- 5 plus years solid hands - on experience in Guidewire ClaimCenter and PolicyCenter, in Configuration and Integration.
- Heavily involved in build/deployment using Hudson, environment setup, production release deployment.
- Implementing Rules, activity/assignment creation, batch job/process and scheduling. Handle code merges for multiple code streams.
- PCF configuration of many UI screens and integrations of ClaimCenter vs PolicyCenter (Policy Search), ClaimCenter vs ContactCenter (Search/Updates), PolicyCenter vs ClaimCenter (Claim Search and ICS claims), and PolicyCenter vs BillingCenter (Payment Plans and Billing Instructions).
- Also involved in Claim Financial Calculation, Payments, Evaluation, Admin Data preparation/conversion in XML format, ODS, DMS, DPS integration and consuming/providing Web Services etc.
- As a Point of Contact to lead 10 environment/build/deployment coordinators to initiate and maintain the Linux Environments for Guidewire Applications to be up and running, on Dev/QA/Stage/Production environments
- Solid hands-on experience setting up and maintaining more than 60 computers of UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms for the implemented applications to run, including OS installation, required software installation, setup/fine-tune, configuring the applications and other components, such as Sun’s Installers, Mercury’s Guidewire applications running on Linux/Windows platforms
- Managed the Code Merges after major, monthly and emergency releases of Guidewire applications of all centers in production
- 7 + years solid hands-on experience in the multi-tier web application development using Java/J2EE technologies
- Demonstrated ability in object-oriented analysis, design and implementation, from conception to delivery
- Excellent analytical, time management and problem-solving skills to fix the performance and critical issues
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks
- Key strengths include self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven success in software development throughout its life cycle
Platforms: Windows 8/7/XP/ Vista/2000, Unix/Linux/Solaris, DOS, MacOS, AIX, NT Server 2003
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
App Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Sun s GlassFish App Server, Apache Web Server
Others: J2EE, SOA, Web Services, Apache Axis2, SOAP, WSDL, AJAX, jQuery, MVC/Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Servlets, EJB, JMS, JDBC, SQL, XML/XSL/XSLT, HTML/DHTML/XHTML, CSS, DTD/XSD, JSTL, Log4J, IBM/RAD, IBM/WCM, NetBeans, Eclipse, ClearCase/CVS/SVN, ANT, SoapUI, Hudson Build System, Shell Scripts, Batch Programming, MS Word and Excel
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. Guidewire Policy Center Developer
- Configuration development of various locations and container widgets for Guidewire PolicyCenter system in terms of various Policy Transaction wizards, wizard steps for both Property and Auto lines of business.
- Worked on ICS integration with Policy Center and created mapping document that maps the incoming claim (both Auto and Property) details into Claim Ext entity.
- Worked on data model layer for various entity creations and extensions required as per the business requirements, including different Subtypes and TypeLists creation.
- Implemented and refactored the new business rules of Risk Reports Ordering for PolicyCenter Gosu codes
- Redesigned the report ordering module for various reports namely Auto Clue report, Motor Vehicle report, Driver History report and Property Clue report based on the business rules.
- Worked with finish line team and implemented Change Requests for design changes and technical issues fixes.
- Worked on the production support JIRAs to fix the issues with the highest priority of Critical and Blockers.
- Worked on different functionalities in the process of Cancellation, Change, Reinstatement, Renewal and Rewriting Policy in PolicyCenter.
- Implemented various Business Rules, Enhancements, Evaluation and Validation rules, using GOSU.
- Conducting regular Peer Code Reviews to give valuable design suggestions and actively involved in contributing towards GOSU standards in Development Forum meetings.
- Developed the Unit Test cases for the given Use cases and performed Unit testing and Smoke testing of the module being worked on.
Environment: Guidewire Policy Center 7.0 Guidewire Billing Center 7.0, Guidewire Studio, GOSU/GScript, XML, GIT, Tomcat, Oracle 11G.
