- Overall experience of 7+ years in the field of Information Technology industry focused on Systems Administration, Cloud Computing and DevOps that includes the principles with Continuous Integration, configuration management, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Experienced in designing, deploying and maintaining various multiple applications utilizing almost all AWS services including EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, RedShift, RDS, Key Management Service (KMS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Load balancing, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS focusing on high availability, fault - tolerance and auto scaling.
- Proficiency with Amazon Route 53 which effectively connects user requests to the infrastructure running on AmazonEC2 instances and Amazon S3 buckets.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure, Multi-factor Authentications, Identity & Access Management.
- Proficiency in Designing Azure Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Strong knowledge in Openstack administration to create new users, Tenants, Roles and Assign Resource Quotas to projects and roles by keystone command line client.
- Proficiency in OpenStack environments to create and manage users using Keystone, Volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron and VM management using OpenStack.
- Experience in virtualization technologies like VMware infrastructure, including ESX/ESXi and, vCenter, vSphere and associated VMware products and creation of VMs, Cloning and migrations of the Virtual Machines on VMware vSphere.
- Capable in implementing Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave.
- Evaluated Mesos/Marathon and Kubernetes for Docker container and vagrant for managing development environment through the creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Expertise in Implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles. Utilized Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances in EC2 within AWS.
- Well-versed in Using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Environment configuration Files, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience in Automating configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML for resource declaration. And creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, Databags, templates, attributes.
- Hands-on automating the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates and used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Expertise on designing project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool and on building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Expertise in installing and configuring the respective plugin with Bamboo. Implemented a continuous Integration and Delivery Using Bamboo.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration from pulling up the code from version control tools like GIT, SVN, CVS, IBM Clear Case and building Artifacts using build tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and MS Build. And deploying them into artifact repositories like Nexus and Maven
- Experience in working with Maven and Ant in Java environment for authoring pom.xml files for Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Familiar with Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab) and Bit Bucket.
- Capable in administering and supporting the CM tools including Subversion of Git on LINUX, windows environments and Created Common Git branching strategy, day-to-day efforts builds, merging Cloud software developed by multiple Agile teams.
- Skilled in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Logstash.
- Hands-on experience on various testing frameworks like JUnit, various application servers like WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss and Apache Tomcat, Nginx.
- Organizing, coordinating and running the releases and fixing afterward problems.
- Expertise with test automation using Selenium Web Driver & Selenium IDE. Good knowledge of test automation using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Configured and administered TeamCity build server.
- Experienced in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues and partially administered JIRA for issue management.
- Experienced Bugzilla to track the issues in all pre-production and production environments.
- Scripting using tools such as Shell Script, Ruby, Power Shell and batch scripts, Python programming, YAML, AWS CLI tools.
- Hands-on Built and Deploye Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automating the whole process.
- Knowledge on Performing parallel build for .NET application which will automatically decides which of the projects in the generated build list can be built independently.
- Experience in Kickstart installations support, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS.
- Experienced in Using Confluence for technical documentation, setting up a knowledge base, Setting up an intranet and Confluence for software teams.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure, Google cloud platform, Openstack
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack
Container Management: Docker, Mesos, kubernetes, docker swarm, Amazon ECS
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, DynamoDB, mongoDB, AWS RDS, DB2
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Dynatrace, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, datalog, splunk
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, MS Build, XL release and XL deploy
CI Tools: Jenkins, bamboo, Hudson
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GIT Hub, Bit Bucket
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBOSS, WebLogic Web
Languages/Scripts: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux & Windows, CentOS, Debian
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest
Artifactory Tools: Nexus, Artifactory
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, Routers/Switches
Sr. Aws/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for Migrating an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon Web Services ( AWS ).
- Design, build, configure, test, install software, manage and support all aspects and components of the application development environments in AWS .
- Utilized AWS Cloud formation to create new AWS environments (e.g. Test) following best practices in VPC / Subnet design.
- Enhancement of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud in the scalable environment which provides advanced security features such as security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level.
- Worked with AWS Cloud platform and its features, which include IAM, EC2, S3, AMI, EBS, CLI, CloudWatch, SNS, and RDS .
- Involved in configuring Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling to handle high traffic loads.
- Configured AWS - EC2 Cloud Instances using AMIs and launched instances with respect to specific applications and created multi availability zone VPC instances and maintained route 53 , VPC , RDS , SES and SNS services.
- Written scripts using Python in Lambda to completely automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB , Cloud Front distribution , database , EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Builds.
