- IT professional with 30 years of SDLC and IT DevOps experience.
- Worked with Confidential Company as a Senior Principal DevOps Engineer (Director level) in IT on cloud infrastructure ( Confidential AWS, Azure) adoption and migration, performance monitoring, capacity planning, high avaiblity, rule based data mining, exception notifications and alertings. Also designed the next generation enterprise data warehouses and visualization portal to govern cloud usage and provide end - to-end visibility to our users.
- Before moving into the cloud, worked on global data centers performance monitoring, portal sites and architecture, TIBCO message bus infrastructure, dotNet business layer. All work is crucial in stabilizing the current platforms, maintaining high availability, and making sure the infrastructure and applications are scaleable, fault-tolerant and easily extensible to handle the growth demands.
- I was with Unisys Corporation as the enterprise architecture director, responsibilities included defining Unisys Cloud Computing/Virtualization strategies and offerings; and directing the off-shore (Indian) development team in implementing a customer portal.
- I also lead Unisys enterprise-wise methodology and process modernization, established a reuseable asset base in the corporate-wide strategic growth areas, including data centers, end-user services outsourcing, enterprise security, and application modernization and outsourcing.
Senior Principal DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Enterprise cloud migration and re-architect, DevOps in the Cloud, company-wide cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare) capacity and performance management to ensure scaleability and availability to support day-to-day business operations.
- Generating operation alertings through combining business metrics and machine resource usage data, employing advanced statistical data analysis, profiling and co-relation, creating tunable alarms with high confidence and fidelity.
- Design the next generation Enterprise Architecture that reduces the platform complexity and operation/maintenance cost, while develops capabilities that enable fast and more adaptive delivery of new services and offerings.
- Define Unisys Cloud Computing offerings, and building a customer portal (similar to Confidential Web Services) that aggregates all end-user functionalities such as user provisioning, self help desk, knowledge management, reports and dashboards, etc. into a one-stop shopping site to facilitate the roll-out of a suite of Cloud Computing offers.
- Provide technical lead and consulting on architecture, solution, and cost estimation for many projects; instrumental in winning many large proposals on cloud computing, end-user services outsourcing, health information management, health and human services, tax collection, real-time airline reservation system, application modernization, and banking/check clearance systems from federal and state governments and industrial clients.
- Chief architect and project lead for Unisys enterprise-wise methodology and process modernization including Customer Driven Proposal Processes (CDPro2) strategic initiative that increases proposal win-rate and reduces problem projects, and Integrated Portfolio Management (IPM) program that aims at establishing a reuseable asset base in the corporate-wide strategic growth areas, including data centers, end-user services outsourcing, enterprise security, and application modernization and outsourcing.
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Chief architect and project lead of the new Confidential EDB (Enterprise Data Bus) initiative which consolidated many backend business databases to create a SOA environment through ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), data aggregation, and standardized access (Web Services, CORBA IIOP). EDB provides a SOA platform for a total provisioning, ordering, and fulfillment solution that is scalable, fault-tolerant, and high performance.
- Re-architected the SDI system (AT&T’s main network provisioning platform with more than 400G of inventory data) based on CORBA (Orbix), MQ Series, J2EE (Oracle 9iAS), and Web Service technologies to achieve 24x7 high availability and scalability.
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Established Confidential NJ branch. Lead teams of more than 50 people at diverse geographic locations, executed and delivered products/services which encompassed all phases of software development cycles from SA, SD, coding, testing, deployment, and OA&M.
- Directed product development in B2B e-Marketplace and PTX (Private Trading Exchange) platforms based on the J2EE technology suite. Platform infrastructure and services comprise membership, storefront, web office, e-catalog publishing, trading activities, searching, posting, member/content management, etc.
- Architected and managed the development of J2EE-based application framework, and workflow services. The products were successfully applied in real-world enterprise level applications.
Internet Communication Software DevelopmentResponsibilities:
- Principal system and software architect to establish Confidential IP-PBX product line (a winner of the 1999 Product of the Year Award by the Internet Telephony Magazine). Managed IP-PBX VOIP peripheral offerings including H.323 and SIP endpoints, media servers, and Windows-based soft phone. Developed new concepts, architectures, and product realization.
- Designed and implemented cross-product software architectures based on distributed object technologies (CORBA, OLE/COM, and JAVA) for Lucent’s next generation telecommunication products. Developed Lucent company-wide object-oriented database strategies and directions.
Cloud/Virtualization: Aamzon Web Serices (Compute, Database, Analytics, IAM, Machine Learning, Management, etc), Microsoft Azure (Compute, Storage, Web, Dtabase, ML, Secruity, etc), VMWare (vSphere, vCenter, vCOPS, PowerCLI, vmTurbo)
Standard: ITIL v3, PMP/PMI, CMMI, CISSP/ISC, UML, SysML, Six Sigma
Database: RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, AWS Aurora, Redshift), Big Data (Hardoop, NoSQL DB, AWS Dynamodb, EMR)
SDLC Cycle: System Engineering, Architect, Development, Testing, Versioning, Releases, OA&M, SCRUM, CI/CD
Tools: Angular JS, React JS, Node JS, jQuery, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Seleniu, SSRS, PowerBI, Tibco Spotfire, Android Studio, Eclipse, Maven, Map Reduce, Lambda, TensorFlow, SageMaker, Athena, ElasticSearch, Kinesis, Azure Storage, Event Grid, Event Hub, Azure Machine Learning, etc.