReviewForge
Languages: Perl, C, Expect, TCL, VB for applications, Shell programming, VB, JAVA, LabVIEW 5, 6 7, 8, and 2013
Databases: MySQL, Access
Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX(Several), Windows OSs, VMware exposure
Testing Methodologies: Agile, white/grey/black box, globalization, manual, automated, performance, unit, integration, functional, system, acceptance, regression, stress, load
- Website, Web App support using Microsoft WebMatrix. Sustaining support and system upgrade to PHP 5.0, HTML5
- Mobile App development for Android. Env: HTML5, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, PhoneGap/Cordova, JSON-Web Service. SW Development required bringing a proof of concept to a released product.
Tools: Chrome Remote Debugging, Eclipse IDE
Consulting Software Engineer
- Deployed enterprise scale Agile processes and practices; implemented using Rally Agile strategy and development methodology toolset.
- Evaluated product testing effort of features with development, establishing roadmap.
- Designed USD holistic upgrade test strategy to provide complete test coverage for SW upgrade process. Analyzed field issues and product testing results, identifying and documenting system components impacting software upgrades.
- Provided technical guidance and direction to diverse team of local and off-shore test engineers, working closely with development and throughout the development process.
- Delivered complete end-to-end customer test coverage of all serviceability tools and processes, including client based Unisphere Service Manager (USM), customer enablement toolset that pioneered customer self-service for medium-large Confidential products, saving companies millions of dollars in service costs while consistently delivering on schedule.
Test Group Lead
- Served as test group technical lead, providing integration and early QA testing as evaluation of new product readiness.
- Defined automation requirements, utilized automation developed, debugged and deployed during phase, initiating many improved processes while optimizing effectiveness of small group.
- Architected test framework to facilitate creation and execution of test automation written in PERL. Facilitated control of both server and storage system to build end-to-end testing that provisioned array storage, built file systems, executed IO and provided status/error information to test engineer.
- Utilized National Instruments LabVIEW SW, NI FieldPoint HW, saving millions in project/process costs.
- Created control system SW using PIC micro, writing all code in assembly language.
- Automated production testing using LabVIEW, reducing production expenses and eliminating tedious time consuming processes.