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Automating the deployment using configuration Management tool like Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications. Worked with multiple development teams to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Environment configuration Files, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform and used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue.
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using CI / CD deployments using Terraform .
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Working on several Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub , Machine , Compose and Docker Registry .
- Created Docker images using a Docker file , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes .
- Created Vagrant windows and Linux boxes using Packer.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Created Kubernetes HA (high availability) clustered environment.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments .
- Managed deployment for multiple server instances by enabling password less communication between servers.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef . Created Chef Cookbooks for Sudo users and network configurations using Chef Server .
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Hosting applications along with building and testing the applications using Jenkins .
- Used MAVEN as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts like war or ear files on the source code.
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for Java based applications
- Used GITHUB as source code repositories. Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT .
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and the access control strategies.
- Maintained Ticketing tool JIRA for planning, tracking or releasing the applications.
- Responsible for setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for the JIRA issue tracker
- Developed, build and deployed processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used both Splunk and ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash and Kibana) for monitoring and analyzing log information
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios and Splunk .
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers like WebLogic , Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat .
- Worked on creating automated, containerized cloud application platforms( PaaS ), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Modify and Execute Processes, Standard Operating Procedures ( SOP ), Work Instructions ( WI ), troubleshooting guides and tools.
Environment: AWS EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, VPC, CloudWatch, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, RedShift, RDS, VPC, Red Hat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Terraform, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, Kubernetes, Chef, Ant, Maven, MS Build Jenkins, GIT, Docker, ELK, Splunk, Jira, Packer, BASH, Python, Linux, UNIX.
- Enabled the Amazon Cloudwatch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization and load balancer.
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Worked with Amazon Elastic Load Balancing which automatically distributes traffic across multiple Amazon EC2 instances which enables to achieve fault tolerance in the applications.
- Incorporated Amazon Ops works which is a configuration management tool that uses Chef to automate the servers that are configured and deployed across Amazon EC2 instances.
- Responsible for providing an end to end solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Worked on Lambda for triggering events with cloudwatch using Lambda functions.
- Supervised the DevOps team for infrastructure support on AWS cloud.
- Responsible for managing Ubuntu, Linux and windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open Source Chef Server.
- Designed a highly available secure multi zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation. Azure Cloud Infrastructure design and implementation utilizing ARM templates.
- Creating Azure Backup vault and protecting required VMs to take the VM level backups.
- Creating and managing Azure Web-Apps and providing the access permission to Azure AD users.
- Deployed and managed an Openshift based infrastructure incorporating Cloud forms and Elastic Search.
- Improved the virtualization for the servers using the Docker for the test environments and the dev. Environment needs.
- Achieved Continuous Delivery in high scalable environment by Docker coupled with load balancing tool Nginx.
- Initiated planning sessions for development and testing teams to simplify deployment activities.
- Developed various test cases to ensure proper testing is performed across all corners of application post deployment.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Integrated Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers and setting up Ansible tower as a configuration management and deployment solution for Security Sensors.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Expertise with all the aspects of Chef Concepts like Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, Chef Clients and various components like Kitchen.
- Experience on writing Chef using components like attributes, files, resources and templates.
- Advanced the automation for middleware installations and deployment activities by writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Maximized the through put between the CPU and drives and improved the performance of data processing with the help of Amazon Red shift. Accelerated the Chef infrastructure maintenance including monitoring and security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Used the Salt stack for Continuous Code Deployment and Real-time Automation.
- Maintained the interfaces and secure connections between Jenkins and CI/CD tools.
- Configured jobs and pipelines using Jenkins.
- Launched and configured the Amazon EC2 Cloud servers using Linux AMI and Ubuntu AMI and configuring the servers for specified applications using Jenkins.
- Implemented and Deployed Urban Code/UDeploy application to dynamically deploy Company’s Website Build's.
- Created end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management in UDeploy.
- Wrote the Vagrant scripts to spin up servers on the developer work stations.
- Formulated in connecting continuous integration with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn’s come from the developer.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion.
- Established ANT and scripts for build activities MAVEN in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Implemented the automated Nagios in Ops environment for alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Initiated the process of deployment for automation to Web Sphere servers by developing Python scripts.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios to monitor services like CPU, Hard Drive, Memory, Users, HTTP and SSH etc.
- Used Nagios as monitoring tool and monitored the servers using it.