Confidential, Brea, CA
Sr. Guidewire Developer
- Implemented the ClaimCenter, including application-related and customized components of Guidewire, including system property definition, database authentication, ClaimCenter vs PolicyCenter integration (Policy Search), ClaimCenter vs ContactCenter integration (Search/Updates), PolicyCenter vs ClaimCenter integration (Claim Search), and PolicyCenter vs BillingCenter integration (Payment Plans and Billing Instructions)
- Maintained ClaimCenter and PolicyCenter production codes, including data and bug fixes, initiating and preparing the builds, environment setup, deployment, automation and production release deployments
- Managed the Code Merges after major, monthly and emergency releases of Guidewire applications of all centers in production, including Quote and Bind application
- Designed and implemented the SafeNet/Password encryption and decryption. Creation and modification and Enhancement of PCF files, including Claim Search, Summary, Loss Details, Parties Involved, Policy Summary and Details, Financials, Coverage Overrides, Notes, Evaluation, Plan of Action, Subrogation, Litigation, FNOL Snapshot etc.
- Designed and implemented the ClaimCenter Rule Sets, Email Notifications, Record Interview, Message Queues, Batch Job Process, Check Printing, Financial Calculation Formulas, Administration Data preparation and loading
- Implemented DMS/DPS integration to retrieve, update and store the documents in their external shared and mounted folders
- Initiated and maintained the automated Build/Deployment, Start/Stop application tasks, running on Hudson Build Application, including ARF & GFIT automated jobs running on shell scripts and DOS batch programming
- As a point of contact to lead 8 environment/build/deployment coordinators for Hudson Build Application across Guidewire all Centers in environment preparation, builds, DEV/QA deployments, Admin Data Preparation and Loading, Stage Dry-Run and GoLive deployment to Production for Personal and Business Auto Lines.
Environment: Guidewire Policy Center 7.0 Guidewire Billing Center 7.0, Guidewire Studio, XMLGosu/GScript, GIT, Tomcat, Oracle 11G, DB2, SQL Server.
Confidential, Monrovia, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Responsible for analysis, design, implementation and system integration of the web application, using Java/J2EE
- Trading Partner Management provides an open B2B protocol framework to support standard EDI. Message/Package Tracker tools are part of Sun’s eXchange composite application.
- The Message/Package trackers retrieve and filter tracked message and envelope information to provide the enterprise with a complete solution for troubleshooting and managing all eBusiness activities.
- Designed, developed and maintained two types of installers for GlassFish ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) which is the integration of some Sun’s JBI (Java Business Integration) components which are developed based on the Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Designed and developed the installer of each JBI Component.
- Developed and maintained the installer of Open ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) which is the integration of all Sun and partners’ JBI (Java Business Integration) components which were developed based on the Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Designed, developed, and maintained the installer of Alaska project using IzPack open source package
- Performed the platform integration tests for all JBI (Java Business Integration) components using Unix shell scripts and DOS batch programming
Confidential, Monrovia, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Provided technical expertise in design and implementation of the 3-tier large-public-facing web application, using Java/J2EE technology
- Developed and maintained Master Data Management (MDM), a large-public-facing web application, using Java/J2EE technology, EJB, JDBC, SQL, and XML, running on GlassFish App Server, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase. MDM is a 3-tier web-based and highly configurable Master Index composite web application that creates a cross-reference of enterprise information. The information is kept current by rules users define to identify, match and update from multiple source applications
- Enhanced/upgraded web applications to newer versions which reduced user complaints through cutting-edge programs
- Maintained Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server databases, Database Scripts and PL/SQL
- Developed a middle-tier Java API for Web client of Universal Index application, utilizing JDBC technology
- Developed a membership application, a subsystem of DataDental healthcare software, using PowerBuilder 4.07 and 5.04, utilizing Informix and running on windows platform
- Designed and developed an Universal Provider Index software, a healthcare product, using PowerBuilder 5.04,running on Oracle 7 and Windows/NT 4.0
- Maintained and enhanced an Universal Index software version 4.1.1, a healthcare product, using PowerBuilder7.03, running on Oracle 8i, Sybase 11, SQL Server 7.0 and windows/NT 4.0
- Redesigned and developed Universal Index software as version 4.5 for new functionality and features, using
- PowerBuilder 7.03, running on Oracle 8i, Sybase 12, SQL Server 7.0, windows/NT 4.0 and Solaris