- Provided 24x7 support for production issues on call support rotation basis.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, Opsworks, VPC, Elastic Block Storage RDS, Python, Cloud watch, Azure, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, LINUX AMI, AWS Elastic Load Balanced, Vagrant, Nagios, Auto scaling groups, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, Ubuntu, Windows server NT.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Managing AWS QA infrastructure management as well as creation of CI/CD pipeline (bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Managed the configurations of all the servers using Chef configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery. Automated web server content deployments via shell scripts.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Jenkins jobs for build automation. Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation from Dev to Eval, Eval to Pre-Prod/ Pre-Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef automation tool.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check styles, Find Bugs, NUnit, JUnit, with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Configured the Jenkins System such as adding the jdk installation, Gradle installation in manage Jenkins. automated deployments across all environments using Jenkins.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus, Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and assist the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Gradle to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Art factory tool.
- Built an end2end Splunk dashboard, report and alerts to support electronic customer communication (ECC) program, which interacts with multiple teams (Digital, SOA, MDM, PAS, Payment Central, ECC)
- Ability to deploy/configure and administer Splunk clusters on large scale. Also, help various teams in on boarding Splunk and configure dashboards, alerts, reports accordingly.
- Deployed Nagios to Monitoring approximately 700 systems (Windows, Linux, and Solaris) using both active and passive checks. I wrote numerous custom plugins to monitor specific application parameters as requested by the team leads. Custom notification groups and integration into the Uncenter helpdesk system.
- Provided Hosting and Deployment Solution in PACI (Parallels Automation Cloud Infrastructure) based on Linux, VMware and Windows server platform.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers and Tomcat application containers in a large Red Hat, Linux/CentOS environment
- Perform configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP and others.
- Managed users and groups in Solaris & Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues.
Environment: uDeploy, Log stash and Kibana, Auto Scaling of instances, ACL, Java, .Net, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, Cloud Formation, Nagios, Nexus, Chef, Puppet, ANT, Maven, Docker, JBoss, CI/CD, JIRA, Bamboo, Cassandra, Terraform, Splunk, OpenStack.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Columbus, IN
- Developed and supported the Configuration and Change Management Processes and procedures.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from various version control systems like SVN to GIT.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT, GITHUB.
- Worked on several build tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle.
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Automated deployment activities in middleware environment which includes portal applications running on Java using Puppet Master and Agent Nodes, Puppet manifests to automate the installations and deployment tasks in service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins and Puppet along with Shell Scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an AGILE continuous integration environment.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl scripts for build and release tasks.
- Created and executed SQL queries to make sure the transactions are entered in database as expected.
- Involved In build and Deployment of various projects using Web Sphere Admin console and script files.
- Facilitated the Change Control Board and assessed Change requests for scheduled builds.
- Provided release updates to the management team and business liaison leads.
Environment: SVN, GIT, UNIX, Perl, Ant, Maven, XML, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, SQL Server, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat.
- Created users, manage user Administered, maintained RedHat Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Create file transfer server for customer data exchange and automated network permissions, maintained User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation. Installed and set up Oracle on Linux for the development team.
- Experience with writing basic bash shell scripts to automate processes using crontab, install and upgrade software.
- Experience in managing and expanding file systems, administer and provision storage on different flavors of Linux servers.
- Involved in combining and automating tools like Selenium with build processes to provide feedback for the development teams.
- Replaced major manufacturer's vulnerable network with robust security through joint architecture of firewall and DHCP.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Configuring the systems for TCP/IP networking with existing LAN, setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other UNIX hosts.
Environment: RedHat Linux, TCP/IP, SSH, UNIX, Shell Scripts, DHCP, Nagios, DBA, RDBMS, Oracle, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, Http, TFTP, Selenium.
Jr. Linux Systems Administrator
- Configuration & package installation through YUM.
- Deploying and Configuring of iSCSI server and Client.
- Configuration, Installation and Troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Handling and troubleshooting issues like RPM packages, boating, User management and backup.
- IP bonding for load balancing and fail over.
- Hosting and securing web pages using Apache web server and SSl.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems Creating and deploying LVM, resizing the logical volume and volume group.
- Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX Servers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Create, deploy and manage Linux and windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Experience in Windows Active Directory Installation and Configuration.
- Heartbeat clustering for high availability in Apache.
- Installed and configured ESXi Servers on Blade servers. Creating Virtual machines. Creation of templates from VMs and vice versa.
- Firmware upgrade, managing the servers, collecting Logs, open KVM console for troubleshooting.
Environment: YUM, iSCSI server, LVM, Linux & Sun solaris